• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos High Dose Benzo Withdrawal Potentially Fatal, Need Help with quick Taper Plan.

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I have no idea where to start I guess I will say first I experienced Chest Pains Like Praying to GOD I don't die of a Heart Attack Angina And even when I took My prescribed Doses of Benzos with like a large dose of xanax at the time which got rid of all anxiety except the Chest Pains remained but they were extremely blunted hence I been using more Benzos than what I Am Prescribed which is 1MG Clonazepam (PMS Brand) Plus 10MG Nitrazepam (Mogadon Brand) Daily.

Due to the bad replies from my original unfiltered Post starting out the thread I erased it all since it's no longer relevant as I have ordered some Diclazepam to attempt weaning down with slowly before I get some more posts that are based off the bad mind state I was when I originally made this thread I would add more detail to this thread but i am afraid if I dont type this out perfectly and make a typo or say something that does not divulge every little itty bitty tiny teeny little detail about my life and situation everyone will jump to conclusions etc. anyways so I'm truly not sure what to do about it especially not being able to think clearly.

Last edited:
So let me get the facts straight. You're currently taking

* 2.5MG Clonazepam
* 10MG Nitrazepam
* 3MG of Xanax
* 90MG of Methadone

I'm not really understanding what you have reliable access to, so it's hard to come up with a plan. Looking at the medications you're taking, personally I'd try to reduce the Xanax first, since it's short acting and more likely to cause severe rebound symptoms when discontinuing. Cut 10% off your initial dose every day if you're comfortable with it. As far as I understand it, you should be okay as long as you're not going cold turkey. Yes, it's going to be uncomfortable. Yes, you probably won't feel right for some time.

Benzo withdrawals are no joke, and If you at all can, I urge you to start a dialogue with your doctor. Be honest, especially about how much you've been taking. He might not prescribe you more than you're already getting, but perhaps he can help with drugs that keep you safe and take the edge off, like Gabapentin or Clonidine. You mentioned Methadone, so if you're already seeing someone for your issues with addiction, it might be a worthwhile avenue to explore.

1) GO TO THE ER

seizures will be dehumanizing and painful. Please get help.

2) Because you probably disregarded #1...

Take as small a dose you need to JUST take the edge off. Be prepared for a very terrible withdrawal.

IS THERE SOMEONE WATCHING OVER YOU?

Your post is quite confusing, you're rambling.

From what I understand, you're taking a number of different benzos - short and long acting plus methadone. However, the way you're posting, the anxiety you're feeling, the things you're saying... sounds worrying.

Go and see your Doc buddy, Benzo cold turkey is life threatening, so I'm pretty sure they won't just take them away. I think the Doc SHOULD put you on a higher dose of a long acting benzo, then you just stop taking the short acting ones, and taper from there. That would be the logical thing to do.

If you can get Etizolam, then that's short acting, you'll just end up dosing more frequently and probably will just add that addiction to your current ones.

Go and see the Doc.

Ok calm down man! What doses are you taking a day and how much do you have left? If you tell is that we can probably help you.

There isn't really a safe rapid taper plan for high levels of benzos. The fastest safe taper plan depends entirely on the individual and will vary completely. To do it safely, you'd have to be able to stabilize yourself before you start.

If you are seriously at a point where you are considering robbing a pharmacy then you should take that as a sign and get yourself help. Jail/prison isn't really a place you'll want to detox, they won't give you any help and basically just throw you in a cell alone.

Depending on length of time he's been taking benzos, most shit i've read is a 10% reduction per week.

I hope you're okay man and haven't done anything stupid... that OP was written like you were off your nut. You probably don't even remember typing it because of a blackout.

Try and just list exactly what you take on a daily basis and how much you have left, and what you have access too. Don't go off on a tangent.

Sorry everyone I realize now I should of simply created A post on how to make a taper plan and I have not disregarded going to the E.R. it is very much a real scary ass possibility for Me. I managed to score 2 10MG Diazepams And I should be able to get more soon if all goes well.

My first thought was to try and cut out the Xanax I have 10 extra 10MG Nitrazepam tablets and 13 2MG lorazepam tablets and 10 0.5mg Lorazepam Tablets and I got 15MG temazepam but only like 180mg worth of it. And I got as of right now only 10.5MG of Clonazepam extra after taking my daily maintenance dose I realize these benzos even the xanax for example specifically will take 5 Days for the withdrawal symptoms to be full effect correct Me if i am wrong please.

Oh I have only been using more than what is prescribed for roughly 6 Months now closer to 7 I think oh And I have my Mother who is 100% aware of the situation and helping Me with things. I Am getting 7MG of Clonazepam this friday so long as the person who has them is still alive.

I can maybe get some flualprazolam or clonazolam or some would that work? I think the 10% reduction speed is just a basic standard I think that's what ashton manual recommends but I simply don't have enough benzos to wean down by 10%.

Is my only option to just randomly guess the amount of the drug I can use less of? The problem seems to be with that it will take days for the symptoms get severe enough to know if I can handle it. OH! I almost forgot to mention my Dr. is super understanding but has already made it very clear that he will not prescribed more than 1MG Clonazepam Daily and only reason I Am prescribed the 10MG Nitrazepam daily is I told him how Temazepam barely effects R.E.M. sleep to the point that it basically doesn't reduce the quality of sleep unlike other Benzos such as Nitrazepam which I switched to due to Temazepam shortage.

Last edited:
So your life depends on the life of that dying man in space ship with aliens?? Your post isn't too clear again but it's OK. Those 7 mg every Friday will save you.?? Plus you score some here and there and all is good?

Now seriously, I have been w/o clonazepam only for several days only with a few 1mg ativans. It was pure hell. I was tempted to use all the ativan at once. Good thing I did not. But I don't feel competent to give you an advice because you use too many benzos even though I would know how to make a plan for myself, safe or not. I was lucky I had no seizures but I went through hell. There are people on Bluelight who can help you Im sure. Ask the admins to paste your thread to other sub-forums too where you will get more replies. Turn on placebo like I did, it helps.

Last edited:
IMO the clonazepam issue is solved. If he was on 2.5 mg (probably)a day then The 1mg should hold it w/o causing serious problems. Yes it is a big decrease but the brain still gets some drug. Also, IMO, there is no need to worry about all 3 or 4 benzos. Xanax is more dangerous than ativan and if he can grt some more like he did diazepam he should make it thru. One member went cold turkey off 10 mg xanax and of course he suffered w/d but I don't remember if he had any seizures. I will invite him here. His username is pahn

I had a mate years ago on methadone and just 3-4mg of xansx/day and he'd get potentially fatal seizures if he missed a day. Everyone's different and it depends a lot how long you've been doing it
But your post flagged a lot for me that said you're not a lightweight with this in terms length of serious addiction - so you don't want to down Play it

I'd go to the ER personally. It sounds like your already blacked out from how you write. My buddy lost 6 months of memory from phenazepam. Nobody knew he was blacked out until he ran out and had a seizure. Benzos are weird drugs man.

I had a seizure coming off way less then what your taking. Luckily I was in the hospital when it happened.

Withdrawal onset will vary based on the half-life of the drug you are taking. Alprazolam(Xanax) usually takes about a day or two to really onset with a peak around 5-7 days. Others might take 2-3+ and peak around 7-10. These are just ball park numbers and individual physiology will cause different results.

If you can't do 10% and aren't familiar with what it feels like when you start slipping into psychosis or become at risk for seizure then it is highly unadvisable to try. Even if you are highly familiar with it, the process is still very risky and should be more of a last resort. The way I've done it before is by managing the level of my withdrawal, never allowing it to get too intense but also having to limit my dose based on supply. No one else will be able to tell you how to do that. You should always have more than you immediately need on hand for safety reasons but realistically this is not always a practical strategy if you are addicted. Allowing someone else to control your dose might be a good idea, and when you start to run low always aim to conserve and have a few emergency doses on hand.

Really if your doctor takes away your prescription it might present problems immediately but in the long run it will probably be a good thing considering the problems benzos are causing you.

What benzo is he currently taking with the longest half-life? Someone on here will have superior benzo knowledge - would it not be best to take a higher dose of the long-acting benzo and ditch the shorter ones altogether? Then taper that at 10% per week... obviously this would be based on supply and if he can get more if required.

Hey man, I feel for you. I went cold turkey from abusing extremely high doses of xanax (30mg+ a day) and had the worst wd symptoms i've ever experienced. I ended up having multiple seizures. Like most others have already stated, go to the ER whenever in doubt. Don't roll the dice on your life. I would definitely start tapering at least 10% every week, but make sure to talk to SOME doctor about it beforehand. If you live with someone then make sure they know what is happening, tell your family if you live alone so they can check up on you. I lived alone when I was wd and having seizures alone is terrifying. I would have them and not even know it until the next day. It will often put you in a fugue state where you dont really understand anything, often i would go to sleep and wake the next day with bruises and a bleeding tongue.

I also had the chest pain/angina symptoms, and those were the most worrying symptoms I had. I was POSITIVE that I was going to have a heart attack. My left shoulder and arm would get shooting pains along with the sharp pains in my left chest. I had all sorts of tests done, and they said I was fine, but trust me I felt ANYTHING but fine! If you can I would recommend trying to see a neurologist or another doc who could possibly put you on an anti-convulsant like keppra. That's what helped me thru my wd, doesnt help with the symptoms, but it kept the seizures at bay.

Taking methadone and benzos, especially abusing benzos is one of the most lethal drug combos i know of. I'm sure you are well aware of this, but i felt it was necessary to say. I was also on methadone maintenance for about a year, and let me tell you methadone is the worst drug in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm a junkie thru and thru and methadone is by far my drug of choice, that being said i havent touched it in 5 years, and shutter just thinking about the hell it caused me. I know SEVERAL friends who died from methadone, specifically mixing it with benzos.

Can you get into any type of rehab facility? If not then I would just be COMPLETELY honest with your doctor. Let him know exactly the amounts you have been taking and for how long. Pride is not worth dying over. Don't risk your life because of shame or not wanting to lose your script. Let me know if I can help you in any way, feel free to PM me if necessary. Sometimes it helps to just have someone to talk to who can relate. For now, just try not to worry. I know its MUCH easier said than done, but your anxiety is just going to exacerbate your symptoms. Stay active, try doing some light exercise. Stay safe.

Some great advice here so far.

One thing to be aware of is the traumatic nature of rapid benzo withdrawal. It is such an intensely terrifying state that it leaves scars and can really form the 'baseline' for future, ongoing anxiety problems. Plus a rapid taper is more likely to lead to protracted withdrawal which is a risk factor for benzos and usually leads to reinstating the medication.

10% a fortnight is best. Either way, you should never cold turkey these medications or really any gabaergic.

I don't know if it's clear or not but the 90MG of Methadone I Am prescribed is for back pain And I get 1200MG GABAPentin Prescribed three times daily just got it increased from twice daily and I am prescribed 20MG baclofen 4 times a day but I just 60MG at night with the GABAPentin to help get me to sleep and help with the pain I don't like using naproxen due to it being not good for the heart especially right now not to mention it's harsh on my stomach and Acetaminophen does not help the pain much at all but even if it did can't use more then like 1000MG twice a day Long-term without seriously fucknig up the liver this is all due to some pain in the back to deal with (pun intended) pain from an injury long ago.

Read my posts I can't talk to my Dr. and telling Me to wean down by 10% is not going to help unless I wean down by 10% reduction every 24 Hours I don't got enough Benzos for that long it looks like my only option is to attempt to buy some Research Chemical Benzos as a back up in case I can't wean down which I want to do not just because I am forced into it but I was only using 1MG Clonazepam Daily And saved My nitrazepam to use a higher dose of by itself or with clonazepa once a week to relax and get some much need anxiety de-stress relief. But I Am not going through withdrawal because I Am chasing any kind of buzz and I just didn't realize how long I had been using extra Benzos for with all that has been going on with my life until recently so I just wanted to make that clear but to get to the point.

First off I have been through some BAD withdrawals least to me at age 15 and it fucked me up bad enough i can't sleep w/o ear plugs i am so senisitive to hearing at night. It was from using 2MG Lorazepam once in morning and once at night for 2 weeks straight and i stopped cold turkey cause I had no idea they were so addictive being a nieve dumbass 15 year old kid that we all were once to some degree of lack of wisdom. I couldn't sleep for 5 Days straight until I took my last 2mg lorazepam and I had like fucking horrible muscle twitches all over my arms so I know the TASTE of benzo withdrawal i also used valium like 10-30mg daily for a monthand experienced only some anxiety after that but right now.

I Am currently using the 10MG Nitrazpeam (10MG Nitrazepam, 1MG Clonazepam I am prescribed) and I have used 2.5MG Clonazepam And 1MG Xanax but it's only been 2 Days I am experiencing the xpected increased in anxiety and I might need to take some more nitrazepam tomorrow until I can get some Diazepam. Good News I received 7MG Clonazepam and 6 0.5MG Lorazepam Tablets today.

Oh... I have never blacked out on benzos I have had to be reminded of things I have done when I had no tolerance to them under influence with a clear recall of the things that happened maybe slightly fuzzy on details though but that's use of like 3mg clonazepam or equivalent doses of other benzos like 6mg lorazepam gave me a rare psychedelic effcect which u can google about the phenomenon from using high doses of it I would stare at the monitor and letters start to move in weird as ways lol that's bout the extent of said psychedelic effect it provided. But I especially with my HUGE tolerance now don't have any black outs and even with low tolerance only experienced severe short term memory on it and at the worst got a fuzzy memory of things like slightly fuzzy memory. Just for the Bluelight.org Records lmfao my god damn eye lids keep twitching I assume it is due to withdrawal should I be alarmed by at all or simply try and use my baclofen to relax the muscle and cover up the symptoms I also have 0.2MG Clonidine Tablets will those be of help since they make me sleepy with the lowering of blood pressure and all.

Last edited:
You need to work with a professional to get you stabilized on probably one long acting benzo and then work on a slow reduction... You're taking way too much shit that's gonna cause some bad problems probably sooner than later, and you're not doing yourself any favor by combining different benzos.

Last edited:
^ I Am not going to even read how many times that and reduce your dose by 10% has been mentioned and I know i have said I dont got enough benzos to do that. I can understand most of these replies r most likely due to my first post and I would've done these options if it were one for Me.

I can't post very often at all or make posts that make a lot of sense I got my O.C.D. symptoms whcih is one of the myriad of reasons I am prescribed my clonazepam for is gone through the roof in it's severity of it's symptoms. I am getting small withdrawal symptoms and I simply can't think straight it feel like my mind is going through a fucking cheese grater I think I would like to use either Diclazepam Powder in A Propylene Glycol Solution or a Norflurazepam solution which have Metabolites of Benzodiazepines which I assume since Norflurazepam is a Metabolite of Flurazepam that is a tricky one to do.

I think I need a new thread on What's Best RC Benzo for Taper? Diclazepam or Norflurazepam etc? I am afraid of clonazolam and flualprazolam of jacking up my tolerance further than it has been and we don't even know how long the half-life for them is and form the effects and what I read Clonazolam does not last very long at all at least not in the length of time that Clonazepam lasts. Flualprazolam is more like the molecule should be named Fluclonazolam I read and I believe it has a longer half-life but I don't think the flunitrazolam 0.25MG Pellets which would not last long enough to taper with and being an analogue of flunitrazepam it most likely would jack up my tolerance all similar to less intense tolerance development seen by Flubromazolam users.

On top of it all I Am experiencing A chest cold and I can't vape weed in my Volcano without using an emergency inhaler after vaping to much by the end of the day despite use of a maintenance inhaler which I need to stop typing cause I need my weed to help and i can't breathe since i forgot my maintenance

Last edited: