Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hmm Pma??

DeSpise

Bluelighter
just ate a couple of caps im concerned that theyre PMA what should i do???

I would drink about a litre of water then stick my fingers down my throat and force myself to throw up.

I'm sure this is too late by now, so hopefully you're ok.

If you think they're PMA, why did you eat a couple of them? It's always good to start with a low dose when dealing with a new batch of pills etc in case of adulterants.

Your best option is to have someone with you. If someone is with you and things go wrong, they can call for an ambulance. If you're by yourself, you may not be in a state to do that.

Absolutely agree. Make sure that there is someone nearby, and if things go pear-shaped, call an ambulance. If you feel weird, and you are close to a hospital, get there yourself- you'll save yourself the ambulance charge. If you are in SA, PM me and we can sort you out. If you have palpitations, go to the hospital. If you are grinding your teeth more than you usually do, go to the hospital. If you feel hot, go to the hospital. You might be lucky, and it could be nothing. I'll save the lecture on moderation for later, you muppet;)

caps are one thing i would not consume unless i had either tested them or they were bought from a very trusted friend who has consumed them b4 but even then i would avoid it. why is it that u think theyre is PMA in these yet u injested them? not very bright if u ask me :S

Para-Methoxy-Amphetamine

Yeah, the good ole' PMA eh? Also known as Para-Methoxy-Amphetamine, or... "4-MA".
For PMA to be sold as MDMA (especially in Melbourne), it is quiet a rare occurence. Due to the chemical PMA's relatively poor reputation all-round, whether it be "uncomfortable" experiences, or you have simply TAKEN TOO MUCH!! it basically is not a very often requested, or accepted chemical to "play-with".

Believe it or not... I have heard of people actually wanting to intentionally consume this substance, and although... not reccomended by me personally, using this substance DOES have some sought out effects that alot of those "partying", would be looking for.

Please take extra care to note:- That PMA (Para-Methoxy-Amphetamine, 4-MA) has a fairly low dosage range, sufficient enough for a decently "Hallucinogenic" kinda roll. It is significantly more dangerous to use than what MDMA is... especially if the one taking the drug (PMA) suffers from blood-pressure problems, heart sensitivity/difficulties/palpitations/excessive rapid pulse, etc...
After the drug is consumed, when the effects actually start to kick-in you will feel a sudden increase in energy, minor visuals (similar to those of MDMA), typically dilated pupils, due to the fact that this substance is a sympathetic system working drug.
Very similar kind of "psychoactive nature" to that of MDMA in lower doses, but appears to have that ultra "scattered" feeling followed by the intial peak.
It is normal for one's blood pressure to rise significantly, not to mention feeling extreme "fever-like" symptoms. It is also possible for breathing to be a bit "messy", taking breaths... which don't really feel like sufficient amounts of oxygen in-put. Vomiting can also sometimes be common.

The possibility of dying is and WILL always be there with drugs like PMA. Heck, it's even possible to over-dose from drugs like 2-CB, MDMA, 2-CI, just to name a few.

PMA appears to be one of those powerful Phenethylamines, that should really be taken in minimal dosages. I very-far from recommend this drug to anyone. Especially those not at all familiar with dosing off it.
If the main problem is "knowing" what's in your actual pills, I seriously can't see getting a pill-tester, like... EZ-Testkit being that much a loss to the money you're going to spend on drugs in the future anyways. Why don't you just order one of those? Unless, you actually intended on consuming the PMA, knowing it actually WAS PMA and decided it was a bad idea after you did it?

