• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Heroin vs Meth addiction?

k20

Bluelighter
Hello fellow bluelighters. Been a while since I posted on this forum.

A quick question for ya'll.

What do you personally find more addictive, heroin or meth?
What's harder to moderate usage?
What's harder to quit?
Which had a bigger effect on your family/friends/education/job etc ?

I've dabbled with H and bunch of other opiates and experienced the withdrawals first hand, but I've only tried meth once.
The closest stimulant habit close to meth I had was Adderall. At my worst I was taking 100mg+ a day, but I'm aware meth is another beast.

The "withdrawal", or whatever you wanna call it, from adderall was really shitty. I slept for like a week straight and only woke up to eat and use the bathroom. Extreme fatigue, absolutely no motivation or desire to do anything but curl up in my bed and sleep. Oh, and the devastating depression. I've heard meth is worse.

Still, I think the physical withdrawals that comes with opiates makes it worse and harder to get through.

I'm sure everyone has their own differences, opinions, and experiences so please share.

Which is the worse addiction?

I only have Australian data, but...

The stats say that more people who try heroin become dependent users than people who try meth. While use of meth (at least in Australia, and across all formats and ROA) is higher than use of heroin, around 10% of people who try meth end up as dependent/habitual users. That figure sits at a little over 20% for heroin.

There's a lot of sociocultural stuff to unpack that influences this, but the general interpretation is that heroin is "more addictive", or more likely to result in ongoing dependence in users, than meth.

Meth isn't that addictive at all. It's actually very benign. H is extremely addictive.

They're both bad drugs to get addicted to. PERSONALLY I find meth more addictive than heroin, but that's because I generally prefer stimulants to opiates, which I've never gotten much out of.

Withdrawal from heroin seems really shitty and tends to make junkies sad and pitiful, I hate being around people who are dopesick. Meth withdrawal, on the other hand, tends to turn people into irritable pricks who I also don't like be around, but more because they're just assholes, not because "waaaah I need muh hair on". Heroin addicts tend to be more mentally sound than meth addicts.

Honestly this sites a lil biased, it's mostly full of opiate addicts and Psycheldelic users..Anyway, heroin has not hit the deep deep south yet I guese, it's mostly opiate pills and Meth, and ummm, meth gets pretty bad quick, personallly I hate stimulants, save them for special occasions and their fun but every day I would be miseralbe...but I always remember hearing on a movie or read it on hear one time " On heroin you know your life is shit, on Meth your life is crumbling and you don't even know it" which pretty much sums the shit up in my opinion...go hang out with a buncha meth heads and see if you prefer the heroin peeps or the meth peeps. Now not all of them of course, but I've seen soo many people on meth walkin around just thinkin everything is okey dokey with them(no job, multiple warrarts, physical fights every other day etc... )and think everything is okay...now on heroin, I mean at least you most likely know what you are doing is wrong...meth seems to put a cloud around that litttle part of it in my opinion...

Edit: know I said no heroin around me, but I mean, once your around a people who are banging oxy, morphine, diludid all the time...it's pretty much the same I would guese, maybe not exactly, but pretty damn close... and really most of the people I know were shooting both dope(that meth aroud here) or pills, once they started doing the meth reguarly it went downhill FAST for them. Faster than it was going with opiates anyway.

Heroin is probably a more addictive substance generally-speaking, but I'd much rather hang out with junkies than tweakers. The delusions and paranoia get soooo tiring.

Meth isn't that addictive at all. It's actually very benign. H is extremely addictive.

It depends upon the person.

I know people who have used opiates before to get high on them, and they didn't get addicted to them but they're in their early 60s now and have been addicted to meth for decades and still use it despite attempts to stop using it by going to detox/rehab/treatment, and NA and CMA (crystal meth anon.) meetings.

Meth and heroin and both extremely addictive from what I've seen, and I have never used either of them and do not have a desire to.

Heroin but I'd rather be a heroin addict than a meth addict. The dopeheads usually outlive the tweakers.

