• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Honest opinions on low dose MDMA?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
It's always been told to me that low dose MDMA is kinda lame and its this all or nothing experience, I can kinda infer how that would be, but i've never intentionally taken low dose mdma or ever done a small amount up in the nose or anything like that.

Anyone have any good experiences with it? I have a lot of friends who do it this way, sniff a bit or just take say 40mg, maybe even less. Probably usually combined with other drugs such as lsd, dmt, ketamine, weed, other psychs, etc. I guess the only way to find out is to try, but just all the negative stuff I hear about it makes me anxious about trying it.

I'm starting to consider it though, since I always heard so much bad stuff about low dose DMT, but honestly most people I know prefer it this way and I think I do as well, at least in the context of a convenient vape pen. Maybe its just that all the wind up of traditional DMT smoking methods makes low doses not really ideal... DMT pen on the tail-end of m+acid is some serious secret sauce

I worry maybe people are just parroting the same bad stuff they hear about low dose MDMA over and over, I know I've advised others against it many a times without having tried it myself.

I like low doses of MDMA.

Like 40 mg ish yeah. Its kinda just a mild pleasant, relaxed but energized buzz where you can enjoy some music or do art or clean the house or chat with someone with a sense of joy at being in that moment.

But the biggest difference is the afterglow from low doses feels light and phenomenal without having any of the feelings of being physically and mentally drained that big doses tend to bring along the next few days.

Agree with last post. Low doses are fine but they need to open the door. 80mg minimum for me. Insuffulation or 100mg oral. Less doesnt reach the mdma effects only some light stimulation if anything

I've enjoyed low doses. They may vex you though as the feeling is such that you get like a teaser preview of what a proppa dose is like. It's been nice in situations like festivals where there are a lot of people and I don't necessarily want to get completely off my face, as proper ~120mg doses have sometimes made me feel really fucking out of my tree in terms of interacting with the world.

Low doses kind of just make you feel a bit nice and maybe more social....sort of like two pints but way fucking cleaner and leaner feeling (and also happier).

Although....the last time I did a low dose (~60mg insufflated) I ended up asking this couple I was talking to if I could hug them because I thought they were beautiful (which I told them). Then again, I feel like I've always been sensitive to the stuff so get more from less. Maybe I'm broken.

Low dose MDMA: 6/10

Personally i dont get any effects, social or interpersonal from low doses. Unlike other drugs with stimulant nature ( mdma offers so much more than a stimulant so no comparison really, but nothing else other thsn rcs to compare mdma to) the drugs nature doesnt slowly show. Mdma either opens the door or not

With high quality crystal MDMA, I find I can have a nice experience on like 50-60mg. It is quite subtle, but is nice. The last time I did a low dose, I just gave a friend of mine a massage and it was the best thing. I enjoyed it a lot and she was like "WOW, It's like you can feel every part that needs work and you're applying the perfect pressure." It gives you a nice subtle lift and a good afterglow the next day. I recommend it personally, but I wouldn't go into it with the mindset that you're gonna "roll."

I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's not necessarily bad. It's just easy to get uncomfortable since you don't have full strength empathogenic effects smoothing over the weird physical effects.

Personally, 40mg insufflated can actually be a nice experience. Oral, too low. But that much insufflated is about the threshold for me.

First off: I think MDMA is a medicine, and it's never good to take medicine when you're not sick.

That being said, I have a lot of experience microdosing MDMA. I suffer from Asperger Syndrome, and MDMA has helped me in ways I can't even bring to words properly. I used to have immense problems detecting if a person was sad/happy/angry, it was just puzzling and I had to actively read signs in their faces and gestures to determine how they felt. MDMA permanently erased that. There's some other issues I had that MDMA helped with, too, especially my anxiety, my ability to talk to people, and understanding many social cues.

Lastly: Do not be me and increase the dose in time. The MDMA had already helped me a shitton, I was just getting greedy to feel like other people.

