• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin to Suboxone: Avoiding precipitated withdrawals

newsunnn

Greenlighter
i am very much trying to fight off this demon my self. my addiction has spiraled out of control tremendously. i really am desperate for a response from you and will be devoted to staying in touch with you and touching base throughout this process as prompt as possible. i am new to this site and cant seem to find out how to post a thread of my own or a private message to yourself. whenever i try to post a thread or a question it says its waiting for approval and then nothing ever hapens ! ive waited daaays. i dont want to be another life lost due to this disease and all i want is to detox off of this heavier than ever iv habit of heroin i have , with the help of suboxone.

i have plenty of them, i see a sub doctor on regular basis so finding them fourtantly is not an issue.the issue is i seem to have troubles now that my tolerance and habit as increassed so very much. i have always waited until my wds were bad but back in june when i tried inducting on my own i threw myself into precipated wds which has never happened before that. i was wds pretty bad which made no sense after 18 hours. then after 24 hours of in precipated wds i relapsed on h for another day . then i tried induction again the 20 hour mark,still too soon. but luckily i only took a 2mg subutex instead of a 8mg sub0xone plus injecting 2mgs of subutex when i panicked because the wds werre getting increasingly worse fast after the suboxone dissolved.

(the subutex was my fiance who passed away old script i your wondering where that came from)well so then i relapsed on heroin withiin hours after that and the next day around 7 pm i did another shot of h and put myself into a severe cotton fever experience .so i abstained because i knew the h wasn't going to help. the cotton fever felt like awful w/d! by 6 am i called an ambulance and went to the er and was treated with antibiotics due to a urinary tract infection. so that luckily probably covered the cotton fever as well because it eventually ran its course.

i waited until 1100 or so pm that next day to induct and that was fine. i was still in w/d but it wasn't nearly as bad as what i was experiencing prior to taking it.it was odd though,like almost as at first it got worse but then it got better,i noticed because i ate a bowl of cereal and set my pink puke bucket aside that had accompanied me from my home to the hospital to detox. so it was weird every day i would feel my w/d getting worse and i would take a 2 mg of sub and it would ease a bit. by 7 days i felt as well as i was going to get actually make it 9 days lol. because i stayed on subs after that which caused much troubles.

i always felt sick and tired and irritable. eventually i couldn't even stand waiting in between my sub doses i felt so bad and then after my dose felt awful within a few hours i think my body got too dependent off of it. by august i declared enough is enough and i decided i would use heroin for a few weeks to get through the worst of the suboxone w/d. unfortunately them few weeks turned into almost 4 months of using on a daily basis every couple of hours. i with-stain from shots as long as i can tolerate without doing another fix or as long as it takes to get one. which usually I'm doing couple hundred dollars worth on average. since June my tolerance has tripled. and my wds are so much worse coming down.

i spend all my time in bed or passed out on the floor of my room or bathroom where i did my shot. and i get mad when i do that because an hour later when i wake up i feel as if i need another fix or something .idk if sleeping makes the buz go away.? i wouldnt even call what i get from my shots these days an actual "buzz"any ways. my pupils havent even dilated in months. they used to become soo pin point!my sub doctor told me i would have to wait at least 48 hours without hearing any of my story.he apparently doesnt do inductions at his office. which is odd to say at the least. well so i just need to know when it is safe to induct?

do i not go by my symptoms as i did in the past when dozens of times without complications by anymeans, in fact the initial sub dose "usually" did the trick for the rest of my w/d. and when i would feel icky after that here and there i'd take a 4 to 8 mg dose and it did the trick. im thinking that i cannot go by symptoms any longer like i used to in the past? must i go by time and symptoms? things get unbearable after about 10 -12 hrs and by 20 i will be feelish hellish. ive only made it that far 3 times tops since i started using again.at 20 hours now i feel much mucccch worse than i used to at that hour point in the past does this mean i induct sooner or later?

the last time i had to do this i was unable to determine how long i must wait to take a sub due to another severe case of cotton fever in july. i waited 48 hours. when i started the subs in june i only relapsed once for two days then immediately got back on them 2 days later and i didnt respond well to them then either. i felt better but not by far mostly the same.i know i didnt get worse though. chemistry is an odd thing i must say and i wonder if it was because i hadnt waited long enough since when i got precipated wds in june when i used in july and switched back over. or maybe because i was so used to the subs because i has been on them 5 weeks. well hopefully its been long enough since ive taken a suboxone(august) to try this again. i just need guidance in just how long i should be safe to wait to start my suboxone and how much to start with.

