• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Heroin, then Tramadol, then Suboxone, in this order

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustnRoses

Bluelighter
I've seen threads that touch on this subject, but not any that answer my specific questions, so Mods, please don't move this or close it until somebody answers, please. I realize that you try to move threads that ask questions that already have been asked, but really, just relax for a minute.

So I used heroin for around a week, using about 2 grams total...ROA was smoking. Given my circumstances, I must stop now, and have about 20 tramadol (50mg) and one Suboxone (8mg). Well, today I woke up in minor WD, so I took 3 tramadol, then one more about an hour later. This staved off almost 100% of my WD, and I felt fine to go about my day. Now throughout today, I've consumed about 9 tramadol total...so I have 11 left. My main question is, how would you recommend using what I have left to do as rapid and painless a detox as possible? I'm a little fuzzy on the properties of tramadol, but what I have gathered is that it is safe to take Suboxone after taking tramadol, so long as there is no HEROIN left in my system...is this correct?
So I was thinking I would take the rest of my tramadol over the course of the next 48 hours, then do a 6-7 day taper on the Bupe...again, Mods, please refrain from moving this thread until I've gotten some responses...

Use the tramadol to space your H use about 2-3 days away from the first Suboxone dose.

Tramadol is compatible with Suboxone.

I think this pretty much answered your question, so I'll go ahead and merge/close this depending on what you think is best.

If you have any other questions go ahead and ask.

Thank you for your reply. I just want to make sure I don't go into precipitated withdrawal, as that is my biggest fear when using suboxone. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that I can use tramadol, then an hour later take bupe...but it seems like everyone here has done it with good results. Feel free to merge this with the other bupe thread. Again thanks for the reply!

To avoid precipitated withdrawal, just make sure you wait till you are in withdrawals before dosing the Suboxone, which is anywhere from 18 - 24 hours, the exact amount of time dependent upon many variables, making it impossible to say exactly how long.

As CH said, though, Tramadol and Suboxone actually work well together, so I don't think precipitated withdrawal is a concern in that case. As long as you wait around 24 hours after dosing the heroin, the Suboxone should not cause WD.

:?
I would have thought you would experience precip. withdrawals by using Subs whilst on Tramadol...
They do act on mu receptors don't they? Very weakly but still a mu agonist non-the-less.
Personally I'd wait till I'm in withdrawals from the Tramadol before I would take Subs.

no tramadol and buprenorphine are fine together. taken them hundreds of time together, along with many other people.

Wow, that's quite strange... Tramadol really is quite a novel Semi-Opioid :)
I'd imagine it's great for PAWS related depression too then. (?)

oh absolutely, for many people including myself. it's used off-label as an anti-depressant as well. it's extremely useful for those months i run out of my morphine script earlier; saves me wding completely and going through PAWS and helps with my pain.

Well I'm getting ready to take my first Bupe dose here in about an hour or so, and even after everything I've read, I'm still nervous as hell...I so hope that I do not somehow throw myself into precip. My last H dose was almost 48 hours ago, so I'm pretty sure it's been long enough...Just tramadol for the past 36 hours...hope I'm good to go!

Well I'm getting ready to take my first Bupe dose here in about an hour or so, and even after everything I've read, I'm still nervous as hell...I so hope that I do not somehow throw myself into precip. My last H dose was almost 48 hours ago, so I'm pretty sure it's been long enough...Just tramadol for the past 36 hours...hope I'm good to go!

48 hours ago is long enough I am sure. By then you should be writhing in pain (the tramadol might help but you know what I mean). I got on Suboxone for the first time at day 2.5, it was horrible, I'm so glad I got on Suboxone then. Totally helped me in every way possible.

You'll have a smooth transition, but good luck nonetheless!

Thought I'd throw this question in here, mods feel free to delete and/or infract me if you find it inappropriate.

I've recently acquired an 8 mg suboxone sublingual tab. I have an absolutely zero opiate tolerance and want to use this to get a buzz going. Would the recommendation be to eat half or the whole thing?

48 hours ago is long enough I am sure. By then you should be writhing in pain (the tramadol might help but you know what I mean). I got on Suboxone for the first time at day 2.5, it was horrible, I'm so glad I got on Suboxone then. Totally helped me in every way possible.

