• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

How Are You in One Word v. Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty annoyed after learning 27 people including 20 children were gunned down in an elementary school.
Whoever the fuckwit was who invented guns should be rolling in his/her grave.
The world is destined for failure.

Enraged. I need to stay away from FB. My twitchy fingers desperately want to reply to the stupidity that some people have to say, but I do know that it would be like speaking to a wall and just piss me off more. It's not worth it.

Enraged. I need to stay away from FB. My twitchy fingers desperately want to reply to the stupidity that some people have to say, but I do know that it would be like speaking to a wall and just piss me off more. It's not worth it.
you and me both my friend.
loved. kicked it with one of my best friends and his girl. just really met her and we get along great. we know a lot of the same people, she gets my humor, and is overall a warm person. I think I got a bit of a crush on her. oh well, she's permanently off limits for me and im cool with that. still had a good time tonight and it got me out of my shitty headspace. :D I love all you guys and gals here <3

Furious.

It's only 9:30am and I'm already having a bad day. This weekend isn't going to go well. I wish it was Monday so i can be at work again. At least I somewhat fit in there.

Yeah, but won't you feel so much better once you've taken them to bits and rubbed their nose in what apparently passes for a valid argument in their world, like a naughty puppy doesn't know any better? Go on, do it. You know you want to! I love FB arguments. Complete waste of time and energy but I do quite like watching people become increasingly desperate, illogical and tangential as they back themselves ever further into a corner of their own making. It's not that I'm the sort of guy would torture kittinz or owt like that. It's the mental gymnastics you can see them trying to pull off once they realise their position is untenable but they've still got to defend it somehow cos of how much they've personally invested in being right. Unlucky! :p

Top row with a bigot tried to tell us Bradford was 70% Muslim just last night. Shame the 2011 census results have just been released. You'd think she'd have checked before making so astounding a claim? Seems not. Nearer 25% asian asherly, not all of whom are Muslims, but hey, what's an additional 45% plucked from thin air between friends? ;)

So devastated every time I think of each and every one of those parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles trying to come to grips with their children gunned down for nothing at school. This country is sick. People are eaten away from the inside. We need to reach out and connect. Connecting is not encouraged. Tolerance and community is not encouraged. Drinking is. Consumerism is. Medicating is. Competition and grandstanding is. But human connection? That might mean we all find ourselves needing to buy less and then the whole house of cards falls down. Holiday lights are going to forever trigger these families into depths of grief beyond imagining. :(:(:(

Peachy

Think I'm destined to be a spinster, but really hope I'm wrong.. I'm ready 2 find love, since mine dumped me last night.

Last edited:
So devastated every time I think of each and every one of those parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles trying to come to grips with their children gunned down for nothing at school.

^ that is how I felt yesterday

I am doing ok now. My word can be improving.

Pretty annoyed after learning 27 people including 20 children were gunned down in an elementary school.
Whoever the fuckwit was who invented guns should be rolling in his/her grave.
The world is destined for failure.

Guns didnt kill those kids a person did...it is incredibly sad but if we are to use that line of thinking then ronald mcdonald and henry ford should feel like shit because both cars and cheeseburgers when used improperly kill more people each year than guns. But you r right that the world is destined for failure because of everyones capitalist attitudes.

Guns didnt kill those kids a person did...it is incredibly sad but if we are to use that line of thinking then ronald mcdonald and henry ford should feel like shit because both cars and cheeseburgers when used improperly kill more people each year than guns. But you r right that the world is destined for failure because of everyones capitalist attitudes.

Yeah it's important to remember that the perpetrator could have still killed all those people with a bomb, or with a knife, or with a blunt object. We should hold people responsible, not inanimate objects.

very shitty, I feel like quite a dipshit at present

I feel genuinely good.

I talked to an ex-girlfriends sister (who oddly enough is also an ex-girlfriend, but it was just a short stint). Anyway, I had to leave the last state on extremely short notice because of some drama that had no chance of being settled civilly. I decided to move across the country and leave all my friends rather than deal with that problem. It was really the only option for me at the time.

Anyway, this girl had her issues for sure but she was also extremely kind to me, a close friend of both of ours had killed himself so we we got close after that happened. When I decided to leave town, I didn't leave on good terms with a lot of people, including her.

I have since reached out to some of the people I hurt and have straightened things out. I completely lost track of this girl though and her sister though (I lived with the both of them for over a year). This was the beginning of 2009.

Anway, I finally got ahold of her on Facebook when I noticed she had joined the other day. I sent her a message apologizing for all the shit that went down and wished her and her family the best.

She got back to me today. Turns out after I left she got on Heroin and did a 3 year stint on it. She just got out of rehab 3 weeks ago and she says she is doing well. She told me we were all on way to many drugs back then to make clear decisions and we all made mistakes. She said she still loves me and misses talking to me and gave me her number.

It is good to know I didn't completely destroy a relationship I thought I had.

Content.

This weekend was so much fun. It's the best one I've had in a while! I hope this feeling lasts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.