Noooo, it sure as hell is not rolling by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

Which is why I enjoy it: my eyes aren't trying to escape out the back door and my teeth are keeping well apart, if you know what I mean.
Yes. This. Its like the difference between a light beer buzz and getting absolutely wasted.

Yes. This. Its like the difference between a light beer buzz and getting absolutely wasted.

As a binge drinking veteran, your analogy doesn't make sense to me. 15 pints later, and I'm just getting started at the third pub of the night. ;)

Maybe I need to work up my MDMA tolerance to these heights of reckless fuckery.

Or maybe not. 🙃

As a binge drinking veteran, your analogy doesn't make sense to me. 15 pints later, and I'm just getting started at the third pub of the night. ;)

Maybe I need to work up my MDMA tolerance to these heights of reckless fuckery.

Or maybe not. 🙃
Jesus dude that's a lot. Probably wouldn't start treating mdxx like that nah lol

Jesus dude that's a lot. Probably wouldn't start treating mdxx like that nah lol

Nah, I couldn't even try. 140mg and I'm useless deffo not getting served at the pub....unlike after 15 pints. It's a lot of very self-destructive work to get to that level. Can't imagine trying it on multiple fronts. Maybe 15 years ago.

In fact, I'm probably stuck with the low dose MDMA from here on out. :D

Nah, I couldn't even try. 140mg and I'm useless deffo not getting served at the pub....unlike after 15 pints. It's a lot of very self-destructive work to get to that level. Can't imagine trying it on multiple fronts. Maybe 15 years ago.

In fact, I'm probably stuck with the low dose MDMA from here on out. :D
I accidentally did an overweight cap of some potent crystalline mdma when I was like 19 or something like that.

Was probably like 180mg when I normally take like 90-100, but I had made a few stronger ones for others in the group and accidentally mixed them up.

Was floored. Uncomfortable level of pleasure. Didnt know wtf to do. I got stuck and very confused doing several basic tasks like fixing a glass of juice or something like that. Didn't throw up or anything but like I was just sweating and kinda rocking back and forth going: " yep. Uh huh. Wow. It's too good. This is good. I'm too good."

It evened out into a fantastic roll after I stopped peaking so fucking hard but yeah, I learned to be aware of the amount, its strong stuff when its good.

Yeah, that's me on any dose considered "real". I love it, but like with LSD: I just don't have it in me for the effort any more. hahaaa

Low dose MDMA: for those who can't cope with the real thing. ;)

Yeah, that's me on any dose considered "real". I love it, but like with LSD: I just don't have it in me for the effort any more. hahaaa

Low dose MDMA: for those who can't cope with the real thing. ;)
I mean what the fuck is even real anyway at the end of the day. If you're enjoying yourself why worry about if some other dude thinks you didnt do enough to get it to work "correctly"

You'd think with the sort of openness to possibility and mind expansion these compounds are known for the attitude would be kinda: work your way up and do enough for you, or if you want to jump in be more careful about the dosage and probably check to make sure you're within a safe range cause you didn't bother to test the waters.

Instead often, ( and I get it man we're trying to set a good example while still also giving advice for the generally optimised "good times) the more analytically minded of us get a tad caught up on the "correct dose" and so on and so forth.

I mean that's cool and I appreciate that we have these people, like they are our engineers and accountants and safety professionals. That's just how their minds work: more analytical, linear highly structured ideas bout things.

I dunno what the fuck the point really is here, so I guess I'm done.

Good talking man.

Molly is a black and white experience for me, it either works or it doesn't so low doses don't really do anything. HR principles dictate that you do the lowest amount necessary to get you high and for me thats about 100mg. I tried 70 once, it did squat.

It depends on batch and set/setting.. 80mg can be surprisingly potent but any lower and the effects die off substantially.

I’ve tried microdosing 5-10mg and felt like it just gave me slight serotonin effects with no positivity. Like warmth in my body and what not..

I’ve tried 40-60mg doses which can be ok especially when combined with a psychedelic but still too low for me.

90-130mg is my usual dosage range I play around with. Anything above 130mg is too much negative for not enough increase in positive..

-GC