i have ten more strips till next week. i want to take the least amount of sub as possible to not get readdicted. its just so strange how my friends with smaller habits than myself can take a sub at the beggining of their bad wds at around the time they start at twenty-twenty four hours and i have to wait longer? its not like i did before? why cant they just work how they used to?

thanks for reading this. i really appreciate it! god bless you i really truely believe god has directed me in your direction . please please help me. i am bound and determined to fight this thing off for good! its hard hard hard!
god bless you and all the recovering addicts out there struggling like myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi newsunnn :) Welcome to Bluelight.

Just a tip, it makes it a lot easier for others to read if you can put your post into paragraphs (instead of a "wall of text") and try to keep the initial post shorter and to the point when possible, you will get a lot more people reading it and replying that way :)

On to your question:
Everyone is different and will have to wait different amounts of time before they can take Suboxone without precipitated withdrawals. The best thing you can do is wait until you are as sick as you can handle, and then start with a low dose, like 2mg Suboxone. Then wait 2 hrs and if you are feeling a bit better and not worse, you can take 2-4mg more, and so on until your withdrawals are substantially relieved.

If your doctor is just leaving it up to you, you can do your Suboxone induction yourself:
From a buprenorphine induction handbook:

Standard Induction Protocol

Avoiding Precipitated Withdrawal
To avoid precipitated withdrawal, physically dependent patients must no longer be experiencing the agonist effects of an opioid. One way to gauge this is to observe objective symptoms of opioid withdrawal using the COWS Clinical Opioid Withdrawal Scale. Give the first dose when the patient is at least in mild to moderate opioid withdrawal on the COWS scale.

Induction Day 1
On Day 1, opioid-dependent patients should be inducted with a 4mg buprenorphine dose, observed for 1-2 hours, then given a second 4mg dose if withdrawal symptoms reappear. Some clinicians prefer to start with a 2mg dose, which minimizes the potential for side effects and for precipitated withdrawal. A maximum dose of 8-12mg is recommended for Day 1. If the patient still experiences withdrawal symptoms or cravings after taking a total of 8-12mg on Day 1, the dose should be increased on Day 2.

Here is the COWS scale (Clinical Opioid Withdrawal Scale):
NSFW:
82629357.png

In my opinion you should wait at least until you are at least in moderate withdrawal on the COWS scale. Be as honest as possible about how you answer the scale, even if mentally you are already feeling miserable. The severity of your withdrawal symptoms are much more important than the specific length of time it's been since your last shot. Then start with 2mg Suboxone and see how you feel.

. and with my understanding what throws you into precipated wd is having justt the slightest bit of opiates left in your system,so if i went through precipated wds then at 18 hours since last shot when my tolerance is a lot more now and wds come much sooner than they used to this means that i can start suboxone sooner since the wds come on so much sooner? does your body eventually start freeing opiates from the receptors more quickly as time goes on and your tolerance heightens ? in which is making it more safe for me to take subs at 18 hours rather than before because my wds& habit weren't as severe,as they are these days?although they were hellish back in june w the precipated wd with the the diahrea ,fllying saucers,pupils,anxiety,hot and cold,or does this mean since im doing more shots per day and much more h at a time that i must wait longer while being in wd than before? because theres much more heroin lingering around in my system than before?i know u say that time is irrelevant but i am just so lost because when i went through precipiated wds that first time i wouldnt of thought that i still had h left in my system after those shitty symptoms started.

i guess i just dont want to feel stupid and induct at 12 hours if thats when i score 26 if im going to be thrown into precipiated wd at 18 hrs in the past i wouldnt want to amagine taking it a few hours before what threw me into precipiated wds last time and going through it all over again knowing what taking it after that time frame had did before and having the balls to try it again any sooner.

i did ask a sub doctors and a few nurses what threw me into precipated wds before and they are whom are giving me the idea that since my tolerance and habit is much more worse than the average that i needed to wait longer than most people would because with putting more in my body means theres more lingering around.but i know some sub doctors,not all, dont know half as much about subs as they think they do and we know much more than they ever will being the ones on the pills.

i appologize for this being so long,yikes! thanks so much for listening

The level of withdrawals you are in is more important than how many hours it's been since you last used opioids. If you are really sick it should be ok, just wait as long as you can handle (24 hours+ would probably be ideal), then start with a low dose of Suboxone, like 1-2 mg. Then wait to see how you feel before taking more and after a couple hours try adding another 1-2mg. This way of dosing should make a big difference in your risk of precipitated withdrawals. And don't inject the Suboxone/Subutex. (if you really really want to inject it wait until after the induction period).

