• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How along to become re addicted to benzos?

OntarioGuy

Bluelighter
So, like the title says how long do u guys think it would take to get re addicted? I tapered off a high alprazolam habit with diazepam.

I've been dosing etizolam everyday for about 5 days. Usually in doses of 2-4 mg and sometimes twice a day. If I don't take any today so u think there will be any discomfort from a sort of kindling effect? Or am I worrying myself. I know my first habit took well over a month.

Thanks guys

It depends somewhat on how long it's been since you got off benzos. But yes you're likely to have some withdrawals already because of kindling. I know I once quit opiates after years of being addicted to them, I quit for 6-8 months, and then dosed once 2 days in a row and had light withdrawals.

Take a break and be prepared to feel uncomfortable for a little bit. Better yet just stop and don't look back, as getting back into something you were addicted to is a really slippery slope.

It's possible you will not feel any withdrawals, but I think more likely you will, if it hasn't been years since you got off of them.

But oddly enough, I haven't been getting BZD withdrawals despite using them daily at varying high and low dosages for about a month and a half now. (having past experience using daily), though I always dose by the end of the day.

Yeah you'll feel something, not sure what exactly however.

Benzo withdrawal is so strange, its hard to articulate in words what it feels like...

I have been off for about 4 years. I have a huge amount of etiz at my disposal it I need to taper

You might be fine if it's been 4 years, my recommendation is to stop immediately and then if it gets bad use a minimal amount of etizolam to taper. But right now if you try to taper you will definitely catch physical dependence, and you might not have any yet if you just stop.

But oddly enough, I haven't been getting BZD withdrawals despite using them daily at varying high and low dosages for about a month and a half now. (having past experience using daily), though I always dose by the end of the day.

From what I understand, benzo withdrawal doesn't even start for more than a day and peaks around day 5 to 7.

I have been off for about 4 years. I have a huge amount of etiz at my disposal it I need to taper

Id strongly recommend against tapering if its been only 5 days. Its not necessary at those relatively low doses and will only drag out the process. You might get actually readdicted and the withdrawal will be significantly worse if you drag it out by tapering for another 5 days.

From what I understand, benzo withdrawal doesn't even start for more than a day and peaks around day 5 to 7.
Hmph. That explains a lot. Especially in regards to a few vacations I took a while back where I had been on etiz too long prior.

Yeah you'll feel something, not sure what exactly however.

Benzo withdrawal is so strange, its hard to articulate in words what it feels like...

it really is an odd feeling. I’ve learned not to take a bunch on Xanax at night and not have a Klonopin or Valium the next day for when that “yucky, spine tingle starts. Wish I would have never touched them to be honest. Too late for that.

It depends somewhat on how long it's been since you got off benzos. But yes you're likely to have some withdrawals already because of kindling. I know I once quit opiates after years of being addicted to them, I quit for 6-8 months, and then dosed once 2 days in a row and had light withdrawals.

Take a break and be prepared to feel uncomfortable for a little bit. Better yet just stop and don't look back, as getting back into something you were addicted to is a really slippery slope.

It's possible you will not feel any withdrawals, but I think more likely you will, if it hasn't been years since you got off of them.

Seconding this. If you have already been dependent before, both dependence and tolerance build up much more quickly with subsequent use. Same goes for opiates. It's a curse for us downer guys and gals.

Most likely with the first one you take (psychologically). Physically, it varies; but it's faster if you've been addicted before. The body remembers.
Studies have shown that some people (who have never taken a benzo before) shown slight withdrawals after having taken just a single dose of diazepam. Some people claim to use them daily for a couple of months and have no physical withdrawal upon cessation.

Most likely with the first one you take (psychologically). Physically, it varies; but it's faster if you've been addicted before. The body remembers.
Studies have shown that some people (who have never taken a benzo before) shown slight withdrawals after having taken just a single dose of diazepam. Some people claim to use them daily for a couple of months and have no physical withdrawal upon cessation.

I am one of the lucky ones here. I just went from a two month benzo binge where I was boshing alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, lorazepam, and bromazepam like sweets daily on top of oxycodone.

I just stopped taking it all and went back to my usual 1mg daily clonazepam dose and all that happened is I felt mild discomfort for a few days.

I am not advocating this to anyone else for obvious reasons, but it seems I am lucky with my brain chemistry in this aspect. I keep doing that kind of thing all the time and have an easy time getting off after.

My mate was actually a bit angry with me out of jealousy because I used to be bouncing off the walls boshing high doses of RC benzos like etizolam and flubromazepam and not only did I barely have any withdrawals but when I got scripted 5mg diazepam a month or two after stopping the RC's I got a proper big high off just a single 5mg diazepam dose. I was like well I had a tolerance break for 1-2 months so I'm not too surprised. He's like with the doses you were doing you should have fried your GABA receptors 😂

I do still get bad rattles from opiates though unfortunately.

Studies have shown that some people (who have never taken a benzo before) shown slight withdrawals after having taken just a single dose of diazepam.

What study is this, never read anything to this effect? Rebound anxiety perhaps, at most perhaps?

That said, i would imagine almost no one has taken large doses of benzos for say 6 months and stopped without physical withdrawal. Perhaps those less predisposed to benzo withdrawal are less susceptible, generally. But someone taking 8mg of alprazolam equivalent for 9 months is going to get sick of they stopped (i would wager an exception would not exist in this case, though severity could range substantially).

What study is this, never read anything to this effect? Rebound anxiety perhaps, at most perhaps?

That's my guess. I get rebound anxiety if I take a big dose of etizolam, but I've never been dependent on it. However it does feel ever so slightly withdrawaly. I never think of it as that, though.

Perhaps some rebound anxiety. You should stop now, and that’s all it may be. Keep doing it for another week and you’ll be miserable

That's my guess. I get rebound anxiety if I take a big dose of etizolam, but I've never been dependent on it. However it does feel ever so slightly withdrawaly. I never think of it as that, though.

Taking a high dose of a potent short half-life benzo would cause rebound anxiety in most people. Rebound anxiety isn't necessarily withdrawal.

Although I have to say that was always more of a problem with alprazolam for me, etizolam was always very forgiving to me in that respect even when one night I boshed over 10mg as I was stumbling about with a mate. Felt absolutely fine after. This was with a high tolerance though.

I notice whenever I take a knockout dose of etizolam (ie, I'm on drugs and need to fall asleep, so 2mg generally, even 3mg sometimes), I will feel anxious a couple of hours after I wake up, but it clears up later in the day. If I am just having insomnia I can take as little as 0.5mg and it helps me fall asleep, and then there's no rebound.