• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hi, I'm new. Need a bit of info. My drug of choice is crystal meth and Kat but I've used it all and take chronic psychiatric medicine. I

Manapt.36

Greenlighter
Can anybody give me info on how illegal substances work with my chronic prescription drugs for depression, insomnia, tranquilizers ect

I'm gonna take a stab at it.....and say ....... .not good.

You see, the more specific you are when asking a question, the better chance of getting an desirable answer. -This fun fact not only applies here at BL, but to the entire civilized world.

Swing and miss on both side of that question.

But! Perhaps your were looking for a extremely vague, yet likely true answer? If so, then I believe my first response will provide everything you need!

All joking aside,

the consequences of mixing prescription medications with illegal street drugs can be extremely dangerous. With risk of permant organ damage and death. Seriously.

OP, welcome to bluelight!

Last edited:
If your talking specifically it matters what illegal drugs and medications specifically.

Maybe. Thats just that guys style imo. I was already leaning towards the same opinion, meaning taking things too far.

use the search function to search for the name of your prescription drugs. If they are common ones, there's bound to be thread answering the question for every drug under the sun. This place is like that.

Hey OP, welcome to one of the internet's longest running Harm Rediction-dedicated institutions. When I say institution, I mean you gotta be crazy to be a member!! 🤡

As others have noted, we need more information if you want help that will be truly helpful. What drugs do you take? What is your history of drug use both licit and illicit?

Basically, stimulants really fuck with even a healthy person's mental and physical equilibrium. I'm not saying that treatment will be completely ineffective, but it will almost certainly make it worse.

- Inability to comprehend your own emotions accurately

- Inability to Express yourself accurately to your prescriber

- Inabiluty to separate effects of drugs from more idiopathic sources of mental illness

Just to name a few potential pitfalls. The chances of making true, positive progress with your problems will almost certainly be impossible if you're muddying the water with other drugs.

It's my opinion that stimulants are among the worst possible drugs of abuse for folks with severe mental illness. It typically worsens depression/anxiety, but even worse, it can provoke schizoid and bipolar relapses.

No judgement, this is just what I believe.

Personally, IMO, Crystal Meth can be used as a relaxant in a very small atmosphere. Doing a line or two, small line, then taking a couple of hits does relax a person and Can make conversation between 2 or 3 ppl enjoyable. A 2 hour interval with smoking is a good way to go...moderation is key.

So what is Kat. I am curious as it could refer to Meth-Cathinone or to Khat/ Catha Edulis, the Twig they grow and chew in Somalia and Ethopia. Fell in love with it first time I chewed it, good stuff.

Or maybe even something else?