• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin when ill

bomber

Bluelighter
How does Heroin affect my flue?
When Im high, definitely the symptoms of sickness are covered-I feel pretty healthy. But when the high leaves, I feel ill again. Morever, this is the sixth day straight Im am Ill. I've never been ill for that long but I don't realy think heroin enlarge the duration of an illness.
Generally, how does heroin affect the immune system?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4790459/
Although studies have demonstrated that opioids can have differential effects on the immune system and differential interaction within the immunocytes, the conclusions are variable. Not all opioid drugs share the same immune profile, some opioids seem to have no effects on immune function, whereas others tend to be immunosuppressive or immunostimulatory. This is probably due to a combination effect of opioid drugs’ direct effects on immunocytes, indirect effects in vivo that involved centrally mediated mechanisms and the systemic production and release of immunomodulatory mediators.

There are many examples showing that individual opioids can affect the immune system in different ways. Short term/ low dose administration of opioids seems to have a positive impact on the immune system. Comparatively, long term/ high dose administration has a negative impact. Without a doubt, it is apparent that the possibility to reach adequate and equivalent pain control choosing either proper opioid drugs or the suitable administration of opioid drugs could represent an important point to be considered in the future opioid therapy.

Heroin was originally marketed as a cough suppressant. So I would imagine it would help ease flu symptoms. But I don't think it would help your body fight the virus.

Yeah it helps alleviate the symptoms, but doesn't encourage or facilitate healing and actually making a healthy recovery.

You know... its weird, but now that I think about it.. I have never been much more than just dope sick when I still did, H.. and other pharm opioids too. I used to be around sick people, and I would never actually feel sick as long as I had H/opiates in me at all times! I have a fast metabolism, especially with IV opioids, like oxy and dilaudid.. really IV H and opana too, wasn't too long lasting very often for me... I would be dope sick within 1-3 hrs usually and just need to take more of them constantly and, thinking back it is kind of odd to me, how I just never seemed to pick up any viruses in my time doing opioids.. even with a partial agonist like subutex, which I take now instead.. I still don't get sick very often.. ever really.. I remember prior to opioids entering my life, I would seem to catch all kinds of viruses.. now I don't lol. I think some opiates/opioids definitely have a rather strong impact when you are sick, obviously some more than others, and also very different based on the ROA your using them.. and how much you are using.. But I mostly did oxy, dilly and H, except for the super rare Opanas ER and IR that only like one person I knew had, sometimes... rarely.. and when I was on opiates (and now on sub too), even if I did get sick, stopped me from feeling much of any symptoms from most viruses, if I had enough to keep me from going into WD of course.. idk its probably different with everybody.. but I know they can be helpful, in some cases, when sick..

You know... its weird, but now that I think about it.. I have never been much more than just dope sick when I still did, H.. and other pharm opioids too. I used to be around sick people, and I would never actually feel sick as long as I had H/opiates in me at all times! I have a fast metabolism, especially with IV opioids, like oxy and dilaudid.. really IV H and opana too, wasn't too long lasting very often for me... I would be dope sick within 1-3 hrs usually and just need to take more of them constantly and, thinking back it is kind of odd to me, how I just never seemed to pick up any viruses in my time doing opioids.. even with a partial agonist like subutex, which I take now instead.. I still don't get sick very often.. ever really.. I remember prior to opioids entering my life, I would seem to catch all kinds of viruses.. now I don't lol. I think some opiates/opioids definitely have a rather strong impact when you are sick, obviously some more than others, and also very different based on the ROA your using them.. and how much you are using.. But I mostly did oxy, dilly and H, except for the super rare Opanas ER and IR that only like one person I knew had, sometimes... rarely.. and when I was on opiates (and now on sub too), even if I did get sick, stopped me from feeling much of any symptoms from most viruses, if I had enough to keep me from going into WD of course.. idk its probably different with everybody.. but I know they can be helpful, in some cases, when sick..

Yes it's true, many people have anecdotally reported on blue light the same findings over the years, there have been threads if I remember talking about it. And I as well never got sick when doing opiates, or Kratom for that matter. People Say they think maybe the opiates cover up the symptoms, but I don't think that's it because surely you would feel at least a bit ill. I really think there is some kind of immunostimulant effect at play, cause before opiates I would always get sick a few times a year.

Now of course the trade off is if you become dependent on opiates your going to be dealing with a sickness a lot worse then a common cold, especially if your really addicted. Oh the horror of fentanyl withdrawals, haven't touched it in over a year and a half now, thank god.

In my experience, Heroin has totally masked all my cold and flu symptoms. Just be weary because with prolong and everyday use would, of course, result in dependency and withdrawal.

This might be irrelevant to the current conversation, but in differentiating between Opioid sickness and having a real illness, I always found the deciding factor to be the Akathisia and Restless Legs. Aside from a few choice symptoms, Opioid withdrawal very closely resembles the flu. I'm with you guys though, I've never caught the flu or any other kind of illness while dependent upon Opioids. I'm actually very interested in this topic now.

Actually I have to refrase. I said "when the high leaves, Im ill again" What I meant is "when the effect of heroin leaves Im ill again" cause the intense high doesn't realy last long but the effect of H would last several hours-almost a whole day considering the amount of course. So, trying to avoid addiction, I try not to take heroin every day. Ill use for 2 days, skip one, then use again etc. What I've noticed is that the "sober" days Im ill and the "high" days Im healthy.