• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hl music thread

"Free" Deniece Williams

In my top 10 favorites ❤️

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OlLrn6AVV2s[/video]

That's a good one. Got it in my Spotify 'soul' Playlist. She has an amazing voice.

Marvin Gaye's "You Sure Love to Ball" really lifts my spirits. Preferably the original as opposed to the alternate version.

"They had some kind of magic going on back in their time" - 10yg. I like that comment, and I feel the same way.

Chinup! What's going on girl? Hang in there, please. Everyone hits rough patches during recovery hence why it's so hard won.

You don't want to go back to that bullshit. The good part hasn't even started yet. IT WILL! I'm cheering (loudly) for you. (It's 10, I finally got my original username back.)

dangers- we have more sense than lies

"And nothing changes if we don't change ourselves"

true

Widespread Panic has been one of my favorite bands for almost 15 years now. Below is a link so some of the best solos from Mikey Houser. Michael Houser is hands down my favorite guitar players. An honest tone with a lingering lead. Enjoy.
Houser Heaven Crashing solos

I came into this thread to post an amazing song I have been listening to all morning, when I started reading through the thread about Tribe Called Quest and 90's hip hop...
Then I came to this and immediately I was like "I have seen this before."
Travis I especially like "Electric Relaxation". It has a smooth, chill vibe. I love R & B, from 80s, 90s, but especially 70s. They had some kind of magic going on back in their time.

One of my top 10 favorites:

"After the Dance" -Marvin Gaye

Oh yeah!! Camp lo. Another 90's hip hop group I used to jam out to nonstop when they came out. Not for everybody but here ya go......
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mentions "Sugar shack from the banner on the Marvin Gaye album
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now to an awesome live version of the song that is my sobriety anthem at the moment.... Santigold "Disparate Youth