just an update... im alive, thank god. i snorted the contents of two caps that were sold to me 'MDMA powder', and when 3 hours later i felt like i was on an alien planet and things were just getting fucken wierd i ended up calling the ambo... didnt want to risk driving there in that state.
sitting in the ER about 4-5 hours in i started tripping like a crazy mofo, everything started morphing and breathing and going rainbow colours... sorted out my head enough to check myself out and caught a cab home as the sun came up... the trees were like a living breathing painting, growing and shifting alot. it was damn scary for a while, but once i calmed down it was really quite beautiful. i thought maybe it was LSD while i was on it, but some friends who had one cap said it was not like any trip they had ever had, it was more a powerful pschadelic amphetamine of some description... anyways i have no idea what the fuck it was, probably never will... i guess a research chem, AMT or the like. yikes and wow, i just wanted to pop a pill and have a good night instead i end up tripping for almost 24 hours totally out of control, i have to sort out my head enough to chat to the dude who sold em to me...

if in perth, watch out for large clear caps north of the river with a tiny bit of poweder in them (LIKE A MATCHHEAD), the powder had stuck allover the sides making it look frosty. i had no idea what to expect and got totally kicked in the ass, a costly lesson to learn :(

and oh yeah i thought it was MDA at first, thats why i dropped the second. when shit started going wierd at 3 hours, i had the terrifying thought that i had just injested a lethal dose of PMA, not nice

Don't quote me on this, but I was under the impression LSD and AMT couldnt be snorted?

I know that 2-cb causes some fucked up things to happen to me when I snort it. Completly different to dumping it.

On second thought, why *couldnt* acid be snorted. It would still reach your blood.

I think I believed that because lsd is usually in liquid or on a tab, hence, no snorting.

Dont mind me, I'm smashed.

Thanks for getting back to us DeSpise. I figured you were either dead, or partying hard and having a ball, or in hospital. Nice to know it wasn't the former, and that you're now OK .

I think it should be a rule of thumb NOT to sniff any powders where the contents are unknown. Perhaps it should read...at least until it's first been "identified" via oral administration.

For PMA to be sold as MDMA (especially in Melbourne), it is quiet a rare occurence. Due to the chemical PMA's relatively poor reputation all-round, whether it be "uncomfortable" experiences, or you have simply TAKEN TOO MUCH!!

Deformed Neuron, I would argue that most PMA is made not for a demanding market, but simply because the precursor is so readily available and cheap. All the other compounds required are "off the shelf". The same precursor can produce the 2C-X series of drugs but the chemist needs a bit more knowledge and it would be a more lengthy procedure.

You might like to read this thread if you haven't seen it.

2CX- Dilemma for Law Enforcement and Harm Reduction?

Except the dichromate salt (which isn't required for PMA), all the other compounds required are also off the shelf - Dichromate is even still available if the cook knew where to look. This carcinogen (dichromate) was once in all kids chemistry sets.

What this essentially means is that although the starting materials for MDXX and amphetamine/meth are difficult to come by i.e. restricted or watched, the starting material for PMA and a host of other PEAS/AMPS is not. In fact it's readily available and can be purchased without suspicion.

So therein lies the danger. If you are knowingly sold (silly enough to buy?) PMA, then at least you know what you've got. If you're educated enough about it, then at least you'll likely be VERY cautious if taking it.

[It could also be argued that if the average user [?] was educated enough i.e. read enough trip reports, he'd never be likely to go near PMA/ PMMA and so never contemplate taking it]

But if PMA is sold as MDMA, or mixed with anything able to fool the kits, then there's potential trouble all round. The likelihood of this occurring is perhaps quite high when it's considered people are producing this because it's easy and cheap - like their morals.

Jimity, almost anything water soluble can be mixed with something else water soluble and insufflated. Whether this is an irritant or worse depends upon the nature and concentrations of both the active and the cut.

There's an old story (Deja News days - so it could have been an urban myth) about some people who snorted what they thought was cocaine when in fact it was pure LSD tartrate. Although all were said to have experienced severe mental and physical discomfort (muscle spasms etc) all were reported to have recovered without any problems :\

It was said each had consumed an equivalent of ~ 12,000 doses!! 8o

As usual Phase_dancer said it all and everything is spot on. ;)

i snorted the contents of two caps

(i) Don't snort unknown powders.
(ii) Don't have what is a double dose of an unknown powder - assuming one cap is meant to be an effective dose.
(iii) Certainly don't combine no-nos one and two.
(iv) Get an Xtreme tester - PMA and chemicals like 2-CI could be "guessed" and occasionally proved from the results..

