• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Heyas

Flippityflop

Greenlighter
Hi, all. I've been relying on this site for what feels like 15 years, but my sense of time is admittedly unreliable. I'm hoping to find some advice here on my pain management while participating in the discussion instead of lurking.

I'm living with sciatica, 4 herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, and good old fashioned arthritis. All before I turn 40. I also have a pretty strong knowledge of psychiatric meds.

So thanks for all your help over the years, and hoping I can help some.

Welcome to Bluelight @Flippityflop!

Always excited to convert a lurker. Do you have any hobbies?

Feel free to ask any questions in the Basic Drug Discussion (which i'm sure you can find). I hope you get the help you're looking for, and thanks in advanced for any help you can give for others.

See you around :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. hobbies, I guess, are video games, reading, and self-imposed isolation. After some recent trauma, I developed a late-in-life stutter; because of that, I stick to writing as much as I can.

No way. I have the same hobbies basically.

Big on video games (or used to be - only play Hearthstone now), big on reading (or used to be - pick up Stephen King every once in a while), and isolate like a mother.

Do you also like going for walks? If you do, then we're twins. Though i suppose it's hard to walk without pain.

Yeah, I'm on a cane. Walking 50 paces will put me down for the day. I used to love it. Big on being active. Then 3 years ago I had a great fall. Between being sedentary and the inherent muscle atrophy, I've gained over 200 pounds since I got hurt. This was right around when opiates started coming under heavy scrutiny, so after a few brick-wall dr visits I got myself on suboxone. now my new pain mgt doctor will not prescribe any opiates. My goal is to mitigate the pain enough to start physical therapy. I have a meeting with their medical director tomorrow morning to plead my case, but if I get a bad result I'm afraid of self medicating and self harm. I just got out of a psychiatric hospital 3 month ago after driving my car into oncoming traffic and, when that failed, drinking antifreeze. I'm right on the bleeding edge of taking another whack if they refuse to help me (beyond the gaba, various muscle relaxers, and promethazine they've been giving me for almost a years.

You can really tell I don't socialize by how I leap on a polite stranger like a drowning rat.

Never worry about venting. Especially in The Dark Side and Mental Health, which I encourage you to use. Tomorrow could be a shit storm. It could also be the best day of your life.

<3

Yeah, I'm on a cane. Walking 50 paces will put me down for the day. I used to love it. Big on being active. Then 3 years ago I had a great fall. Between being sedentary and the inherent muscle atrophy, I've gained over 200 pounds since I got hurt. This was right around when opiates started coming under heavy scrutiny, so after a few brick-wall dr visits I got myself on suboxone. now my new pain mgt doctor will not prescribe any opiates. My goal is to mitigate the pain enough to start physical therapy. I have a meeting with their medical director tomorrow morning to plead my case, but if I get a bad result I'm afraid of self medicating and self harm. I just got out of a psychiatric hospital 3 month ago after driving my car into oncoming traffic and, when that failed, drinking antifreeze. I'm right on the bleeding edge of taking another whack if they refuse to help me (beyond the gaba, various muscle relaxers, and promethazine they've been giving me for almost a years.

You can really tell I don't socialize by how I leap on a polite stranger like a drowning rat.
Hi and welcome! So i'm just reading this now and thursday has come and gone. How did that meeting go for you?

Hi and welcome! So i'm just reading this now and thursday has come and gone. How did that meeting go for you?

Sorry about the delay. It didn't go great and I've been wallowing in some pretty self-destructive behavior since. They are not willing to deviate from my current treatment and recommended that I seek help elsewhere. I just went to my GP yesterday to get a new referral, so the hunt is on for a new doctor. The problem is, self-care is extremely difficult when your quality of life hovers around 0.

edit: is your name a reference to liz phair or just a happy coincidence?