• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how addicted would a month of occasional morphine use get me?

nancy145

Bluelighter
i just got an SSRI prescribed to me that i really wanna try because im hopeful it might help with my depression and anxiety, but it's been about a week since i started it and it's making me feel miserable. I've heard it can make you really depressed for the first month till it starts working so I'm like going total junkie for a month till it starts working and i can be happy while sober. if i do morphine, about how addicted will i probably be after a month? i'll be injecting it, and i'm getting it from my friend who can take just enough from his mom so she doesn't notice. i don't belive she's an addict, so it shouldn't be that much, i'll maybe get to shoot up once, twice a week. I've never been an addict to anything except ciggerets, and the longest ive been hooked on them was just a few months, so i don't really know how easily i get addicted to things.i was able to just straight up quit them, and it was mainly because i didn't wanna spend money on cigs so its not like i needed to quit or anything, but again, it's just cigs, not morphine. opiods are my absolute favorite type of drugs too, so that probably increases my chance of addiction. will i be an addict by the time the SSRIs stop making me depressed? will i be able to just straight up cold turkey quit? will i have to slowly ween off of it? go to rehab? not have the willpower to get off of it and just become a hard addict? i know all these questions vary from person to person, but try and answer it the best you can. I'm also not looking for recommendations on weather or not i should do it, I'm just asking what'll happen if i do. thanks

If the most you could use would be 1-2 times a week i would assume you aleady are. If not doing so already dont go down this path man, quitting smokes is a joke if you've ever had a real and honest habit. Just be patient and wait for the SSRI

Here is the problem. You are essentially using the old cliche: "taking heroin for a headache" what this means is you will find any reason possible to use your DOC even if it does not really make sense to do so. Like if you said to someone "my depression medication has me on edge so I am having my friend steal her mothers morphine so I can inject them." They would look at you like you are a monster.

The truth is you are not a monster you have a disease and it is called addiction I know you don't see it that way because you are in the justification stage of your addiction. And you know just as well as we do if you could get enough to use every day you would. You already are addicted. The real question is if you are physically. You need to do some real soul searching because you are at the most dangerous part of an addiction if you don't already realize that you are addicted right now then you are in denial.

I hope you understand I am not judging you and I am not saying you must quit I am only pointing out that judging by your question about how addicted you will be in a month is the same as you are now but with the potential of increased tolerance potential WD if you somehow manage to get your hands on more pills. But if you follow your current trajectory you should not have any WDs using only 1-2 times a week.

And when your SSRI has completely started working if you are able to stop using opiates then you can come back on here and tell me I was wrong because trust me I would be happy to be wrong. I love seeing people beat addiction. It just doesn't happen often good luck stay safe and if you need anything you can always pm me. I hope I answered your question as well as warned you about potential dangers.

I don't think there is enough info in OPs post to label him an addict. I will say taking opiates for depression or when depressed is a recipe for disaster. I advise against doing it but you will not be physically addicted after only using two days a week. But you could pick up a mental addiction that will eventually lead to physical dependence.

I don't have direct experience, but I've heard that injecting morphine directly into your bloodstream can be somewhat addictive

I don't have direct experience, but I've heard that injecting morphine directly into your bloodstream can be somewhat addictive
That is sarcasm I see,correct? You aren't an addict but you want to boot up some dope,correct? Um not a good idea! Maybe you will be one of the few( I mean very few) that could possibly shoot a little here or a little there but it seems to me a perfect recipe for disaster.
Getting back to your question,woud you be physically addicted shooting up twice a week for a month? Highly unlikely!

Yeah it was sarcasm. Generally it's not a good idea to IV opiate painkillers like morphine IMO. I know one person who tried it a few times but ultimately decided to stick with another ROA (she was/is a heroin smoker) but she's the lone exception. Everyone else I've known who IVs is usually only satisfied with IVing. Not just their DOC but ANY drug!

Normally id be annoyed with so many warning msg. But this dude tripping. I'm gonna put in my two cents. If your not on the opiate train already go home. Why you gotta slam it man? Is it liquid or Somthing. As inexperienced as OP sound, is there no other way? It's like going from beer to moonshine only.... way worse. If it's pills you have all kind of hurtles to jump. This coming from a guy that is all for telling people to do what they want. I'm just put off by this post for some reason. . Not sure why

OP, you clearly have no idea what you are getting yourself into. If you use opioids to allieviate psychological symptoms YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED with almost 100% certainty. Leave your friends moms medication alone and grow the fuck up. If your SSRI isn't working either give it some more time or tell your prescriber and see what they say. Depression is no reason to make the worst decision of your life.

Maybe try Wellbutrin, it's worked wonders for me.

Yeah you'll get addicted. Worse yet, you will prepare the pills wrong and get an abscess, go to the hospital, and have it in your records that you are an IV drug user :) Good luck, bluelight is a good place for us junksters :) Keep us posted.

So there are two sides to this. 1) Will you become an addict .. or 2) Will you become physically dependent on the drug.

I cannot tell if you are an addict, only you know if you have that personality. Actually your friends are probably better at telling you that.

