• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Heroin weed and other, opiates making me lose lots of weight??

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Hi so I take weed heroin and other drugs daily despite this my appetite is as big and healthy as it has always been however the last few months I have slowly but surely lost a noticeable amount of weight I was already skinny but as I type this I cant even rub my arms together without the bones in bother boney arms making it to unpleasant.. I'm just about to have a full naam bred with curry Indian but no matter what/how much, I eat I just seem to be losing nite and more weight this has got to be the drugs right? Had anyone else experienced this who uses similar drugs?

am a fat fucker for a heroin addict, nearly 15 stone. i think it might have something to do with a persons motabilism (i've maybe spelled that wrong, but ya know what i mean) as to how they put weight on. however, drugs could be a factor too. i havn't had a decent curry in time, i aint a fan of indian, i do like a chinese chicken curry tho. hope you enjoy your indian tho. :)

Opioids made me gain a substantial amount of weight. Im normally pretty lean, but opioids made me balloon to 190lbs (im normally about 155-160lbs lean and well muscled).

I miss it (not an opioid addict any longer). Never in my life have I been able to enjoy food as I did as I was as complacent and comfortable as I was when I was on opioids. I am normally too uncomfortable and high strung of a person to want to eat much. Opioids made me comfortable enough in my own skin to enjoy food.

well my record for weight loss was 8 pounds in one day, i was in the bathroom for over 2 hours that day.

well my record for weight loss was 8 pounds in one day, i was in the bathroom for over 2 hours that day.
but im not a stim head im not going on crazy 7 day benders with no food or sleep since doing drugs i eat more i come from a poor family and have gone without more than once so i always eat what s in front of me by instinct i used to be stocky never fat but i have big shoulders and do seem to be stronger than average im tall but not stupidly tall about between 6 - 6 1/2 foot i havent weighed myself in ages bu i would guess i weight around 12-15 stone

but im not a stim head im not going on crazy 7 day benders with no food or sleep since doing drugs i eat more i come from a poor family and have gone without more than once so i always eat what s in front of me by instinct i used to be stocky never fat but i have big shoulders and do seem to be stronger than average im tall but not stupidly tall about between 6 - 6 1/2 foot i havent weighed myself in ages bu i would guess i weight around 12-15 stone
no, as in i'd had an 8 pound dump, by the time i was done, if you picked me up and dropped me, id float just like a feather would

Opioids made me gain a substantial amount of weight. Im normally pretty lean, but opioids made me balloon to 190lbs (im normally about 155-160lbs lean and well muscled).

I miss it (not an opioid addict any longer). Never in my life have I been able to enjoy food as I did as I was as complacent and comfortable as I was when I was on opioids. I am normally too uncomfortable and high strung of a person to want to eat much. Opioids made me comfortable enough in my own skin to enjoy food.
no offense but how can you be to nervous to eat? you need to eat to survive if i go without a meal i feel like shit

Appetite suppression is one of the symptoms of having the hots for someone as they say . . . it has probably been the case since long before humankind discovered coca, betel, qat, ephedra and friends, much less Crank, Bennies, White Crosses, Eskatrol, pyrovalerone, 4-methylaminorex, C-Jam, methylphenidate, phenmetrazine and so on. Like the time I was having lunch with the boss and she took my hand under the table and guided it up her skirt -- it was only glasses of seltzer, a pot of tea, and a sip of soup and nibbling around the edges of pastries and of rice pilaf and Putenschnitzel that day for both of us . . .

no offense but how can you be to nervous to eat? you need to eat to survive if i go without a meal i feel like shit

Wouldn't say its nervousness, its just a sort of physical thing, combined with a racing mind that makes eating low priority. Who knows maybe i have an undiagnosed digestive issue, because i only really enjoyed food on opioids. Some of it is a blood sugar thing....opioids make you crave sweet foots in particular.

Wouldn't say its nervousness, its just a sort of physical thing, combined with a racing mind that makes eating low priority. Who knows maybe i have an undiagnosed digestive issue, because i only really enjoyed food on opioids. Some of it is a blood sugar thing....opioids make you crave sweet foots in particular.
I know what you mean abot sugar craving but you just gotta ignore them and eat proper food i have a rule where im not allowed to eat anything sweet until ive eaten a proper meal these little things are what makes people look so shit in the end for not taking care of themselves I didnt mean anything by it

There is definitely a connexion there -- when I have to throw up after a dose of morphine, hydromorphone and so on, my mind starts to race and continues until a couple of minutes after I have upchucked everything. So that may be the inverse of what is above,.

There is definitely a connexion there -- when I have to throw up after a dose of morphine, hydromorphone and so on, my mind starts to race and continues until a couple of minutes after I have upchucked everything. So that may be the inverse of what is above,.
I have digestive issues as well but mine just happen on their own food doesnt seem to effect it its more to do with ptsd i think Im not one of those feel sorry for myself because no one has had it as bad as me type but I think ive had a pretty rough life and when you admit and come to terms with that you feel better usually I put everyone elses feelings and needs before my own but since actually looking at myself and only myself for a change that seems to help oh and my digestive issues cause horrible exsessive diareaha which is why I am prescribed opiates such as codeine to begin with which is rare thing to get it prescribed for but what can I say it works

