• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Honeymoon Period

arredwade

Bluelighter
I went through a big crack phase last year before winding down and taking longer and longer breaks. I just smoked it for a day for the first time in about four months. It’s just not the same anymore. No euphoria. No real high, just tenseness and a vague feeling that I did something. Is this how it goes? You never get that feeling back? I’m happy to be done with it, but just have to ask.

I've never did crack so I have no real input to the topic here. But I would like to add that meth is the exact same way for me. I took a 15 month break and returned to it, and the euphoria still lacked. None at all.
I dont know how long it takes our brains to return back to normal. There are so many different factors that come into play.

Everything has a honeymoon period unfortunately. Cocaine use can also cause heart issues that can relate back to how it makes you feel generally. I personally haven't smoked crack in quite some time, but haven't really enjoyed powder either. Nothings ever gonna be good enough or as perfect as you wished. Diminishing returns come w/ life and entropy.

Unfortunately it’s still entirely possible to have a hellish addiction to both crack and meth even when there is zero euphoria left in it. I’d just give it away while you are still strong enough.

Quoted for truth, and if you find you can't stay sober try to go w/ smoking weed or something less destructive. I've found sobriety impossible but that's just me. Either way, God bless all the crack smokers + drunks who struggle w/ it every day. We will overcome something one day.

I've never did crack so I have no real input to the topic here. But I would like to add that meth is the exact same way for me. I took a 15 month break and returned to it, and the euphoria still lacked. None at all.
I dont know how long it takes our brains to return back to normal. There are so many different factors that come into play.
Forgive my nosiness, but didn't you say you'd been taking an antipsychotic? 15 months isn't anything to scoff at lol that should've had you back to baseline. Or damn close, at least.

To answer your question in some degree, I'd need to know a few things:
How much euphoria, happiness do you feel while not high?
Are you often stressed? / Easily stressed?
Do you have a general dopamin problem? By this I mean, are you addicted to dopamin output from your brain? Gaming, Gambling, Sex, Stimulants, it's all the same addiction
Are you on anti-depressants? / Are you depressed? / Do you feel empty?

I in general want you to feel better, but I'm not going to tell you how to enjoy a drug more, so I'll wait for your answer first before I say anything else, sorry. You should get rid of the crack.

Forgive my nosiness, but didn't you say you'd been taking an antipsychotic? 15 months isn't anything to scoff at lol that should've had you back to baseline. Or damn close, at least.
Yeah you're right. I am on an antipsychotic, which is why I probably cant feel shit lol. I always forget. 🤣Before I got clean those 15 months, I used six years, and I was on the meds back then and I was still able to get high back then.
I guess when I got sober for those months, I took my meds daily, and never forgot a dose and now I'm just doomed bc they are definitely blocking my high now. All I get is physical affects like heart racing. It does wake me up and make me feel just normal. But no speedyness and no euphoria.

OP just ignore my previous response lol.