I'm personally an ass guy iirc those titties will lead you down a bad path man

Lmfao ^^^ that's some funny shit! I'm an ass guy too, you can always purchase a nice pair of tits for your girl hahaha!! To each his own, everyone is different. I personally hate uppers, I think meth is dirty n nasty. It's like the only drug that makes you age 20 years older than what you really are. Then again, I used to be hooked on H. I've seen some nasty ass heroin addicts who would use some old dirty rigs n not filter it or anything when drawing it up! I'm pretty germaphobic so I always would use a clean needle everytime. I hate when people who don't know anything about it ask "do you have Hep-C?!" I laugh everytime cuz I don't n people automatically think if you do H you have Hep-C.

Be safe n stay real!
DC

Heroin is probably a more addictive substance generally-speaking, but I'd much rather hang out with junkies than tweakers. The delusions and paranoia get soooo tiring.

I think so too. Besides, the worst about H, it´s ironically the kind effects that brings in nice feelings and not quickly malignant when compared to what Meth does on its first time. Also the comedown is smooth and not as bad.
Instead of the 'warmth' full feelings you end up feeling paranoia and much more rapidly you´ll face the bad symptoms meth tends to provoke. As immediately as when you comedown IMO.

Never fucked with heroin and most likely never will but I can't imagine anything being more addictive than fucking meth!! Yeah the answer to all the questions the OP asked is def meth. Btw that's not true at all that it ages you 20 years, that's a myth. I honestly don't think the drug causes aging at all, it's wether someone takes care of themselves or not while on it. I think I look younger then my age because people usually tell me that and I get carded almost everytime I buy liquor and I've been smoking shards (meth) for 7 years. Yeah some tweakers look like shit I'm not gonna deny that but a lot of them look normal too.

Last edited:
^fully agree about the ageing thing. For some reason i find me and my mates look younger than our age, and while on it have a beam to our face. probably also due to the fact we actually try and eat and shower and stuff when we should while on meth. This myth is perpetuated by people who already have no self respect and zero thoughts on personal hygiene.

Meth is hands down an unforgettable experience that will be etched into my memory for a long fucking time. Having vivid dreams of watching the pipe twirl and this allure that NOTHING will ever compare. If your an adrenaline junkie or a go getter, stay away from the stuff. I feel like it goes beyond the power of your brain, and hovers above it like a white fuzzy cloud of ecstasy and divinity.

The thought that sober people will NEVER experience those heights, that feeling. It truly is above the human experience. Its something fucking else!

if you arent terrified of getting hooked youre fucked the second you touch either of them, for completely different reasons. but physically speaking it is the ol H. your body wont shut down and die coming off the meth

with meth its not really the euphoria or that it seems like the best thing ever, its more the energy level drop off that is really hard to get back used to. for me there really is no come down beyond a little restless legs maybe, its the sleep needed and getting going again. make sure to eat really well after because you tend to starve yourself without even realizing it if you arent careful/used to doing it. meth is all about how your brain deals with it though, luckily i dont get paranoia or shadow people or anything like that and thats even going days and days without sleep or food(stupid asking for trouble). i just turn into a machine whether its writing, reading or anything that i can focus on because my brain goes into overdrive hard. theres no watching tv or playing video games

heroin is just a perfect storm. its the best feeling as is so even without taking withdrawal/comedown into account a lot of people would be done for anyway, throw in the physical shittiness plus depression and the only logical way to solve the problem is get another bag its just that simple.

personally it just comes down to my fear of getting hooked being way stronger than my desire to do it in the first place. if you arent absolutely fucking terrified of addiction to the point of rather being dead then you probably should just smoke some pot and never go near each or else youre just playing with fire while soaked in gasoline. you should be nervous the first time you try it, obviously gotta be the right type of nervous dont make yourself tweak.

edit: also whoever said the thing about meth completely taking you out of reality is right. its not everyone but ive seen some bad cases. its crazy, doesnt even make sense. these type seem to be the ones who are so far into it that nothing else exists anymore, which is insane because its not like this shit makes you love the universe like ecstacy...its just not THAT awesome

Last edited: