• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Heroin withdrawal at home detox Day 1

Day 16:

Just a little update: moved into my new place today :) Everything is fantastic. Stayin clean and lovin it. My hope is that you all are well.

Day 26:

Just wanted to do an update for the sake of those that think there is no way out :) 26 days and still clean. Everything is back to normal :)

Awesome example of how will power and a "fake it till you make it attitude" can manifest success in any struggling opiate addict's life. OP, I commend you on your success. One piece of advice, during this very vulnerable time of early sobriety... Surround yourself with successful people. Non-addicts or addicts with long term sobriety. Change your circle of friends drastically and swiftly before your new, clean state of mind is cornered into either you getting high, or you instantly dropping friends on the spot. Believe me, the latter rarely happens :)

I was in a halfway house and struggling a few months ago. Hated the fellow newly sober people in there with me so I would just hang out with old friends. One day I realized a lot and upped and left. Moved to a new city nearby, new phone number, new life, etc. Found a new job today finally!

Using becomes less desirable the more success you achieve in sobriety. The OP is a great day example of that.

Awesome example of how will power and a "fake it till you make it attitude" can manifest success in any struggling opiate addict's life. OP, I commend you on your success. One piece of advice, during this very vulnerable time of early sobriety... Surround yourself with successful people. Non-addicts or addicts with long term sobriety. Change your circle of friends drastically and swiftly before your new, clean state of mind is cornered into either you getting high, or you instantly dropping friends on the spot. Believe me, the latter rarely happens :)

I was in a halfway house and struggling a few months ago. Hated the fellow newly sober people in there with me so I would just hang out with old friends. One day I realized a lot and upped and left. Moved to a new city nearby, new phone number, new life, etc. Found a new job today finally!

Using becomes less desirable the more success you achieve in sobriety. The OP is a great day example of that.

Chase that is so awesome buddy!

First off let me say: I have no friends that use... I dropped all of them while I was using because of how selfish I was...H will do that. My family has no idea I was severely addicted to heroin for 2 years... I could never tell - it would have broken my mother's heart. A wise man once said "the toughest battles are fought in silence within your mind." I happen to see that as an extremely powerful statement. That is why I am here. I need SOMEONE to know. It is too much for me sometimes. I feel like if I don't share with anyone then it is almost like it might as well have not happened - almost like I imagined 2 years of addiction and it is all a figment of my mind.

Once I had racked up 4 drivin with no license charges I ended up having to turn myself in on court day for 1.5 years of jail [at the time I thought it was just gonna be a few months because 2/4 charges were still pending]. At any rate - I got out, moved to a new state, got my DREAM JOB and finally got my own apartment. Cliche: We are not so different, you and I :)

My theory is as such:

FUCK EVERYTHING you have been thought. If you can stay clean long enough to gain enough in your life to where you have "good stuff to live for" then you are done. What I have built to this point - my life, my temple, my body, professional relations, and a pending college degree - I cannot trade that for any amount of dope.

P.S. > I know for a fact that the strongest hit of H i have taken never even came close to making me feel as high as I feel now off of tar. People tend to run from problems, but when you face and resolve them - that releases such a great feeling. Now I handle shit on the fly. As soon as there is an issue, it just as quickly turns into a non issue. I am able to compartmentalize and prioritize my emotions and stresses in a way that I always imagined a "normal" person would. Going to the gym daily has certainly helped. I am getting my bodybuilder physique back.

I cannot say enough good things, but I wish you all of them my friend.

Wherever you are - FIGHT AND STAY HUNGRY!!!

Congratulations man! It is hard to do, sounds like you're kicking ass....I'm struggling myself so it's good to hear you are doing well:) proves it can be done.