• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Withdrawls: Worse after big, one day binge, or doing it a few days in a row?

nicksndimes

Bluelighter
So yeah, are withdrawls worse if you were to do a bunch of dope in one day, or if you spread it out across 2 or 3 days? Ive been doing this shit for a while, but this is the first time ive held a job throughout the week and lived far from the dope spot. I have to drive 2 and a half hours to Detroit to get my shit and I'd like to hear you guys opinions about it. I want to continue my little pasttime , but im trying to figure out what makes me feel more like shit

If you had a physical habit, you wouldn't even be posting here - you would be half-way to the dope spot.

And yeah, using dfor multiple days is going to get you a habit faster than having a weekly "blowout" - but neither is exactly THE KEY to a successful career..

Either will *eventually* lead to you being a full-time smack head.

If you had a physical habit, you wouldn't even be posting here - you would be half-way to the dope spot.

And yeah, using dfor multiple days is going to get you a habit faster than having a weekly "blowout" - but neither is exactly THE KEY to a successful career..

Either will *eventually* lead to you being a full-time smack head.
well you see i was hooked for 3 years and went through a shitty detox, now i just chip on the weekends but every time i do dope it seems like i always get the same shitty three day withdrawls i used to get when i didnt use for a day. im trying to continue to chip and find a formula to feel better than i have, and i know i dont have a physical addiction right now, im trying to keep it that way

i think youre gonna have to settle for one day of moderate usage instead of a big one day binge

well, ive only been doing 2 or 3 dimes of blow on my "psycho holiday", plus puffing on a blunt, and occasionally getting a dime rock to go with it, and I still seem to feel like shit for a couple days afterward, this didnt happen back before I did the shit everyday for 2 years. If I waited a couple weeks, would my body chemistry kinda return to where it was, or am I doomed to have 2 shitty days for everytime I even do blow now? somebody that knows help me please....

Ive read a bunch of times about people who were addicted in the past physically going back to recreational usage and getting w/d symptoms even using just once...

Same thing here. It doesn't go away totally even after years. If one has been addicted once, one will feel some kind of withdrawal after even a short binge (2-3 days) and then more of urge to take more than a person never addicted (who will feel probably just depressed for a few days and won't really binge for 2-3 days in the first place...).

I find when I go on one day binges, I dont get withdrawl, just horrible hangovers.

I don't know about that. I've never experienced such a thing like "one-day binge". I had one longer break (that is one month and a half), then I shot up once and I went all the way after.

I find when I go on one day binges, I dont get withdrawl, just horrible hangovers.

This (in my experience, at least), is totally true. I use dope between one and four times each week, 2-4 bags each one of those days. More often than not, it's 3 bags on two days out of each week. However, I've used about a bundle over 24 hours (having used only once/week for months before that) and never, ever experienced actual opiate withdrawal as we all know and loathe it. However, as Znegative pointed out, I've definitely experienced a hangover, of sorts, the day after using that much dope during periods when I am using infrequently. It's sort of comparable to a benzodiazepine or Ambien hangover (though not as 'dirty' as that of Ambien, certainly).

IME, it's not something so debilitating that I'd worry over it. When I cop, my worry about next-day mental cloudiness is far and wide surpassed by my eagerness to indulge myself, and I never regret the time I had the following day.

~ vaya

Ya I'd definitely say you'll be in better shape from a one day all out binge then a few days of moderate usage. You should feel a little shitty for a day or two max IME.

I sometimes drink more of methadone syrup and pop more klonazepam along it (although I'm getting off 'done... whatever). The next day I may have some headache and feel like shit with my back aching and things but that's because I simply end up nodding out on an armchair and sleep there the whole night. Can't say for morphine/heroin/hydromorphone/oxymorphone/anything 4,5-epoxymorphinan/morphinan. I remember my first shot. And did I do some major breaks? Hmmm, I don't think so. Once, only once, 1 month and a half, something like that but when I started one day and it wasn't "one high" and stop. But concerning taking sometimes more methadone than needed, it's alright because I've got stuff at least for the following week (actually I always keep reserve for like 10 days, I guess this is because I know how methadone withdrawal is shitty so I always stock up). I hate withdrawals, those after being on morphine/heroin/hydromorphone/whatever short-lasting are crazy, I got paranoid once. From then I always had something to kill my pain. And if I run out of methadone now (shit happens), I still have some bupe for like 3 days maybe, that's enough to find something... Anyway I don't want to go back on morphine or heroin. I remember those times, concerning my addiction, they were shitty, at some point I just felt like I was nothing. I shot up so many times a day I had to do it at school at least once.

I don't know how much you get for 10$ in Detroit. (Guess one hit which would be 0.25g / 0.009oz for you if you've got some tolerance or just 0.1g / 0.0036oz... Actually, you really measure bags like that? I mean "a dime bag"? How do you know how much should be there?).

There was a saying here which rhymed "who doesn't make breaks loses quickly nerves". I don't agree, doing like 3-day binges then making a break for 3 days and again binging for 3 days... - this means withdrawals in no time. I didn't have (....) to live in one apartment with like 10 junkies (this probably also happens in the U.S., the name in my language comes from English "squad", but if you don't know what I mean, see a bunch of junkies living in one apartment in "Trainspotting"). I got to know many heroin junkies when I did morphine and many more when I had to do heroin because there was no morphine around, including wholesalers. 'Twas a nice time when I think of all those parties and other things, I guess shooting up was for a long time in some shadow for me, years passed before I realized it's a dead end I can't go any further.

I personaly think you get a worse withdrawl binging for a day han you do spreading it out over a few days,anyway if you've got a proper habbit those days of withdrawl are few.

If you can make it once every 2 weeks. Definately 1 day is gonna be better than 2 -3 days. You're far more likely to get hooked again doing it 2 - 3 days in a row.

It seems like its your addictive subconscious trying to convince you that 2 - 3 days in a row is fine!

If you seriously wanna accomplish being able to chip like this, realistically you gotta never do it more than one day at a time.

Before my habit got really bad, I would kick it quite a few times, every time I started again it was from doing it 2 - 3 days in a row. 1 was ok. 2 was pushing it, but 3 days was normally what would lead me back into addiction.

Think about how fucked up your life was when you were addicted for 2 years! Do youself a favour and stick to one day at a time max! Think of it as your weekly or 2 weekly reward!

doing it a few days in a row is the way you get a habit.

I got a question for you other users out there. I found that if I only got high once a day, and did that every day for a week or two, I still wouldn't get a habit. the times I've become addicted are when I go on huge binges where I'm shooting 3-4 times a day. I spent a week shooting oxymorphone, 4x a day, and I got really bad withdrawal from that. it's my second day on suboxone, and I still don't feel that good. Is this how most people get hooked? or can some people get dope sick after a week of just getting high once a night/day?

Same thing here. It doesn't go away totally even after years. If one has been addicted once, one will feel some kind of withdrawal after even a short binge (2-3 days) and then more of urge to take more than a person never addicted (who will feel probably just depressed for a few days and won't really binge for 2-3 days in the first place...).

this isn't true for every person at all, though it may be for you.

during times i wasn't dependent on opiates and used for a couple of days i never suffered any withdrawals symptoms. more prolonged, constant use built that dependency and the following withdrawals when i decided to abstain.

or can some people get dope sick after a week of just getting high once a night/day?

you can definitely, but they're more likely going to be rebound effects with minor symptoms of withdrawals, ie - flu symptoms such as aches and pains, sniffles, teary eyes, nausea, diarrhea. this is dose dependent though, too. the larger the dosing and higher frequency of use is going to result in much worse withdrawals.

yeah, i'd have to say that if you binge one day every few weeks wouldn't be as bad as using several days in a row then stopping...it's kind of hard for me to say for sure though because i went a full year before ever missing a day.:\

so heres an update on my condition:

I was lucky enough to pick up 12 suboxones from a friend of mine for a steal of a price and the day after I go get high (Which lately has been about 3 packs and 2 or 3 dimes of rock), I'll pop a tiny piece when I start getting twitchy. Thats my main issue, the RLS, not so much the body cramps. I've been able to tell myself that I don't NEED the subs, which is the first step away from addictive thinking, so I'm proud of myself. But the main point is that I am craving the dope less, I'm using it less, and when I do, I pretty much have a clean system, so I get higher and I get less withdrawls. Things are looking up I guess, its just gonna suck when I run out of subs, cause I have no idea where I could get more

I'm not sure of its physiological but I didn't start noticing getting dope sick until I actually got withdrawal after a week of consistent use.