• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroine over dose question please help

Christi77

Greenlighter
This is my first time posting so I hope I'm in right place. Does anyone know the legal side of my situation I was with someone who found my h and kept on and on until I gave her a very small line. Within 15 minutes or so she had stopped breathing and had no pulse. I called 911 and they told me how to do CPR So that is what I did until help came when one single man came up with a bag over his shoulder I thought what the hell is he going to do by this time I had her taking short breaths and making weird sounds. He had 1 bottle of Narcan and gave it to her keep in mind the ambulance was still 15 minutes away he asked me what she had done by the way the police also come to help I told them that she told me that she was going to snort a line of heroine for the first time I said it looked really small but I don't know where she got it from so when the ambulance got there she was coming around and they took her to the hospital. Now here is the kicker the lady I am talking about is my mother but I would like to mention our relationship is more like I am one of her friends and she could take me or leave me. There is a huge history of some really messed up things she has done to me. The whole point of me even being with her is because she wanted a g of ice so I took her some. So my nephew who is a very good young man is really close with her she is totally different with him than me. He doesn't want her doing anything he thinks is wrong. He sent me a message and said did you bring Nanna some drugs and talk her into trying because you told her if she done a line of drugs it would make her want to clean her house. Omg what the hell. I wanted to say baby the shit she bought from me would have made her ass get up and clean her house but I didn't want to tell her business that she smoked ice I said I don't care what she told you I haven't done any "drugs " with your Nanna and I don't know where she got her shit from but you need to talk to her not me. I said but before I go here is my opinion if she is not running the streets or stealing or hurting anyone I think since she is a grown up it's her business if she wants to do something here and there. And I told him to tell her to quit saying I forced something on her and hope they can work things out. I said tell her I am glad I was there to save her life but I don't want to be around her. Here is my concern if she told police I gave it to her what will happen to me. Please help someone

Seems unlikely they could be bothered prosecuting over that even if she did.

Just don't say anything to the cops without a lawyer if they come asking.

You need not say anything at all. If you're in the United States your silence can't be used to infer anything.

Say nothing, call a lawyer.

Though I still think nothing will happen. Someone saying you gave them drugs in itself isn't much to go on.

Had your mother died and they were able to prove she got it from you, you would be up for a for manslaughter charge at the very least. How it stands I doubt anyone will come looking and as Jess has said if they do, say nothing and lawyer up.

I’m sure you realise that it’s a pretty awful idea to give someone your heroin, especially if that person were opioid naïve. What a frightening experience for you.

I think mixing relationships like the mother/daughter dynamic (even if strained) with drugs is also an awful idea so I’d advise you for an easy life to probably knock that on the head.

I hope all works out ok with things.

Wow. Mate, honestly I think you will be okay, what JessFR said, say nothing at all.

Keep us posted.

Stop talking about having given anyone anything right now. In the United States, many jurisdictions feature what are called "Good Samaritan" laws, which essentially mean you will never get in trouble for reporting an overdose. If there are drugs present, if you have drugs, whatever, you are pretty much absolved of any wrongdoing. However, I'm really not sure how these laws would apply to having actually furnished the substance to the individual and admitting this fact.

As the great Rober Evans once said "There's my version, your version and the Truth". Make your version of the Truth exclude you having given anyone drugs. I honestly think you're fine, but it sounds like you've already talked. I really don't know about this one.

Strictly speaking, good Samaritan laws can mean different things. You should double check exactly what's covered in your state if you wanna be clear in them.

In their purest form, good Samaritan laws are designed to protect you from any civil liability from injuries you might make to someone else in the course of a good faith attempt to help them.

So say someone has just been in a car accident, and you try and pull them away from the car in the incorrect belief provided by many a Hollywood movie that cars are powered by gunpowder rather than gasoline, and in moving them you injure them more than they might have been otherwise.

At its most basic, a good Samaritan law means that guy can't then sue you for trying to help them, the law recognizes that a reasonable person, basically your average everyone, might make a mistake in an honest effort trying to help someone and that we shouldn't live in a society where people don't wanna get involved in rescuing people out of fear that they may be sued if they make a mistake.

Some good Samaritan laws have been further expanded to cover protecting you from any liabilities rising from you calling 911 to save someone having an overdose you may have been doing drugs with. Most of the country have these expanded good Samaritan laws but I don't believe all do.

If you wanna know exactly what situations you're covered from, you can generally Google the good Samaritan laws from your state legislation and see what situations they cover.

As @Keif' Richards points out if you give someone drugs and then they overdose, as opposed to just also having used drugs with them and having them on you when they overdose, that may or may not be covered. Always good to know exactly what the legal situation is where you live.

In this situation though, I can't see them doing anything even if they theoretically could. Even when they suspect the law has been broken its often not worth investigating and prosecuting and that's what this sounds like.

Last edited:
I'll say what I originally meant to say. I don't like to mince words. This has every potential to be tried as something as serious as manslaughter as has been done time and again. It's going to depend mainly on the disposition of your District Attorney and the wokeness of the pigs who actually made the original report. It's not a laughing matter. I would consult with an attorney. They will probably give you some advice at no cost regarding the covervatism/liberalism of your jurisdiction. Any defense attorney will be able to give you a good idea of what you're up against.