Will you get addicted to opiates by taking them once or twice a week? Nope. Does that mean you will stick to that once or twice a week when you find just how good you felt once or twice a week. You tell me?

Then when that once or twice is just 3 times ... aww it won't hurt will it?

Then that become 4 times because as long as you have 3 days off you're all right...right?

Oh but then you feel shitty for those 3 days so why not be ok for 7 days....

Oh and then after a year....

FUCK I'M ADDICTED.

And then you have a nightmare to face that is worse than anything your wait for SSRI's will cause. Watch some you tube videos of people in withdrawal and decide.

That's how it goes for 99% of opiate users.

Sorry.

Yeah you'll get addicted. Worse yet, you will prepare the pills wrong and get an abscess, go to the hospital, and have it in your records that you are an IV drug user :) Good luck, bluelight is a good place for us junksters :) Keep us posted.
ahahaha Junksters I love it

I gotta agree with mad dash and others here, the way your post sounds it seems like your being a bit cavelier about booting up some stolen morphine. It's strange because like 9lives said, I'm one those do u and go for yours type guy but it seems like ur headed for trouble here. If your not ready to become physically dependant on the morphine then you shouldn't even start. I'm being Hippocritical because I use opiates for serious mental illness but I know I'm addicted to them, I'm at the very least dependant on them but I knew that I would be going into to it. It was a trade off for me, take opiates for the rest of my life or be completely miserable until I kill myself, I opted for the opiates but I knew I was gonna be hooked. IMHO if your not ready to go all in then u shouldn't ante up. Good luck brother!

According to her original thread it's an oral morphine preparation, I strongly advise not doing it via needle. You're opiate naive, taking as directed will be nice if you ask me. Take care OP, you're likely going to do this anyway, and I think perhaps your source shoots the stuff which is why you're talking about injection?

Please,if the SSRIs are making you feel shitty, especially if they are making you irritable or exacerbating your symptoms, please talk to your prescribing physician as this reaction to SSRIs is a symptom of bipolar disorder.

Bipolar people are not only extremely prone to self-medicating their symptoms, they are also much more prone to become addicted to opiates, benzos, and alcohol.

There are medications that can help you if you are bipolar. Please do not use opiates to self-medicate. You aren't talking about bumming an oxy because you're back is killing you and you can't get to the Urgent Care for a day or two.

opiods are my absolute favorite type of drugs too

Pretty huge red flag there. That combined with the fact you're using them to relieve your depression, I have a feeling you'll start making excuses to eventually change plans from occasional use to occasional breaks. It's not like opioids are good long term anti-depressants unless you're constantly under the influence. You might not get to shoot up more than once or twice a week, but where there's a will there's a way they say. What if this certain SSRI isn't the right one for you and you have to try second, or even third one? Don't want to sound pessimistic, but there's always that chance, which leaves you even more time to get addicted.

Nancy, I didn't think you had experience with opiates yet they're your favorite type of drug? Is it cos you've enjoyed codeine or another easily accessed opiate or is it the idea or potentially romantic connotations attached to opiates, the addiction to opiates that has you eager to use them? I'm not being facetious just curious. Heroin still had a romantic allure in some circles when I started using IV drugs 20 years ago though it was less and less cos a few of us had older brothers and sisters who were dead or fucked up from it's use. I never got caught up with a habit back then but these days I'm reluctantly addicted to oxycodone due to pain but I sure as hell wish I didn't.

The truth is you are not a monster you have a disease and it is called addiction I know you don't see it that way because you are in the justification stage of your addiction. And you know just as well as we do if you could get enough to use every day you would. You already are addicted. The real question is if you are physically. You need to do some real soul searching because you are at the most dangerous part of an addiction if you don't already realize that you are addicted right now then you are in denial.

This is so true. You sound young. I was fifteen when I started injecting morphine to combat a chaotic home life (by chaotic I mean mentally and emotionally abusive). It alleviated my depression and at first I was able to keep it to just a few times a week, but it is a slippery slope. I became mentally addicted to it first. The preparation of the shot, the pulling back the plunger and seeing that small flash of red that meant I could drive home the drug that eased my sorrow. I too, was in the justification stage at this point. I found reasons why I should continue using. I told myself it helped me be better at sports. I told myself it made me more open to my friends and more sociable. I said it eased all the emotional pain I was carrying around.

The first time I got sick, I mean climbing the walls dopesick I realized that I had created a habit. I had romanticized this by reading novels like "junkie" and "trainspotting" but now it was all to real for me. I thought it made me special to have this habit, however what it did was kill a part of my soul. Flash forward seventeen years. I am now 32 and I have nearly a year clean, but let me tell you, I have lost so much. The worst being how I feel about myself, and I work hard every day to accept who I am. Yeah I had brief bouts of sobriety. I made it a year when my son was born. I made it six months after my first rehab...etc.

You have a very small problem. Your SSRIs are taking some time to work. That is a problem you should talk about with your doctor, not with your dealer. Using to cover mental pain and depression leads very quickly to a path you do not wish to tread.

Good luck. PM me if you need some help as I have been on SSRI since I was seventeen.

"Hopefully reading some of these messages brings you to the contemplation stage of addiction"