• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids High Feelings After Stopping Opioid Use?

Eisbaer

Bluelighter
Strange Feelings After Opioid Use?

I stopped taking Hydrocodone and also Oxycodone, a few months ago. But at certain times, I feel like some of the effects that I have felt on these painkillers came back to me, even though I have not taken any hydrocodone or oxycodone. The effects aren't as strong as after taking the actual chemical, but I can feel a sort of euphoria and also the same "lightweight" feeling that these drugs used to give me. Has anyone else experienced this before, or know why this is happening?

Last edited:
IMO that's pretty unusual after the length of the break you described. The only thing I can come up with is maybe you've done something to naturally release some endorphins and that's making it feel like you've taken an opiate. My experience is that an endorphin release can somewhat mimic an opiate dosage to some degree. Hang in there.

your body is beggining to naturally release dopamine again... You lucky son of a bitch.. most drug addicts never quite get that back but any euphoria or state of well being that comes from nowhere its your body saying im back bitch... bet you missed me. Most people dont even get euphoric when you win or eat or fuck because opiates are used so much that it uses any amount of happiness your body is capable of producing basically and as a result it forgets that these natural rewards should trigger that relase and let the happiness in.

This shows that you are on the forward path from here. remember these words and never go back to the old ways... Most Opiate Users or really most drug users in general, which is a lot of people, are jealous of your naatural ability to enjoy life for what it is and not need a pill to say something is good when it is

perhaps its your endorphin's coming back with a vengeance
and yh keif raises a valid point - do certain events trigger these instances?

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

It actually happens at random times. For example, I can feel it right now, and it's not going away. But it feels the strongest whenever I listen to a good song, or have a good thought.

It feels like this is a better cure for depression than any SSRI or something. If I had depression, I would be cured right now. That's what it feels like.

have you heard of ASMR? cause i get that sometimes, had it ever since was a kid
for instance, i get it when i hear certain sounds like rain

I've never heard of ASMR, but it sounds something like it. Could it be that a drug can "activate" that function in the body?

Last edited: