• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin withdrawals not quite as expected

painkillerskillers

Greenlighter
My friend and i have been detoxing from intravenous use of heroin for officially 72 hours now. He has be puking his guts out for about the last 36 hours, and I have had nothing but being achy and uncomfortable. I pretty much slept for two days straight (with the help of seroquel and valiums and a little suboxone--he took much more than I did, I only took a crumble yesterday, he took almost a whole one with no precipitated withdrawals for either of us). Is this normal? For me to barely feel any symptoms? Or is the worse yet to come? Everywhere I read said the worst is over after 72 hours, and I need to go back to work on Monday so I'm afraid that I'm going to go into severe withdrawals later this weekend. We both had been taking the same amount of heroin the past couple days (only mainlining the past 2 months) before that i was doing oxycontin and occasionally heroin (snorting) for about a year, I feel like I've had worse withdrawals from that previously!

depends on the suboxone. If you hadnt taken the subs you would have been better by monday now its anybodys guess what will happen.

the amount of suboxone i took was almost laughable. i'd say the chunk was about the size of the corner of one of those orange tablets, dissolved in seconds. probably 1/100 of a pill, but why am i less sick this time than any other time i've not been able to get my fix when i wanted it?

has anyone else had this experience i guess? not getting super sick coming off dope? I read somewhere that coming off snorting oc and heroin can be worse because you are doing far greater amounts than when injecting.....anyone else heard of this or experienced anything similar?

Suboxone is extremely powerful opiate it is active in micrograms. On the other hand maybe you got lucky and you werent as physically addicted as you thought. A 2 month run is really not that bad especially if you are sleeping. valium and seroquel can tend to make withdrawls pretty managable.

thanks...guess my friend had a much longer run than i had....probly why he's so much sicker. he's also come off dope multiple times before so maybe that has something to do with it.
thanks crimsonjunk....hopefully i got lucky ! although i still feel like my legs need to be beaten with a bat, can't stop shaking, am super achy and can't eat, but hey. i can handle this! thank god for that valium...
also another weird question....it seems that diarrhea is a general symptom of withdrawal, and I'm still normal opiate constipated, does that mean the opiates are still in my system somehow after 3 days?

also, not everyone will have the same wd even with the same habit, its in your body chemistry

i think it helped to be mentally prepared for the worst. that way the symptoms i do have don't seem so bad since i was expecting to not be able to get out of bed and be vomiting constantly like he is. only wish i could get more seroquel to pass out for another day.....just took vitamins and immodium too....guess i cant complain though

yea man, just get through it and control the dope, rather than the other way around

thats the goal....both of us feelin a lot better today, thanks for the info from the both of you
i'm just still blown away that i had worse withdrawal from snorting oc than mainlining h...strange...

i had enough of a tolerance that i couldn't get high without at least a gram of good shit...it was ridiculous, depleted my money and then some....we're on day 5 now, he's feeling great, i still don't want to get out of bed...might just be the depression, at least i have a job i have to go to tomorrow and don't have to worry about puking my guts out anymore...just don't know how i'm going to NOT want to get some in a week and a half when i get paid....you know, just get high once? is this possible or am i just going to throw myself back to where i was?

if you already took the sub and ddi not get PW as long as you havnt dosed any more opiates you will not get pw from taking additional sub

that little crumb you took probably di dmake you feel better beleive it or not...shit is VERY powerful.

and yeah the length of your run effects shit soo much...when i hav eshort runs the switch is easy when i have long runs i dont even feel better if i wait 24 hours to do the switch from heroin

has anyone else had this experience i guess? not getting super sick coming off dope? I read somewhere that coming off snorting oc and heroin can be worse because you are doing far greater amounts than when injecting.....anyone else heard of this or experienced anything similar?

I am in a bit of a different situation. I use heroin via the insufflation ROA. I used for 7 months, up to a gram a day. Then when coming off, I had 5 days(including one in jail) and felt nothing besides aches in my legs. I did not use any sort of medication, prescription or OTC, for those five days. No pot. No booze. Just cigarettes and one tab of VERY potent LSD on night two as I heard that is the worst night/next day. I had some trouble sleeping, but I can attribute that to the LSD use. Then, on night 5, my brother brought me some H, a half g. And it was almost as if it were my first time again, other than it was as shockingly beautiful. I then used for one week and then moved. Again, no WD symptoms besides RLS(restless leg syndrome). And I had nothing but booze and cigarettes drug wise in the "WD"period I was then clean for 2+ months before starting use again. Then I used for 3ish months before having to stop, yet again. Also, no WD symptoms, not even RLS. However I had a three day DXM binge in which I consumed some 5400mg of DXM.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant, but I am also curious as to why I got essencially no WD symptoms.

How long have you been using heroin?u seem like a new guy with the withdrawals u described..just pretend the withdrawals were terrible so you don't go back to using that shit..trust me, the withdrawals wil only get worse the longer you use..