• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

How Are You In One Word ver. Smile Because It Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rabbit of Inle

Bluelight Crew
It's time for a new thread guys.

Taken from the old thread:
Hey guys, I just want to remind every body about the rules which are enforced in TDS to prevent certain posts from triggering other users into relapse, unhealthy state of minds etc.
Basically, in social threads (such as 'how are you in one word', 'tds photo thread', 'tds social thread' etc), drug discussion of any kind is not permitted. This also includes triggering content or 'glorification' of drugs, photos related to drugs/use & descriptions of 'how high' (or low) you may be.
It is important we all stick by these simple instructions to further create a safe & enjoyable place for every person who visits these threads.
There are plenty of threads in & out of TDS available for open discussion about substances (such as the 'vent/rant thread).
Try take a moment to skim over the triggering post guidelines which have been set by members of TDS staff.

Triggering Post Guidelines for Social Threads - PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING

Thanks!

I am {relaxing}... trying to not get to worked up

{pissed} :!

I fucking hate plastic clips in computers. New PC heatsink had them and all of them broke, rendering the heatsink useless until I can replace them.

I feel your pain man. My PC is the same one I've always had, but for all the new cases, motherboards, CPU's, hard drives, graphics cards and PSU's it's had over the years. ;) Built decent machines out of bits for people more than once. And you were so looking forward to the build and everything. :( And yeah, I used to love Lego too, it's kinda the same. Build PCs to play Lego on these days, how ironic.

You just confused the hell out of me there btw. Posted on the old thread then saw this one, thought I know I'll move my post, then I can come back and close this one, it's obviously been left open. Except it's closed, so how did I post on it? Cos I'm a mod, obviously. Ummmmm, dur! I'm getting there, I'm getting there. 8) :\

Nice to recognize familiar faces here after all these years..
<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
ooooh did someone say Legos???!!! I re-fell in love with Legos over New Year's this year after putting together a kind of complicated contraption for my boyfriend's nephew. I had sooo much fun that I vowed to buy more Legos for myself this year. It's just too bad that Lego sets are soooo expensive. I also think more girly/adult Legos need to be implemented. Lego would make a killing and I'd be happy, it's a win-win. :D

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...I didn't get fired (un)fortunately, so I guess I should be happy about that but I'm not. This also makes me feel incredibly guilty because I should be glad that I'm employed and am aware that so many people are looking for employment and would be happy with what I have ( I was during my first few years there). I just am so over (and have been for years) my current job and need a change desperately. It's frustrating to me. :\

How am I in one word!?
I feel adventurous.. :D
I want to skydive again, I am sorry that I have to wait till spring..

Isn't there a world shortage of Lego at the moment?

Sepher - Sorry for the confusion ^_^ And I just stuck a stock heatsink in my PC, it's running but not as cold as I would like it to be. Everything else went perfect (Except for having my hand on top of the case, leaning close to the wall and feeling the electricity passing through my head to the wall 8o)

{Happy} I have a working PC again =D

C.H, I hope that's a good thing. No matter, even if it isn't I know that it will bring positive changes no matter whether it be learning more about yourself or something else. <3

gorgoroth said:
How am I in one word!?
I feel adventurous..
I want to skydive again, I am sorry that I have to wait till spring..

I would *so* love to skydive some time. Right now though, I have a bunk knee and I know that I'm not physically capable of skydiving. Maybe someday though, I would really love to feel that rush.

Isn't there a world shortage of Lego at the moment?

Whoa, really? This is news to me. I should just give up on the sets and buy a bunch of random Legos, get creative, and see what I can come up with. It might be a huge failure, but I never know til I try! :)

C.H, I hope that's a good thing. No matter, even if it isn't I know that it will bring positive changes no matter whether it be learning more about yourself or something else. <3

I would *so* love to skydive some time. Right now though, I have a bunk knee and I know that I'm not physically capable of skydiving. Maybe someday though, I would really love to feel that rush.