I have digestive issues as well but mine just happen on their own food doesnt seem to effect it its more to do with ptsd i think Im not one of those feel sorry for myself because no one has had it as bad as me type but I think ive had a pretty rough life and when you admit and come to terms with that you feel better usually I put everyone elses feelings and needs before my own but since actually looking at myself and only myself for a change that seems to help oh and my digestive issues cause horrible exsessive diareaha which is why I am prescribed opiates such as codeine to begin with which is rare thing to get it prescribed for but what can I say it works

It works well, doesn't it? I have rather severe organic looseness of the bowels which is coded as Cyclic IBS, Diarrhoea Predominant, K58.0 and/or K58.12 I think it is, which is being kept quiet by the side effects of the painkillers, but before the spine trouble got really bad, the protocol in my case was belladonna or dicycloverine and dihydrocodeine neat or with paracetamol, and I was prescribed Tylenol With Codeine Nº 1, 2, 3, and 4 in order before going on to Panlor SS and then would bring extended-release 120 mg DHC tablets and concentrated syrups of dihydrocodeine hydroiodide and/or 100 count bottles of the tiny 30 mg codeine hydrochloride tablets with me when I returned to the US from Europe. Even Dicodid (hydrocodone neat) 10 mg tablets way back in the day, with 20 of them having been prescribed for use as a last resort when there was a great deal of pain, and taking them with hyoscine or fluid extract of belladonna was quite effective. The most effective cure was opium plus belladonna in tincture or fluid extract form -- whilst the components were readily available, I could sign for it OTC (Donnagel PG) in the US or there or in Europe it could be compounded. If I had to go to the emergency department to get rehydrated after vomiting and spewing out the other end, the people there would first shut down the diarrhoea with nicomorphine or morphine IV . . . then Oral Hydration Salts and vitamins, minerals, water and all the rest, then yoghurt and a bottle from which to sip from containing a mixture of bismuth subsalicylate, lignocaine, benzocaine, mepivacaine, hyoscine or whole belladonna tincture, and Deodourised Tincture of Opium, also known as Laudanum which is to this day used around the world especially for GI problems.

Loperamide, difenoxin, and diphenoxylate do not work in my case because of the cross-tolerance with morphine, hydromorphone and so on -- so an effective dose in my case would be acutely and chronically cardio- and neurotoxic, and it is not always easy for even the pharmacy to get Deodourised Tincture of Opium, Paregoric, or other whole opium products. There are otherwise inactive ingredients in opium like oils, resins and so on which seem to help, which is why I am very glad that the pain from my spine has receded to the point that I can feel concentrated poppy pod and even poppy seed decoctions. I think the smooth muscle relaxant papaverine in the opium also is helpful.

Opiates always kill my appetite. Maybe because they can make you nausious ? THC stimulates the grelin (hunger cheimcal) but something in opiates seems to counteract it ?

Opiates always kill my appetite. Maybe because they can make you nausious ? THC stimulates the grelin (hunger cheimcal) but something in opiates seems to counteract it ?

Yes, I think the nausea is what does it, and it seems that any form of cannabinoids has the potential side effect of weight gain much like the gabapentinoids, catabolic steroids, and some other drugs.

There is also the possibility that the body may be hungry but the euphoric effect reduces then limits the desire to do something about it? Sort of like the diminished drive to fuck and suck whilst on high doses of narcotics?

Strong narcotics have suppression of appetite as a side effect so much so that recipes for Brompton Mixture include tincture of cannabis, and after the 1930s other anti-emetics such as the phenothiazine-related antihistamines like prochlorperazine, piperazine antihistamines like cyclizine and hydroxyzine, piperidine antihistamines like cyproheptadine, ethanolamine antihistamines like dimenhydrinate, bromodiphenhydramine, and diphenhydramine. A rather common protocol in palliative and hospice care is compounding a liquid for PO administration containing the strong narcotic such as morphine, nicomorphine, piritramide, dextromoramide, smack, or hydromorphone, a stimulant and/or local anaesthetic like co-phenylcaine, dextroamphetamine, or of course C-Jam, and other ingredients and the elixir is used to wash down capsules of dronabinol.

Some opioids have courses of action and/or early withdrawal which suppress appetite, but not others . . . then there is the appetite suppression which becomes part of narcotic withdrawal in Stege I or II, which is closely tied to the nausea and vomiting, so a shot or other dose of something that effects a fix will cause the person to become hungry at one point or another during the first hour after the dose. There is a rumbling in the stomach, as peristalsis is counteracted once again and the increase in appetite is subtle and take a while to set in, starting two or three minutes after the rumble. Another GI side effect is that the rapidly-moving bowels are stopped in the their tracks and there are bubbles and air pockets there which move a bit and must consolidate, as odourless flatulence, which some people see as quite nifty for some reason, seems to be an especially common side effect of starting back on hydromorphone, hydromorphinol, and oxymorphone after 18-36 hours off of it, especially when clonidine has been used,

I notice this overall effect with nearly all narcotics, but morphine and dipipanone were the really big ones. Also the sign of passing from Stage V withdrawal to Stage VI withdrawal and soon post-acute withdrawal is The Chucks, which is a rapidly-developing and sustained increase in appetite, with, as with other effects of morphine and similar drugs, cravings for sugar showing up and there seem to be unusual cravings which vary from person to person: sour, salty, greasy, or vinegary food, the desire to put Tabasco sauce all over all sorts of food. Maybe even ice cream for all I know.

Last edited:
I ate more on oxy and started losing weight without even really trying after I quit the stuff. I snacked on sugary stuff more frequently on the oxy so it makes sense really.

But OP if you are eating a decent amount but still losing a lot of weight you might want to speak to a doctor.