• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hi, I'm new here and didn't know where to post this....

MortimerLeo

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new here and didn't know where to post this....so I'm just putting it here for now. I've taken opiate pain meds on and off (for pain, not to get high) throughout my life. The time before last was for chronic pain (like fibromyalgia) and went on for 14 years. I was on very high doses and finally went thru a rehab program to detox safely. I had no desire to use again but then had an accident and shattered my elbow. I've had 2 surgeries in just over a year and as I know I have a high tolerance for pain meds I've started getting them illegally from friends within the last year. After my second surgery I've started using more and more and have gone up to using from 400-700mgs of oxycodone in a 24 hr period since late Dec '16 - Jan '17. Lately I was even taking up to 30+ Norco and high doses of oxycodone too. I've been trying to cut down but when I cut down too quickly I get really shaky. Obviously with this high of useage constipation is a big issue and working on that with the naturopath I see. Anyway, a couple days ago I ran out of Oxys and had gotten a few 30mg morphine which I used 8 of in one day, along with norcos, then got my Oxys the next morning. So after taking a lot of magnesium tues or weds night I had diarrhea the next morning and then started having blood coming out of my rectum..I've had this happen before and though it was from a burst blood vessel from the large bowel movement. Now here's where I'm looking for help....I also stared getting very shaky yesterday (thurs) and cut down from 21 30mg Oxys on tues to using norco & morphine on weds and then to 19 30 mg Oxys yesterday (thu). I got thru yesterday but was shaky on & off and still have blood coming out of my rectum. I don't wanna go to the hospital but I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any input???

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. What did you decide to do? If you are bleeding from the rectum I would indeed see a doctor. I'll go ahead and move your post to another section for now. I'm so sorry you're in this place, it must be very painful.

Smoky

Go to the hospital. You need medical supervision to go off that much there they can make sure if you go into a seizure or arthymia they can address it rapidly via the iv. Make sure you are honest with them and they understand just how much you've been taking. IMO I don't think most er would just be annoyed or judge you if anything they'd prob be happy to help someone not trying to score dope.

I could be wrong because I don't use opioids but I'm almost positive going on and off like 750 mg of hydro or Oxy a day is a life threatening medical emergency

** sorry reading on my phone just saw you don't want to go to the hospital I feel you I've been there tons of times where they drop the ball. But I do think this is beyond what your able to safely address. Is there perhaps any outpatients where they could slowly taper you

OP, any update ?
If the blood is red it's most likely a burst blood vessel in your GI tract, this can lead to infections etc. so please go to a hospital if you didn't already

Last edited:
That's a very high dose you have there. I know you are trying hard to manage this on your own but I believe it's time for some help. At the very least seek professional help with the blood situation, it's very bothersome that it is persisting. Be careful man, you are playing with fire at those levels of drug use and for the love of god please tell me you doing a cwe on your norcos.

Last edited:
I didn't even notice the norcos since all the Oxy stood out. But can't that much apap cause internal bleeding?

Apap is easier to the stomach, the main problem with high doses is hepatotoxicity