Site Feedback Hi BL : LOUNGE mods et al

✿Dai₷y✿

Bluelighter
Greetings.

Admittedly I had a boy look only for the guidelines of the lounge and can't find it so can't quote a bit in it that could use a gander , the bit about the FACEY PASTEY so if you mob can see it then great.

Just an idea which could be fun and goodly, fastey pastey is a long time legend and many of the originals are so funny .

Old mates that created them and the crowd still talk about the threads, there were no real brutal rules as stated currently .

I obv dunno what exactly led to the demise of this phenomenon but educated guess= usual story of some not being done to be fun and some not being happy about their image being in it.

This can easily be sorted and might not need the stringent as stated.

I suggest bringing it back to life, update and relax the tone of the guideline specific to the images and allow basic common sense and fair play roll.

It's worth it, so much fun!

Suggest for the loungevmods some thoughts that will prevent jackasses ruining it and also too sensitive no fun people also ruining it.

How about people who post their pics only being able to participate for starters as it's generally no pic posters who are also wankers who can't do a fun one anyway.

OR ppl who are not keen on posting their face can get creative and just scribble out their eyes and draw a moustache.

Also if anyone who chooses to use pic threads who don't want to be shooped just let mods know or put their name in a list so they get their wish?

It's a great way for people to connect, have a lol and what could be better than that?

Bluelighters have posted their pics fairly freely here all over the place and it's all good, up to the mods to have a look at the guideline though.

The way it's worded is pretty off putting and makes it a bit hard to have spontaneous fun.

If you would like to see some examples then I can dig them up ?

Or I'll forget as the xannies are kicking in.

The Lounge Guidelines can be found here:

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-lounge-guidelines-faq.804930/

There's a link there in the graphic on the header of the main Lounge page FTR.

As far people posting their faces, it's up to them. Feel free to make a thread and see if there's any interest. Make it clear what the thread is about and what's going to be going on. They will basically be consenting to it if they choose to post. There is a line though, one you should be familiar with.

Anyone posting a face pic in this thread would not be giving consent to use it elsewhere. And those who may have posted pictures in other areas of BL would have to volunteer it again to be used in this manner.

We are chill in The Lounge Pluggle.

Just don't dox anyone or post others picks and you will be sweet

I think you'll find everything quite chill around here these days. We've workeed hard to make it so. Obviously debate can get heated in CEPS and some other forums but that is natural. TL is just fun. I love where we're at there right now. :)

The Lounge Guidelines can be found here:

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-lounge-guidelines-faq.804930/

There's a link there in the graphic on the header of the main Lounge page FTR.

As far people posting their faces, it's up to them. Feel free to make a thread and see if there's any interest. Make it clear what the thread is about and what's going to be going on. They will basically be consenting to it if they choose to post. There is a line though, one you should be familiar with.

Anyone posting a face pic in this thread would not be giving consent to use it elsewhere. And those who may have posted pictures in other areas of BL would have to volunteer it again to be used in this manner.

Hey I forgot about this, yep I vaguely recall various eras and things that worked until some bullshit that fucked shit up .

I hope you do not "dox" anybody either ???

While it's great y'all are lazzeiz faire and all, teh rules re fastey pastey are not.

There were no specific rules iirc, just common sense and stuff so hope this is still the case.

It's an assumption that if ya put your photo up as people should, it stays here on this website and those who don't thats great but can take liberty with others photos, fuck it up and generally suck at times. Just a few not all.

Thoughts?

I get that "consent" is a thing and shooping pics is fun, should shoop people you know will have an equally as gregarious sense of humour. And if someone has a sad at any effort to include them then that's when mods come to the rescue and decide if they are being a cry baby or if people are being mean.?

Last edited:
Have you noticed that the dimwit few who ruin things with photos almost always never post their own photo? Posting pics of your daily life is the easiest way to let others get to know you, get to know people.

No one asked anyone to use a pic already in the lounge , a long time ago. It takes spontaneousness out of it.

Those were fun threads. I love reminiscing about the good ol days.

As Mal stated already, feel free to make a new thread if it really scratches that nostalgic itch you got going.

If you're wondering why no one else has done it yet, it might be because they aren't living in the past.

While it's great y'all are lazzeiz faire and all, teh rules re fastey pastey are not.

There were no specific rules iirc, just common sense and stuff so hope this is still the case.

It's an assumption that if ya put your photo up as people should, it stays here on this website and those who don't thats great but can take liberty with others photos, fuck it up and generally suck at times. Just a few not all.

Thoughts?

I'll defer to the forum mods, but my take is anyone putting their face out there should own the risk knowing there are lurkers and such that may take it and misuse it. Perhaps with a disclaimer-warning in the OP to remind people it is 'post at their own risk'? The only other issue I have with it is people participating with a face pic that isn't of themselves - is that allowed (minor concern) and who's pic are they using (major concern, at least for me).

Personally, I'd really, really like some photoshopping fun type threads. I'd just stay away from personal stuff like someone's face. Case in point, there is a college sports board with a section dedicated to such cut'n'paste funnery. They refer to such a pick as a 'fark' and while collegiate sports is the site's lifeblood, these pics extend into political subjects and have their own running jokes. Google anything by LSUFreek and see some of the best ever made (he retired, but other legends rise to take his place).

Those were fun threads. I love reminiscing about the good ol days.

As Mal stated already, feel free to make a new thread if it really scratches that nostalgic itch you got going.

If you're wondering why no one else has done it yet, it might be because they aren't living in the past.
Maybe that is the case or maybe some people were generous enough with their time and energy to ask for input and ideas from everyone.

In this instance, I spent time wondering what things have worked, would continue to work and what is it that prevents said idea just happening as naturally as it once did.

I do not really appreciate attempts in response to be dismissive of responding with an idea or thought that was asked for in good faith.

So with respect, please don't dismiss this as you just did, it's being spoken down to by somebody like yourself that makes me think why am I bothering? I cant talk down to you in return because you are staff. I dont want to anyway as you seem cool and maybe are just having a bad day.

If you are of a mind to have fun, maybe others are too and do not deserve to be snuffed out, if you did not mean to do that then that is how you have come across.

I think you'll find everything quite chill around here these days. We've workeed hard to make it so. Obviously debate can get heated in CEPS and some other forums but that is natural. TL is just fun. I love where we're at there right now. :)

There's too much incoherent rubbish shitpost dragging what are potential rip snorter threads off course to get into for me despite guidelines and that say this is not a thing there, not sure if you get annoyed by that but you dont seem to mind these days. I survived the Guido era, rico , the pre and post close shitfest and shitposter times so i happy to call it a day lounge wise lol.

Prol continue reading posts and threads elsewhere here and see if old mates check in the lounge instead of getting annoyed by that , it is what it is though .

<3

You just sound like a weirdo trying to get everyone's pictures. Even send them to you to photoshop lol
That's a hard NO, the lounge is fine and noone cares what each other looks like