Opiates do not have to be completely out of your system to start Suboxone, that would take like a week, you just have to no longer being experiencing any effects from them. How long that takes varies from person to person and depends on many factors. Having a larger heroin habit does not automatically mean you have to wait longer, it depends how sick you are.

Has heroin been the only drug you've used recently? If you took any longer acting or timed-released opioids that can make a difference.

my pupils havent even dilated in months. they used to become soo pin point!
You meant constricted, dilated is when the pupils get bigger, which happens in withdrawal. Also let me know if you are confused about any of the terms on the COWS scale.

EDIT: Going to move this to OD where you might get more replies.
BDD -> OD

Last edited:
I'm sorry, this situation blows. For some reason a lot of people eventually have a harder and harder time going back on Suboxone, especially after experiencing precipitated withdrawals. I only experienced extreme precipitated withdrawal once, but every time after that I felt really uncomfortable switching back to Suboxone, until it got to the point that I feared it.
so much that I got on methadone instead (though there were other reasons as well-however, I can't tell if I'm really happy with that decision, the two both have their pro's and cons.)

The thing about suboxone is that because it is a partial agonist, it only has a limited amount of activity on your opiate receptors, which is equal to around 30-40mg of methadone (or so I've been told). If your habit is way bigger than this per fix, than you will need to wait longer as well as tolerate feeling a bit shitty even on the subs. For this reason it might be better to do a methadone detox if maintenance is not your goal as you won't have to worry about precipitated withdrawal and your dosage can be adjusted according to your habit (that is, according to how good the detox program you go to is). However, I really only recomend a methadone detox, you should decide for yourself if you want to be on any form of maintenance.

znegative,
i do not have any access to any methadone. I've never even met any one prescribed them. and with the research i have done i haven't found any clinics or methadone doctors in my area or out of the area close enough to be able to find a ride to.plus im on medicaid,aka state funding and i cant even find a regular physician besides the two worst doctors in town to accept any new patients on state funding,let alone a methadone doctor.

so would your recommendations be in this case that i cannot tolerate subs anymore and to go cold turkey? or do u think there is a safe ammount of time i can wait in order to guarantee not to put myself into precipatated w/d? i under stand the fact that most likely the subs will not allievate all of my symptoms and may not even help eliminate half of them. im hoping ONLY IF IT WILL BE SAFE to wait a good time and take the sub it to help a little bit even if not by very much. any improvement is better than none during w/d because its so bad.

I'm sorry, this situation blows. For some reason a lot of people eventually have a harder and harder time going back on Suboxone, especially after experiencing precipitated withdrawals. I only experienced extreme precipitated withdrawal once, but every time after that I felt really uncomfortable switching back to Suboxone, until it got to the point that I feared it.
so much that I got on methadone instead (though there were other reasons as well-however, I can't tell if I'm really happy with that decision, the two both have their pro's and cons.)

The thing about suboxone is that because it is a partial agonist, it only has a limited amount of activity on your opiate receptors, which is equal to around 30-40mg of methadone (or so I've been told). If your habit is way bigger than this per fix, than you will need to wait longer as well as tolerate feeling a bit shitty even on the subs. For this reason it might be better to do a methadone detox if maintenance is not your goal as you won't have to worry about precipitated withdrawal and your dosage can be adjusted according to your habit (that is, according to how good the detox program you go to is). However, I really only recomend a methadone detox, you should decide for yourself if you want to be on any form of maintenance.

znegative,
i would like to start methadone instead but unfourtuately did a lot of hard research in the past and theres no way for me to be in close enough distance to get to a clinic or a doctor that prescribes methadone. plus im on medicaid,state funding so its hard to even find a regular doctor to accept new medicaid patients,besides the two worst drs in town. one of those doctors got their opiate license taken away! so all his patients that need painkillers are on tramadol! or see a seperate doctor for their pain management.

well since methadone isn't an option what would you advise me to do? i hope this doesn't mean you reccomend me doing this cold turkey,if so that sucks but i'd prefer a coldturkey detox or a precipatated w/d detox ANYDAY.

do you think there is a safe ammount of time that i'm guarenteed for it to be physically impossible for me to go into the awful precipitated w/d? i will definititly be in full blown w/ds at even 20 hours. but i don't suppose you would say that 24 hours would even be enough time to surely avoid the p-w/d. i understand the subs may not make me feel much better or even much better if i took them at the best possible time.but i know while your in w/d even a little slight relief is better than none at all.

so i hope to hear back from you soon.just let me know what you think now that u know the methadone is unavailable to my possession. believee me if i could find a way i could. i've even text people in my phone looking for any one or anyone they knew prescribed methadone!

a moderator merged your thread into this one. it may have been a mistake/misjudgment, though. i agree with swimmingdancer that it shouldn't have been merged.

i reported it so hopefully it gets split back out. you can contact any of the OD mods and request that it be split out if you'd like.

Thank you very much .. Because I don't know how to switch it myself . This really upsets me because I am not feeling well . I'm not doing any more shots and I'm so scared I've got to get as much advice as possible . I'm just already not feeling well . So pretty soon here I'm going to be miserable so I need all the answers I can get so I can go about the proper protocol as to when to start the subs . I actually just did a shot an hour a go or so and messed up bad. I missed at least half of it. But who knows it could've been more but definitely half. My arm is all weird now . There's a weird rash going down my arm and a little itchy oddly . So I don't know what's up with that or when it will go away .. I just need to move this thread back how it's supposed to be so I don't have to rewrite it because time is running out . In a few hours I'm going to wish I were dead
?????
Please please help. When are things. Safe ? I know I need to wait until I'm in awful wd and score pretty high on the cows test but I just want to be on the safe side and know exactly how long is most definitely safe to take a sub with out precipitated wd after every thing I've discussed prior .

Thanks for reading sorry for repeating myself .! I am not all there right now mentally I'm in a panic. Especially whenever the physical symptoms of wd start creeping in because i know shortly but surely ill be hit with a SLAM!?

Sincerely ,
Newsunnn

I thought you only missed a teeny bit of it? Or did you do another shot after the one that was supposed to be the "last" one? Apply a hot cloth to the area like I said.

Please try to calm down, I know how hard and scary it is but working yourself into a panic is not going to help.

I don't think I can say anything more than I already did about when it will be safe to take the Subs. We can't tell you a precise time, because everyone is different, but 24 hrs should be good as long as you're rating high on the COWS. Remember to start with just 1-2mg of the Suboxone.

You can get through this! You are strong and brave <3

tricomb, can you change my title back to what its supposed to say? because the title it says now isnt what it was orginally before it was merged into a mega thread! and i wish the other peoples conversation wasn't before my introduction because noone can even tell what my threads even about now? the thread that mine was merged with is about paws.paws means post accute withdrawal syndrome which happens months after someones ALREADY been clean for awhile. and my thread was about precipated wd. precipated withdrawal comes from taking suboxone too soon,when opiates are still effecting your body(still in your receptors)

I thought you only missed a teeny bit of it? Or did you do another shot after the one that was supposed to be the "last" one? Apply a hot cloth to the area like I said.

Please try to calm down, I know how hard and scary it is but working yourself into a panic is not going to help.

I don't think I can say anything more than I already did about when it will be safe to take the Subs. We can't tell you a precise time, because everyone is different, but 24 hrs should be good as long as you're rating high on the COWS. Remember to start with just 1-2mg of the Suboxone.

You can get through this! You are strong and brave <3

yea i'm sorry swimmerdancer , i did another "last last shot"at 330am or so. and it was unexpected and worthless. i didnt even feel the slightest bit different!maybe i did a little bit.i don't really know.right afterwards i put pressure on it for about ten minutes.i wass freaking due to the humongous rash-like thing on my arm.but ive gotten that before..just not that intense it moves from the inside of my elbow to the end of my wrists.YIKES!

but anyways, i am so sorry i haven't done this yet. i was just hoping more people wouldve came on here and someone would've said a specific hour that heroin for sure is gone from the receptors so i definitely will be in the clear to avoid the yucky precipitated w/d . but i guess no one can say for sure.

and you say about 26 on cows? or what number iim sorry if u already said

No one can say a specific number of hours. Go by how sick you are and try to wait 24 hrs since your last shot if you can handle it.

I think for your situation since you are so worried about it and got precipitated withdrawals in the past, you should probably try to wait until you score 25 or higher on the COWS scale. You can just skip the heart rate question. Be honest about how you answer the questions, go with a lower number for something if you aren't sure.

Then, begin with 1-2mg of Suboxone, then wait 2 hrs before taking 1-2mg more and so on. This part is important, don't just take like 6-8mg all at once. If you start with 1-2mg you will be much less likely to get precipitated withdrawals.

You can also go back and re-read my earlier posts as I said most of this stuff already.

Also I said apply a hot wet cloth to the missed shot, did you do that? The rash is a histamine reaction, common with missed shots.

Take some deep breaths and try to calm down and watch a movie or something to distract yourself while you wait.

I did send a message to the OD mods about your thread being mistakenly moved to the PAWS thread, hopefully someone will see it soon :)

Last edited:
what is a histamine reaction, common with missed shots ,exactly? its just so odd. can you get that reaction even when you don't miss? what about if you've only missed a tiny bit?

and as far as waiting goes for the w/d. usually i will fall asleep randomly at any point in the day or night.and then by the time i wake up its because i started my w/d already:eek:

its an ucky situation. w/d just comes too Quickly these days.i remember when i didn't get that slam until the 18 hours hit me and i was cool waiting for the 24 hours! that was great.now its like if i am safe to induct as your suggesting as the least amount of hours to wait for me, individually speaking, i more as gotta wait lots more hours of feeling like shit shit.

oh well what can ya do? its only gonna keep getting worse , unless i do the right thing! which is what has to happen, or one of the three things is going to happen to me,

jails,institutions,and death.

already been to two of those places and watched from a glass as my loved ones have experienced the 3rd outcome. very sad. i can just honestly say my addiction isn't by any means manageable.

Even if you do go into PW's... it's not going to kill you man.. Yeah it sucks and you're right to try and avoid it at all costs, but it doesn't last forever, in fact.. it doesn't even last a few hours... I know addicts who deliberately take the bupe early and force themselves into withdrawal just to get it the fuck over with and not wait around. Toughen up, realize you did this to yourself, getting off drugs is not going to be a walk in the park, and handle your business. Keep in mind this is all coming from a decade long heroin addict who has been where you are hundreds of times.

Good luck, man.

Even if you do go into PW's... it's not going to kill you man.. Yeah it sucks and you're right to try and avoid it at all costs, but it doesn't last forever, in fact.. it doesn't even last a few hours... I know addicts who deliberately take the bupe early and force themselves into withdrawal just to get it the fuck over with and not wait around. Toughen up, realize you did this to yourself, getting off drugs is not going to be a walk in the park, and handle your business. Keep in mind this is all coming from a decade long heroin addict who has been where you are hundreds of times.

Good luck, man.

heyy mr.scagnattie-

hows it going? well actually... i have gone through precipated w/ds and the past and its different for everyone. i have gone into precipated w/ds before after waiting 18 hours and 24 hours later i was still going through it. i waited and waited. i know what precipated w/ds are in difference to regular w/ds. i have to been an addict for years and i have switched to and fro from heroin to suboxone countless amounts of times.

as far as how long precipitated w/d lasts, well it's different for everybody. i have heard of a few people whom it only lasted a couple of hours and then it turned into regular w/ds . i have heard of people who have gone through precipitated w/ds where it lasted a couple of days until it turned into regular withdrawals and then it finally ran its course. when i went through them the first time i talked to a suboxone doctor and i talked to a nurse that is a friend of mine at a local detox facility. both of them said with my habit and that i obviously took them way too soon (they know this when there is something coming out of every hole of your body at the same time-your vomiting,shitting,tears streaming out of eyes,body drenched in sweat as if you had a thousand buckets of water poured onto you-my hair was seriously wet like i just got out of the shower and i have long hair,nose dripping everywhere) i had another 4 days until i felt any better.

it all depends on JUST HOW SOON you take the subs. when i took it about 30 hours at first i did feel worse for an hour or so,but then i got better. some people might freak out and confuse that with precipitated withdrawals but its not ..if so a very mild case.

but in all reality , you have the right idea, i need to just man - out and get things started here. i have been doing a lot of research because suboxones ceiling affect only allows suboxone at its highest dose only be equivallent to about 30-40 mgs of methadone some people when their habit has exceeded the limit suboxones highest dose covers need a little bit more than 30-40mgs of methadone to eliminate w/d symptoms therefore need to start on methadone and switch over to suboxone when their tolerance has decreased.

currently i am doing a bit of research on methadone clinics to see if that is an opt for me based on some peoples advice based on their expierence with suboxone not working how it used to for them ,through private messages.i was going to see if i could use methadone then stop 2 days and use suboxone for a few.

i would rather just use suboxone ,but some people are just ot\ut right saying don't do it , its likely you will go back into precipitated w/ds because once they had them once it was a very hard transfer back to subs. so i am just seeing if it is even an opt for me to try some of their suggestions. unless i cant then im just going to with what i've got. and just wait a lot longer. unless i go cold turkey,which that is a last resort and i just don't know if i could possible make it,relastically.

but i really dont want to be on anything at all in the end. and i certainly dont want to go on methadone or suboxone matience. just a quick pain free taper. if thats possible.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU REPLYY AND THE GOOD LUCK MEANS A LOOT DUDE! II NEED ALL THE LUCK I CAN GET <3

Also depends on how much Suboxone you start with, (and your unique brain/body/metabolism).

Maybe you could try tapering down your heroin habit before starting the Subs as well?

Also depends on how much Suboxone you start with, (and your unique brain/body/metabolism).

Maybe you could try tapering down your heroin habit before starting the Subs as well?

This is extremely important.. I don't know how much dope you are doing, but if you are doing a lot.. getting on suboxone might literally not even work. Weening down is always smart, despite how much dope you are doing. I just went through that coming off of a very large habit I had for about a year straight, the suboxone just wasn't working. I called my doc, told him how much dope I was doing and how long, he said forget it. The suboxone wont work, especially considering how many times I went back and forth to dope to bupe.. it becomes a lot harder. I ended up having to check into detox, was in 2 weeks, and just now got back on the suboxone because I was still sick even after 2 weeks of detox. Now I'm going to do a 1 month taper, hop off at .25mg's and man up and deal with whatever remaining mild symptoms I might have. But I'm done staying on suboxone for long periods of time. Long term suboxone or methadone really is a bitch.

^Yeah it's hard to get on the sub in the first place, and then you have to detox off that. I never used to have a problem with it, but I first got scripted sub 7 years ago....I'm off it now...the detox I was on stopped at 2mg...It was bad for 2 weeks, but after a month, it was pretty much done

^Yeah it's hard to get on the sub in the first place, and then you have to detox off that. I never used to have a problem with it, but I first got scripted sub 7 years ago....I'm off it now...the detox I was on stopped at 2mg...It was bad for 2 weeks, but after a month, it was pretty much done

That's good to hear. So now you're off everything? No withdrawals and not taking any other drugs? (I ask because this is where I desperatly want to be, not needing to take anything to get well and just be a normal person again. I don't even remember what that's like..)

Yeah man, I'ts been fifteen months, I got put in a position where it just happened....My girlfriend ODd 3 times in a month, I lost my job and my place to live...I was doin 2-3 grams a day, outta money, I went to rehab and they detoxed me....I went to another rehab after that and then moved here...Yeah, it feels good man, I got back into doin things I hadn't done for years...
I was on opiates in one form or another for over 6 years, and before that I had like 9 months clean...

I'm not gonna lie, I've been havin dreams about it lately, but it's my own fault, I fell into a rut drinking, which I always thought wasn't shit because it was so cheap...It hasn't ruined my life like dope did, but it's become like a habit! for real...It's pretty unbelievable to not have to worry about the money, the sickness, all the bullshit...the taper I did sucked, you're taper will probably be a little easier, still shitty but you won't be fucked up that long once you hit zero...If anything, I was loaded with energy after a month off that shit, I didn't know what to do with myself....