Also not to mince words, do not attempt to change your story at this point. If the attorney says you are in trouble, he will be able to craft some kind of litigious bullshit that a judge or jury might find a little more acceptable. It's what they do. I should have been a lawyer. Fuck education man. Such a drag. Speaking of which, Keif's going back to work. Everybody, do background checks on your kids' teachers, just saying.

without solid evidence wouldn't this be a he says/she says aka hearsay type of situation? if she only did one line, you didn't leave anything with her and got rid of that pack afterwards, it will be your word vs her word. if she really snitches on you, just lawyer up and he'll deal with it more easily than you think. if you say you are not really on good terms, just stop providing shit for her in case she does tell on you and they want to set you up ( only a real set up would gather some real evidence in this case). you are lucky that she didn't die (considering the rate of OD's in the US, one where someone survives I think goes even more unnoticed than the cases where a lot of people die) so in the future learn from this thing and let people buy their own H and consume their own H so you are covered.

P.S: I'm not a lawyer so this is not real legal advice, just my view on the situation.

without solid evidence wouldn't this be a he says/she says aka hearsay type of situation? if she only did one line, you didn't leave anything with her and got rid of that pack afterwards, it will be your word vs her word. if she really snitches on you, just lawyer up and he'll deal with it more easily than you think. if you say you are not really on good terms, just stop providing shit for her in case she does tell on you and they want to set you up ( only a real set up would gather some real evidence in this case). you are lucky that she didn't die (considering the rate of OD's in the US, one where someone survives I think goes even more unnoticed than the cases where a lot of people die) so in the future learn from this thing and let people buy their own H and consume their own H so you are covered.

P.S: I'm not a lawyer so this is not real legal advice, just my view on the situation.

Well it's not hearsay, in the legal sense I mean. It's an eye witness.
But they're never gonna prosecute a drug deal or the like using a single unreliable eye witness, it probably(almost definitely) wouldn't even get to trial, even if they actually tried to prosecute it.

Last edited:
oh yes, you are right about the eye witness thing, but her reliability can be downplayed easily, considering how much law enforcement judges people who do drugs, telling them that she was using both ice and H and if she had already used something before she met you, you can say that her word is not reliable due to her being inebriated already. it's a tough situation considering that the other part is the OP's mother so idk how OP would feel about a lawyer shaming her in front of the court. I would really keep quiet about this, like I wouldn't tell anyone even if the was my most reliable friend and I would stop posting on online places like this about it. I can't see how a mother would snitch on her child but if she already abused OP in the past as she mentioned, it's ok to play it safe.

I can't see it ever getting to court anyway. This is all academic.

Probably best not to talk about it online or elsewhere anywhere this soon after it happened, just as a good habit to get into, but yeah.

Even if they wanted to prosecute it, a single eye witness like this, I don't see that even getting to trial in my capacity as internet pretend lawyer :p.

Again, if you're talked to by the cops, just say you don't feel comfortable making any statements or answering questions without a legal advocate (lawyer).

I don't see anything coming from this though. Not every conceivable crime is worth prosecuting, resources are very limited, and in this case nobody even died. Let alone died and with a solid case against someone.

Haha, oh my god Jess. You are an astute reader. You're right that you can't be charged with manslaughter if nobody has died. I'm a poor excuse for a paralegal. Unsatisfactory Lawyer-ing is a Felony I believe, with the punishment being life imprisonment and daiily flagellation. The prisoners flaggelate others in this prison. This is to ensure that the prisoners remain uncohesive. I'd be the leader of a metrosexual prison gang called "The Boss Body Boys".

Anyway, I guess my first post was a little bit too optimistic and my second was decidedly pessimistic. I just mean to say that these are potentially life-altering situations. People have been charged with serious crimes in the past for similar situations. I think the combination of Good Samaritan laws of some kind being effective in almost all jurisdictions, combined with the emerging notion that addicts shouldn't be persecuted, means that you're probably fine OP. I wouldn't worry too much, but I would still call a lawyer. If not for any other reason, call just to put your mind at ease. Don't spend too much time wondering, dwelling on things you can't know or can't change. Calling the lawyer is a good way to actually get some useful answers as opposed to anxious speculation.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be anxious too. It's a dramatic, traumatic thing, what you've been through. We will definitely help and support you as much as we can. Just like how we are ultimately not doctors and can't technically give you medical advice, we're not really qualified to discuss the law. I think some of us are probably knowledgeable, but like JessFR has said, it's going to be heavily bsed upon the jurisdiction in which this all happened.

Im UK based so can only comment on how it is over here.
If its just a case if he says she says as long as you say NOTHING they cant convict. they are relying on you to incriminate yourself.

In the Uk there is a sort of unwritten rule in circumstances like this and that the police are meant to stay away ( unless there is a risk of harm to the first responders or the address is red flagged etc ). This is so people are more likely to call for help when someone is going over, there was a spate of fatal OD's that could have been prevented had people not been worried about the police showing up.