Dude, I totally recommend it.. the feeling you get is indescribable.. I'm fully licensed with 60 jumps now, but every single time terrifies me!
It's a totally great feeling, you'll feel a nice afterglow from your accomplishment months later! :)

^Do you have to be in pretty good physical shape to do it though? I wouldn't want to hurt myself any more than I already have been by trying it out.

It's something I desperately want to do Gorgoroth. Even strapped to an instructor it must take an enormous effort of will to just fall out of a plane. If you can look down thousands of feet and still lob yaself out launching yourself towards the ground at a murderous rate of knots, well, you can do just about anything can't you? Surely? I'll do it one day. Soon I hope.

^Do you have to be in pretty good physical shape to do it though? I wouldn't want to hurt myself any more than I already have been by trying it out.
Reasonably good shape yes.. I.E less then 220 lbs, no breathing issues, it is a sport.. But not as much as one would think..
It's frightening yes, but I've learned that I thrive off facing fear..
Indeed Sepher.. all true, it's something you'd never forget, let alone regret.. ;)..

ooooh did someone say Legos???!!! I re-fell in love with Legos over New Year's this year after putting together a kind of complicated contraption for my boyfriend's nephew. I had sooo much fun that I vowed to buy more Legos for myself this year. It's just too bad that Lego sets are soooo expensive. I also think more girly/adult Legos need to be implemented. Lego would make a killing and I'd be happy, it's a win-win. :D

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...I didn't get fired (un)fortunately, so I guess I should be happy about that but I'm not. This also makes me feel incredibly guilty because I should be glad that I'm employed and am aware that so many people are looking for employment and would be happy with what I have ( I was during my first few years there). I just am so over (and have been for years) my current job and need a change desperately. It's frustrating to me. :\

Spork, I once bought a whole barrel of fake legos because they had pink ones in them--they actually fit with legos so we just dumped them in with the real ones for years. My husband and I used to lie on the floor and play legos with the boys for hours. My boys were so little that they hadn't been exposed to the boy color/girl color thing. I always taught them that colors were for everybody and not to let anyone tell them any different. Ironically, both of their favorite color was hot neon pink...until they went to school. My older son got to school with his hippie hair and hot pink high tops and some big kid (a second grader LOL) asked him if he was a girl. That was the end of pink high tops, except on the weekends.:\

I so know what you mean about the job-guilt. I want to quit my job so badly for various reasons. But it is a dream job! How can I be so cavalier about a job when some of my friends have been unemployed for over a year.

Aww thank you spork. You have such a kind, caring soul. <3

Yeah it's all positive changes, despite most of them being abrupt and chaotic, they are still positive. :)

Dude, I totally recommend it.. the feeling you get is indescribable.. I'm fully licensed with 60 jumps now, but every single time terrifies me!
It's a totally great feeling, you'll feel a nice afterglow from your accomplishment months later! :)

My friend also recommended it to me, and said once that he had to use the back up chord and was momentarily panicking but was able to do it and safely land and everything. 8o

tired.
its been a long day. my fling decided to "just be friends" for now as she was getting too attached and came out of a recent break up. so I understand (we've talked about this issue before). my ex is having a rough time (she used h for the first time in months tonight after running into an old friend, she was upset and crying so I was there for her), and just been a full day really overall. my old sponsor is coming up on 4 years which is awesome though. :D

I really want to make Lego stuff around the house that are actually useful, like baskets to put my magazines or whatever else in, coasters, etc. I just need to figure out how to go about doing it. The coasters would be easy, but I'm thinking the baskets might be a tad more difficult lol.

My word now is tired too. Mornings are rough no matter how much sleep I get it seems.

Oh wow, Gorgoroth. Haven't seen you in literal years. Welcome back!

ATM: Demotivated. I have a huge list of things to do, and all I want to do is curl into a little ball and sleep the weekend away.

^Speaking of long absences.....(((((((Dave)))))))<3:)

unsure-but-ok-with-that
How's that for cheating on the one word? I'm unsure of everything--my job, my marriage, my plans for the near and far away future. The good thing is that I know everything will work out. It is isn't just blind optimism; it is more like knowing that any outcome is fine. Strange place to be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.