• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Hot, red skin on upper body after coke iv

mBaby

Greenlighter
So I only recently started IVing coke, maybe about two weeks. I know, never should have tried but now I have a plethora of questions about things I'm experiencing.

My whole arms and palms of my hands go very red and fairly hot, palms also get blotchy but the backs of my hands and undersides of my forearms get pale and you can really see the veins. Sometimes I get a slight burning feeling almost like a sunburn just in small areas on my hands, it's not extremely paintful just concerning because it doesn't seem right and only started the last couple days.
My shoulders and chest get slightly red and very warm, as well and my face a bit too. Occasional slight joint pain in elbows mostly.

I noticed this doesn't really happen with my first few shots of the day but I don't know if thats related or not.

Is this part of vasocontriction or is it something more serious? Does this happen to anyone else? I'v been googling for days now and haven't found any posts with similar symptoms.

I'm not hitting arteries or missing because I check several times while actually injecting and never have pain or swelling at the injection sites.

If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it! Thankyou!

Oh, forgot to add, it usually goes away in an hour-ish. Sometimes quicker.

Last edited:
Bro sounds like you might be allergic that sounds like hives too me. Take a benadryl an don't take coke again.

Im no allergy expert but I'm pretty sure it can get worse or appear suddenly even if you were not allergic. Again it might be something else but this is just immediately what came to mind and its pretty dangerous so I had to say it.

Yeah I guess it makes the most sense but I still have a gut feeling it's something else. I could try the Benadryl and see if it helps then I would know for sure.
Should I take it right before or right after?

I was fairly sure it was just the blood vessels constricting because I can actually watch my hands go pale, and the veins pop out, but some symptoms don't seem to fit or I'm just not familiar with them all.

Random thing I noticed earlier today, right when the shot is kicking in you can watch your hands start to look a little wrinkly and deydrated lol .

Oh, and if it was allergies wouldn't it happen every time? Cuz my first few shots of the day don't do that or if they're spaced out by several hours I think. So I'm wondering if it has something to do with it building up in my system or the effects becoming more of a strain on my body as I keep doing it throughout the day?

Sorry for yapping lol I'm really curious to find some answers and to hear your opinions and experiences.

I have had this happen from opiates IV and that is because they release histamine which is the basis to and allergic reaction. I would take the benadryl before and maybe a nondrowsy antihistamine (without psuedoephedrine). Tho I don't know why I injected 4fluroamphetamine and had the same hives reaction one time and never again switching to a different batch. It could definitely be a reaction to the cut, I would try some different coke and see? Idk why it only happens part of day??? that's weird

It sounds like you're allergic to the cut.
I would try to eliminate the cut or find a different source.

it sounds like your hitting an artery and don't know it, where are you shooting the coke? The burning sensation in your hands, the hot skin, blotches, these are all signs of shooting into an artery; if it was just the blotches I might think otherwise, but the other symptoms have me leaning towards arterial shot. Sometimes arterial blood isn't as easy to differentiate from venous blood as we might like, especially with smaller arteries, like the ones in your hands and feet. There's one underneath the large vein that runs up your wrist area and towards the top of your forearm that I've shot into accidentally too, where the blood looked pretty dark.

It's either that or your coke has some really weird cut.

Yeah sometimes I can't really tell just by the blood but it either doesn't hurt or just hurt a tiny bit when I poke and then no pain at all when I inject it so I assume I'm good because there's been times where I know for sure I got an artery and there was definitely a good amount it pain.... And it's been happening so frequently shouldn't I have some nasty infection or my arm rotting off or something by now lol.

Hitting an artery seems most likely but if that's the case then i've been doing it for like 2 years with dope without even noticing lol.

If it is the arteries I'm shooting up am I doing some serious damage that may not be noticeable yet...?

As for the cut that could be the culprit, I usually have stuff from 2 or 3 diff people but I stick to the one I like till I run out so I haven't kept track enough to know if it only happens with a certain one.

So far the only patter I noticed is that it seems to happen more and worse the more shots I do and then after a several hours break (sleep) it doesn't seem to happen the first few times.

I hope I'm not being difficult, it's good to hear other theories and new info to work with. It's nice
to bounce ideas off eachother, it gets my hamster running in its wheel :p

If anyone happens to be interested in an update, I think what's happening to me is cumulative damage to my veins/circulation in my arms.

I think I mentioned I only started shooting coke a couple weeks ago but I was shooting opiates for a long time before that and when I started the coke I went on an insane binge, it's actually embarrassing how little control I had and how much I was doing.

So anyways, there's no pain as there would be with an arterial injection and no numbness or pain/swelling at the injection site that would normally accompany a missed shot.

This would also explain why it seems to get worse throughout the day where by the end of the day my fingers are very red almost purple and I started getting some pins and needles. My index finer has also started feeling like its getting the shit squeezed out of it and it's going to explode but that gets less severe if I take a break for a few hours.

If anyone knows more about the long term damage (or short term but very heavy use) of circulation (in hands especially) I Found some info but I can't seem to find anything about the kind of symptoms I'm having... I Inject in the arm but my hands and finger tips especially turn the reddest and the recent pins and needles...

Last edited:
So I only recently started IVing coke, maybe about two weeks. I know, never should have tried but now I have a plethora of questions about things I'm experiencing.

My whole arms and palms of my hands go very red and fairly hot, palms also get blotchy but the backs of my hands and undersides of my forearms get pale and you can really see the veins. Sometimes I get a slight burning feeling almost like a sunburn just in small areas on my hands, it's not extremely paintful just concerning because it doesn't seem right and only started the last couple days.
My shoulders and chest get slightly red and very warm, as well and my face a bit too. Occasional slight joint pain in elbows mostly.

I noticed this doesn't really happen with my first few shots of the day but I don't know if thats related or not.

Is this part of vasocontriction or is it something more serious? Does this happen to anyone else? I'v been googling for days now and haven't found any posts with similar symptoms.

I'm not hitting arteries or missing because I check several times while actually injecting and never have pain or swelling at the injection sites.

I've had this happen from snorting and staying up 5 days.

I had this happen the other day. Splotches of red that burn and tingle on my face and elbows... My face felt on fire. This is your body rejecting the substance. Take a antihistamine if this happens and eliminate what's causing the problem