• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Honokiol in propylene glycol has interesting effects

nintey

Bluelighter
it felt like a pretty strong benzo at 400 mg, but also a slightly different effect that was hard to describe. Very calming but also somewhat of a different psychoactive component.

I have heard it it is a cb receptor agonist as well

This is one of the alkaloids in magnolia bark extract, correct? I have some in powdered form but have never gotten too good of results even from 1g of the stuff

so, you took the isolated honokiol mixed with propylene glycol? because as headhigh said, the bark extract even at real high doses doesnt do much. maybe because simple extraction method with water just isnt effective enough or the whole bark contains too little of honokiol.

so, you took the isolated honokiol mixed with propylene glycol? because as headhigh said, the bark extract even at real high doses doesnt do much. maybe because simple extraction method with water just isnt effective enough or the whole bark contains too little of honokiol.

Yes I took pure honokiol and dissolved it in the PG and than capped it. It is definitely psychoactive. I have only ever taken in in ethanol or PG but I heard it is very poorly absorbed otherwise and this is possibly a reason others have not felt much from it