DeSpise said:
if in perth, watch out for large clear caps north of the river with a tiny bit of poweder in them (LIKE A MATCHHEAD), the powder had stuck allover the sides making it look frosty. i had no idea what to expect and got totally kicked in the ass, a costly lesson to learn :(

and oh yeah i thought it was MDA at first, thats why i dropped the second. when shit started going wierd at 3 hours, i had the terrifying thought that i had just injested a lethal dose of PMA, not nice

Not to throw sticks at your argument or anything, but assuming something which came to you in a match-head sized dose (within the cap) is MDA is close to moronic. How much would a match-head sized lump of pure mdma do? I'd hazard a guess and say that a match head sized dose would be what.. 10-30mg, which is a very small dose, or all three chemicals (MDMA, MDA, PMA).

I'd say if you can't get the exact name of the substance your about to injest from the person who's sold it to and be able to trust the information given to you, you'd be better to spend the money elsewhere.

kwiksand said:
How much would a match-head sized lump of pure mdma do? I'd hazard a guess and say that a match head sized dose would be what.. 10-30mg, which is a very small dose, or all three chemicals (MDMA, MDA, PMA).

I would have thought a matchhead sized lump could be a very active dose, maybe upwards of 100mg. It does ofcourse depend on your interpretation of "match-head size lump" wether it is just a small lump in a cap which isnt the size of a matchead but is closer to the size of a matchead than anything else thus being compared to it, or if it really was infact the size of a matchead. The majority of the content in a pressed pill is binder, regardless of wether it is a weak pill or a really strong one. Im not sure on the exact ratios but i'd estimate that atleast 70% of the pill would be binders, meaning that the content that is actually mdma would have to be a fairly small proportion of it.

Anyway, its probably best not to eyeball doses of an unknown chemical that could be very active in small amounts.

well my understanding of capsules is that if they are pure mDMA/MDA then thee should only be a very small amount of powder in them, and since there was only a small bit of powder i thought they looked ok... the guy i bought them off has always been good so i dunno how i ended up with some trippy chemical instead of pills... ive never come across any pyschadelic drug before, only speed and MDxx so the thought didnt even occur to me until the walls started turning multicoloured and warping in the ER.

when i realised i was blatantly trippin i got the hell out of there and went home to chill the fuck out, and i really enjoyed the later part of the trip, but realistically that could have easily been PMA or ANYTHING and me and 4 of my close friends could have died that night, which is quite a shock to the system. im gonna ease off the drugs for a while, i still have some meth left over from that night but have on desire to smoke it whatsoever.

3 days later and i still dont feel normal :( gotta go to work later and tell em i had food poisoning thats why i couldnt work all weekend :(

these chems are obviously highly enjoyable if you know what your doing but in my case it just scared us and ended up in a colossal waste of money and drugs...

is it worth getting a mecke and mandelin tester as well as the extreme test? i am thinking of getting the whole shebang, its only 90 bucks so thats pretty cheap comapred to the cost of my funeral lol

it is worth getting hte lot, or at least Mandelin. Do you have much exoerience with pill testing or chemisty in general? It's a pretty simple but very important process. I wouldn't consume anything without testing first - your health is worth the test!

i did quite well in chemistry up to 1st year uni, where i proptly dropped out and started doing art. so im confident i will be able to handle it... you dont need any specific chemistry knowlege right? i cant remember much of my chemistry years but i should be able to perform a reaction if thees instructions given.

im gonna show the kit to the guy i bought them off and tell him to get one too!!! if i was some sort of badass i might be tempted to knock out a few teeth for my troubles :)

DeSpise: you'll be fine with that kind of background. The instructions are fine, but I think it helps to have a small clue as to how the reactions work. I have chem to 1st year uni too - helps with a bit of general drug bio-chemistry understanding.