You'll have a smooth transition, but good luck nonetheless!

Well, the thing is, I'm not in any stage of WD...in fact I feel fine. Of course, I attribute that to the fact that yesterday I consumed around 450 mg of tramadol and today I've consumed about 300 mg so far...thinking about taking either my remaining 4 pills, or 1 more for the night. I guess that's why I'm nervous to transition over to the suboxone...I feel fine, and although it's been so long since my last H dose, I still feel skeptical. Oh well..by tomorrow night I'll really have no choice, as I'll be out of trams.

Does it help you guage my level of tolerance/addiction that I'm "maintained" with 300-400 mg/day of tramadol? Is that high?

Does it help you guage my level of tolerance/addiction that I'm "maintained" with 300-400 mg/day of tramadol? Is that high?

It's high for tramadol but that says nothing about regular full agonists.

If tramadol is helping you feel better that's really good! It wouldn't give everyone the same effects.

Thought I'd throw this question in here, mods feel free to delete and/or infract me if you find it inappropriate.

I've recently acquired an 8 mg suboxone sublingual tab. I have an absolutely zero opiate tolerance and want to use this to get a buzz going. Would the recommendation be to eat half or the whole thing?

Wohhhhhh there! lol

I'd split it into quarters and then half those (so they're ~1mg each). Pop one under your tongue and wait. Then, if you feel you need more, wap another under there ;)
It's really quite powerful stuff but doesn't feel like other Opiates.
4-8mg would probably result in a lot of throwing up and other undesirable side effects, possibly even ODing :\

According to my doctor, I understand vicodin (hydrocodone) is heroin related. I'm not trying to say it's the same level of hardship and difficulty in getting off it. I've never tried or wanted try heroin. But hydrocodone- which I do have withdrawal problems with- is supposed to be chemically related from what I understand. Anyway, I only mention this because you mention tramadol. I've found that tramadol has been VERY helpful in getting me by when I don't have access to hydrocodone. I have (like many others I've seen and read about online, etc.) seen the biggest withdrawal symptom for that has been what you might diagnose as RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). I understand one is an opiate and the other an opiad (don't ask me to explain the difference). But for me, tramadol gets rid of the restless legs at night. At the very first I didn't quiet realize the connection and had my doctor prescribe tramadol for what I thought was RLS (not researching and realizing later that it was all due to my hydrocodone withdrawal). But I have now realized how beneficial tramadol has been on knocking out the restless legs. My problem tonight is that I was trying to find out how this virtually unused medicine I have called Mirapex might interact with gabapentin. I'm reading how I should not take Mirapex for opiate withdrawal as it might make the restless leg worse. Well, why should that be I'm asking? It's supposed to treat RLS. Why shouldn't also be helpful for opiate withdrawal when they have the same symptoms? Does anybody have a solution for this until I get a new prescription for tramadol? Help! I'm tossing and turning tonight! Somebody tell me Mirapex will work! I will probably chance it, anyway.

Hold on there a second! If you even ate a quarter you'd probably be throwing up for 2 days. Buprenorphine is verryy powerful stuff. For someone with no tolerance, I'd start off with 0.5mg - 1mg. This should have you nicely high, you might even want to start with the former and redose if needed.

In jail I was about 2 weeks clean from a gram+ per day heroin habit and I blew 2mg and was puking half of the night. So that's how potent this stuff can be.

People really tend to underestimate how much this stuff can get you going. They assume "partial-agonist" = "weak". Not the case. Good thing you asked that or you might be in trouble.

In the UK they have Bupe for pain in the form of Buprenex, it comes in 0.2mg doses just to give you an idea of what a normal dose for a non-tolerant user may be. In the US they only come in such high doses because they are used for opioid replacement therapy. Thus, they're meant for people with strong tolerances to full mu-opioid agonists, ya know?

Good luck!

And to the OP: This would work, just make sure you allow a good 24 hours between the heroin & the bupe (which you've done). For only using 2 grams over the course of a week you really shouldn't need such an extensive taper. However, it that's what you're going to do anyways - have at it.

I think I'm going to close this, we've answered the question and now it's off topic.

The OP can report back in the Suboxone Mega Thread with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.