• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids High Kratom Dose

RocketFox

Greenlighter
I'm playing around with kratom as I of course went through a 30 day prescription in 3 days. I'm wondering what others dose at. I'm taking 120mg of morphine and 120mg of oxy ir on paper. In really more like 600mg+ a day. So far I think I'm at about 30g of kratom today. Should I just keep eating it and see what happens? Or is there a cap?

I'm going to move this to Other Drugs, as it is not a trip report and you'll get a lot more responses there.

In my experience, there is a cap with kratom, you can only get so high on it.

Welcome to Bluelight. :)

The side effects will eventually become unbearable at a certain point I would imagine.

The alkaloids in kratom are partial agonists so somewhere there is a plateau in terms of its opioidergic effects. Its effects on calcium channels may be dose dependent however, who knows.

i started to get annoying headaches when i increased the dosage. might have something to do with kratoms adrenergic properties.

You almost certainly won't get high but it'll help withdrawals at higher doses. The only issue is that kratom works a little different then other opiates and without a tolerance to kratom you might experience some bad adverse side effects at higher doses.

When I was taking 40 grams a day it didn't feel any different then 20 grams even when I jumped up to that dose spontaneously.

There's already been good answers here, but I can tell you that the brand of Kratom is everything. My friend gave me some red borneo that his formerly-oxy-addicted-friend had given to him. It was in a silver bag. I was in horrible withdrawal and remembered that kratom didn't do shit, even though I would eat 10 to 12 .4-to-.5 gram capsules from the local headshop. But I had this silver bag of red borneo, and threw down 5 grams powder with OJ. It was unbelievable how much relief that I got. What am I rambling about? It's all about the quality of the Kratom. I should say rather, potency. There may be high quality stuff, but it's weak. This red borneo stuff I got, I'll never forget that first feeling of relief after 4 days of a hellish nightmare. I never did find out where it came from, but there's a website that is based on a wild african animal that had a marble game. I recommend that. They have zillions of varieties, all described and ranked.

So the shit you have, may not be very good. S'all I'm sayin. Don't write off kratom until you've had the real deal. It's a fucking lifesaver, but you're just wasting it if you're doing that much. At the very least, a high potency/high quality brand of kratom will make you feel better. Maybe not like a million bucks, but... better.

I am new to kratom and use it for pain management. I've also completely stopped my anti depressant. I have only tried the red maeng da. I take 2 grams in the morning and 2 around lunch. I wake up with no pain and that in of itself is a miracle. I do not need to get high because I don't hurt anymore. I have more motivation and well being and even my strong cravings for meth have subsided.

I am new to kratom and use it for pain management. I've also completely stopped my anti depressant. I have only tried the red maeng da. I take 2 grams in the morning and 2 around lunch. I wake up with no pain and that in of itself is a miracle. I do not need to get high because I don't hurt anymore. I have more motivation and well being and even my strong cravings for meth have subsided.
If I remember correctly the Red Maenga da will make you tired. I use the green or white as I don't want to sleep. I use it for pain as well as depression and it seems to help. I was taking Oxys regularly(2years daily) but apparently was not addicted. I guess because I kept the dose down. Highest I went was about 60MG in a day. Anyway real Oxy's are expensive and Fent scares me. Kraytom seems to help when I just feel overwhelmed. I would agree with some other posts that after a certain point or dose you really don't get much more. For me mild good feeling, more relaxed and less pain (back)

If you've been on it for a while I'd advise against discontinuing your antidepressant so abruptly...

If you've been on it for a while I'd advise against discontinuing your antidepressant so abruptly...
Solid advice, but I am just ready to be done with it
If I remember correctly the Red Maenga da will make you tired.
Red Maeng Da is actually pretty stimulating to my husband and I in small doses. The pain relief is probably also a motivation.

I'm going to move this to Other Drugs, as it is not a trip report and you'll get a lot more responses there.

In my experience, there is a cap with kratom, you can only get so high on it.

Welcome to Bluelight. :)
Thank you! I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how to navigate this site... If you or any mod or person in the know could help explain to me what I need to do- I need harm reduction help with opiates and have a specific question?

Thank you! I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how to navigate this site... If you or any mod or person in the know could help explain to me what I need to do- I need harm reduction help with opiates and have a specific question?
Click on any forum, and there will be a bar to type in above all the posts. Write the title of the thread there and the content of the thread in the box that will appear below. Then, submit the thread.

I'm taking 120mg of morphine and 120mg of oxy ir
If this is your current regimen kratom may do nothing....
If the use of scripts has come to an end: Wait a bit until the WDs start to kick in... then dose kratom at low dose... one can always go higher. Try 1g > 2g > 3g > 4g > etc. Give it at leadt a couple hours to fully take effect but on a semi-empty stomach 15 minutes and one will start to feel relief from withdrawals. As posted above... it it subtle. One may not get high but one may find that WD symptoms have mostly abated.
Suggest starting low.
That dosing of opi is pretty high (IMO) but a short spree: Maybe one will come out without a scratch. :)
Keep it updated please.
Following for information purposes only.... :unsure:<3

I benefit from moderate doses of kratom.. like 8-12 grams. If I were to take 20 grams or something in one go I'd be incredibly nauseous, dizzy, and speeded out in a way that stimulants can make one. It's a weird substance but the euphoria subsides in super high doses for myself and the side effects are quite nasty. Oxy feels better and has less side effects, but the downside is that it can actually kill you and is subjectively far more addicting. Ps I have opioid tolerance as well and 60-90 mgs is where I'd go recreationally throughout the day. Kratom tolerance makes oxy weaker as well... and it never goes down as long as you're taking kratom regularly. I'd imagine someone taking 100 grams of kratom per day would be able to withstand 100+ milligrams of oxy with absolutely no opioid tolerance. I wish someone knew the mechanics of kratom and why it makes opiate tolerance to pills/heroin grow as well. So I guess that objectively makes kratom officially an opiate.

You can try to experiment with doses and see where the ceiling is, but most people say past 20 grams there's no benefit. Let me know what you think! Really bad kratom seems to be abundant (but it's like how meth users say they're meth sources became bad when really it's just their tolerance going up), so I can't tell if my tolerance is just getting higher. But when you get your hands on some high quality kratom believe me you'll know and you'll be taking less to get awesome effects.

i started to get annoying headaches when i increased the dosage. might have something to do with kratoms adrenergic properties.
My guess, yes.
And/or the high doses of opi........

Edit: spoiler was not apropos.
:)

Last edited: