• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hi! Brand New; in the middle of Opiate Withdrawal

Korana

Greenlighter
Hi everyone
I'm 30 and I have Fibromyalgia. I was refused Opiate based medications for my chronic pain over 5 years ago when my body was slammed with pain. Guidelines dictate it's not an appropriate treatment to prescribe, even if your patient can barely walk and screams when touched in certain places.
In desperation to keep my life, I turned to an online doctor and I was prescribed co-codamol. Over the past 5 years I've taken co-codamol and nurofen plus together to control my pain, as tolerance developed I didn't care about the consequences and I took more and more. I reached as many as 11 co-codamol 30/500mg tablets and 20 nuofen plus tablets together in a dose. I would dose at least 2-3 times a day. You can do the math. I've been endangering my life.
I was able to function. It was amazing. I also work in health and social care and do 14 hour shifts. It's no easy feat with Fibromyalgia. I sacrifice lot physically and emotionally. I work with challenging behaviour. But I love my sector and my job and I strive to stay working and progress.
So I took as many Opiates as needed to ease my pain and continue ruling my world. I am a control freak who was always active despite my condition (It actually combacts fatigue if you balance properly) and would try to do everything physical myself. I have two large amazing dogs and ironically... a worse off chronically ill partner who isn't much help in dealing with responsibilities. But that's always been okay. I've just wanted to be enough to keep out world running, warm and happy. I've almost ruined myself in the process.
So it was all up to me. I ended up with serious dependence on codeine and wouldn't last 2 days without pills.

Now I never want an Opiate again. I have benign tumour in my left breast they left in because it was just under removal size. Now I'm facing another emergency scan for hardening tissue in the same breast. Life is amazingly short.It's made me wake up and realise what I've been leaving behind - emotions, experience, intensity, good, bad, scary, great.

I'm on day 4 of withdrawal. It's horrible. I have many supplements and safe meications to help me try and manage. I feel like garbage. I'm feeling the pain of my condition fully along with the pain of withdrawal. I can feel the herniated discs in my back. I can feel the spasms in my hips and lower back from chronic sacrolliac joint injury. Everything is tight, screaming and I am beyond exhausted. But I will make it. I'm just feeling alone. Only my partner and a very close friend know what's happening to me.
Every day I make a list of positives. This morning I was so emotional because of the immense relief of the night sweats ending early. It helped me get a couple of more hours of rest.
Anyway sorry for the long introduction.
I'm just so happy to find somewhere to talk about this. With people who KNOW how this feels and can do this with me.
Much lvoe to you all on whatever journey you're facing.

Welcome 🙏🏻 and be easy on your self! Please do not take this as a criticism, but from your post you sound like a Very Driven “A” personality!!! The only way things get done right, are if you do them !!!! Well life does not always get done right. I have learned that acceptance is the solution to all my problems. “ It is what it is...... or it would be different!!!!
Slow and easy wins the race. I have had much better,and pleasant { if you can call it Pleasant 🤔🤔} and long term success with a tapper, some slower than other. I to have long term chronic pain that will only continue to increases.
Good luck , glad you are here

Oh good luck honey!
You’ll kick the opiates, and the breast (fibro) cancer. Yeah don’t ask me where I got cancer from, I’ve been awake too long. Sorry You got too much will to live.

If it were me I’d probably use the cancer as an excuse to use more opiates

Well done x

The last time issues in my breast were found I went off the rails and drank myself into oblivion and binged with whatever drugs I could get. That was my early twenties. I now have a home, have a dependent partner and my dogs, who are my heart and soul.

I'm definitely driven. My latest personality test came out as 'Commander' and it was no surprise to upper management.
But I'm a deputy manager and I'm passionate about improvement in my sector.
However in this state my back garden looks like my dogs have free for all crapped in every spot. The dishes are piled and the floors are covered in hair. I've definitely surrendered to this, I can't manage housework atm and that's okay.
I did a very quick taper. I couldn't trust myself to do it slowly, knowing if I took more I'd find relief from pain. You know how it is.

I don't know what will happen tomorrow but I could have easily used Opiates to numb myself. It's just so unfair on people who love me though. Because the longer I go without them, the more loved I know I am. Totally sniffling because withdrawal makes you a big baby. But waking up on day 5 after an actual night of sleep (huzzah) I have more energy than I've have since Sunday. It's sunny and I'm hoping to manage a walk to help with the intense stiffness in my mid back.

Thanks for the love x

If you are on day 4 you are days away from feeling better. The benefit of no addiction much outweighs the pain you're feeling now. Have you tried muscle relaxers or lyrica for nerve pain and spasms? I know you don't want another addiction but it do sound like you need some relief from pain sometimes. Cannabis edibles and cbd oil have worked for some.
When I got clean I went back to school and now working and I find taking on more work like therapy, just keeping my mind busy helps as a distraction.
You have a great attitude and you have someone to support you so i believe you will be just fine

Day 4! You are strong!! You have already made it farther than so many others - try to remember how strong you are so you don’t ever have to start over your withdrawal ... it’s truely the hardest thing you might ever do ! Positive thoughts & energy from me heading your way ! 💕🌙

It's Day 6 now

I had 3 days of Diazepam. I used the last one this morning for my breast scan. I'm all good btw, no cancer.
I felt not too bad on day 5 but today is murder. My mid back is still killing and I have spasms in my thighs.
I managed to get through the stomach issues and sweat issues.
My modd is so so low. I've using 5-htp and l-tyrosine for serotonin and dopamine support but I'm really really down.

I use Gabapentin to control nerve pain. Otherwise there are lightning strikes of nerve pain. I'll taper off it someday through my doctor (Legit prescription, she'll be great)
But right now even with higher doses, weed at night and white kratom during the day for energy I am STRUGGLING today.
It's more the pain. This is some of my unfiltered chronic pain - likely intensified by the stress of spending hours in a breast cancer clinic this mornig but damn... I can't get it to quiet down at all.
My older sister is proud of me, but worried about my not treating my chronic pain at all. Codeine has always been the only thing that has made a difference.

She told me she'd give cocodamol to my partner and he could give them to me.
I don't want to but I'm in so much pain.
Will a single pill today start this all over?
I don't want it but I do for pain because I KNOW, it will help.
I'm so tired and sore and I don't want to fail but I don't know what to do.

It's Day 6 now

I had 3 days of Diazepam. I used the last one this morning for my breast scan. I'm all good btw, no cancer.
I felt not too bad on day 5 but today is murder. My mid back is still killing and I have spasms in my thighs.
I managed to get through the stomach issues and sweat issues.
My modd is so so low. I've using 5-htp and l-tyrosine for serotonin and dopamine support but I'm really really down.

I use Gabapentin to control nerve pain. Otherwise there are lightning strikes of nerve pain. I'll taper off it someday through my doctor (Legit prescription, she'll be great)
But right now even with higher doses, weed at night and white kratom during the day for energy I am STRUGGLING today.
It's more the pain. This is some of my unfiltered chronic pain - likely intensified by the stress of spending hours in a breast cancer clinic this mornig but damn... I can't get it to quiet down at all.
My older sister is proud of me, but worried about my not treating my chronic pain at all. Codeine has always been the only thing that has made a difference.

She told me she'd give cocodamol to my partner and he could give them to me.
I don't want to but I'm in so much pain.
Will a single pill today start this all over?
I don't want it but I do for pain because I KNOW, it will help.
I'm so tired and sore and I don't want to fail but I don't know what to do.

You really should be discussing this in Health and Recovery. New Member's Introduction is the place to introduce yourself, not discuss drugs or recovery. This way your thread will not only get the attention it deserves but also may help others who may be in the same situation.

Some of us who have chronic pain are over in this thread discussing our options.
It is a tough situation to be in!
Don't torture yourself.

❤️

Hey, I just private messaged u.
How r u now?
I know your pain. Do u have any propranolol or gabapentin? Have u tried epidural s?

Why should you be angry, Painful One? If you had read the rules for this sub forum, you would have already known that to discuss drugs, etc. in depth in this sub forum was not encouraged. Bluelight highly encourages discussing it in the proper sub forum to maximize exposure to all members and get everyone the best advice possible. Many knowledgeable members do not monitor this sub forum on a regular basis.

Last edited: