• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television House of Cards

We're up to like, episode 10.

NSFW:
FRANK AND CLAIRE REALLY JUST GOT THEIR SECRET SERVICE AGENT DRUNK JUST TO FUCK HIM FOR FUN.

wow.

i mean i saw some crazy shit go down this season, but like i felt serious fear and trepidation for this person and they were just interested in
NSFW:
a fucking three way!
like sharks after blood. this show makes my stomach hurt with anxiety and revulsion and admiration.

I'm afraid of Kevin Spacey now. I just saw a clip of him on Letterman and there was terror, in my loins. No actor has had this effect on me since I was like 5.

Season 2 wasn't bad (much less Apple now!), but I found the whole hacking plot rather uninteresting. Besides, I think it's all going too smoothly for Underwood. I don't really care about any obstacle he faces, because he overcomes them easly in no time. I'd like season 4 to be about his escape from prison.

Why Netflix has tarnished binge-watching's good name

Miriam Krule

In many ways I can't stop watching House of Cards. But binge-watching House of Cards the weekend it comes out does not feel like a relaxing reward.

Let me binge my way ... Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood in House Of Cards season two.

It's been four days, more than 100 hours, and I still haven't finished Season 2 of House of Cards.

I've gotten past the big Episode 1 spoiler. And I've made it through a few more predictably "shocking" chapters. But I haven't finished. And it's not because I think binge-watching is bad - I don't buy any of those arguments.

What was once the most enjoyable way to consume seasons of TV becomes a social obligation

I've binged on many shows in the past year alone. Six Feet Under I completed in a month this summer. I devoured all three seasons of Borgen in the final weeks of 2013, and I relished every minute.

I started watching TV in earnest in college, so if a show ran before 2006, chances are I binged on it while putting off a paper on Kant or possibly an assignment for Slate [magazine]. Veronica Mars? Binged that during finals freshman year. then again in anticipation of the movie.

But Netflix has tarnished binge-watching's good name.

Much has been written about the joys of binge-watching. Slate's TV critic, Willa Paskin, described it as "the classy way of watching too much TV, the rebranding of a previously disdained activity that makes the sedentary life palatable to those people - say New York Review of Books readers! - who would once have foresworn it."

Less than 24 hours before Season 2 of House of Cards, Alex Soojung-Kim Pang wrote in Slate in praise of the practice, calling it "restorative," and highlighting how "it's a way [for people] to reclaim their time and attention in a rushing, distracting world." He goes on to explain that for many, it's a reward.

Binging on Six Feet Under, Borgen, Veronica Mars - those shows felt like rewards, little presents I got to open whenever I felt like it. They offered a way to relax, and yes, reclaim my time. After all, I was on my own time.

I'm sure others were binging on Borgen at the same moment, but we were not trying to keep pace with each other - no one was dictating a time period for us to finish so we could then chat about it. The show had run its course, and people who came well before us wrote the think pieces that we could now happily devour.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...s-good-name-20140221-3374s.html#ixzz2tw6mGbad

kenickie said:
i mean i saw some crazy shit go down this season, but like i felt serious fear and trepidation for this person and they were just interested in [redacted]

Precisely.
I both love and fucking hate that they released the entire season at once.

ebola

This show get 6 out of 5 stars.

Kevin Spacey is officially one of my top 5 actors.

Hot damn, I just started season 1 today. How did I go so long without discovering this one?

same. i'd seen my brother watching it, but couldn't because he was in the middle of the new season and i don't have cable. just this morning i realized it's on netflix. only. whole new season. i gotta catch up so i can read this thread.

edit:
oh shit!

Last edited:
Yep, was waiting for season two with anticipation.

Watched the first 10 episodes consecutively without break, then finished the last three the next morning. Kevin Spacey dominated this role and made it his own.

I stretched for as long as I could. Restraint has never been my strong point. Season 2 was great and the 13th episode was goooooood. The woods scene...ha.

But, it's over now, so fuck...
It's cold and grey out today, too. Bummer.

on episode 10 or 11 of season two. their relationship is so fucking sexy.

i think remy and stamper are my favorite characters.

as an aussie who doesn't care for politics or politicians of even my own country......I fuking love this show. Spacey and Robin Wright nail it, even if Robin can seem a bit wooden that is the role she is playing, haven't seen her in other roles either so hard for me to evaluate her versatility.

As above remy and stamper are fantastic characters, liking Jacke Sharp also. That ex call girl is a really cute sexy thing too, same goes for Russo's ex secretary who was fired by the President, hope she is back.

I thought i would bump this thread.

House of Cards Season 3 was released in full yesterday on Netflix.. my weekend is set.

I just finished season 3, i can't say i enjoyed it as much as the first two.. it has an entirely different feel which quickly becomes evident. The first two felt like ruthlessness, cunning and manipulation tactics.. this season went too far into morality and emotions that muddied the waters and took away from what made the first two seasons so engaging.

Last edited:
season 4 is back. i'm about 7 episodes in and i feel it's back to great again. i have no idea how they'll wrap it up but i'm enjoying the final season so far.

alasdair