• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin The Beginner's Guide

thinking of trying heroin any advice?

ok let me start like this i a oxy addict ill do around 180 of oxy a day and its costing me way too much money so what my thoughts were if i switch to heroin it will be alot cheaper in the long run ive been on oxys for 4 years now and i am wanting to switch also id be either smoking h or snorting so i also wanted to know what is the better way of taking it i will never use a needle so iv is not on my mind thank you

SO WILL IT BE CHEAPER ?

well, if you want advice, it's to not try heroin. if you're already addicted to oxy then you're just switching one addiction for a worse one. i am the only person i know personally who has never shot up dope (always snorted) but everyone else who says that's their plan never really stick to it. and trust me, once you stick that needle in your arm, you're in for quite a rollercoaster ride.

anyways, if you're asking what's cheaper...heroin is obviously cheaper.

It'll be cheaper for about 5 minutes...till you become strung out on H and your habit triples in size... :\ Then you'll be a heroin addict and spending 10 times more than you ever did on oxy.

DUDE....no fucking way man...I used to have an 80mg oxy habit a day (which back then cost about <NO PRICE DISCUSSION> a pill). Then I switched to snorting heroin and was like WHOA! I can get high off 2 bags (<NO PRICE DISCUSSION>). Within a month or two I was banging 15 bags a day (<NO PRICE DISCUSSION>). It's DEFINITELY not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the classic thinking and in your mind it makes sense, right? Spending $XYZ or whatever a day for oxy v/s spending $XY on heroin (less money) makes it a no brainer. Except what everyone's else has said so far is true: it's cheaper RIGHT NOW, but once you are chasing the heroin high and rush, and your tolerance goes thru the roof, now you are spending more than ever to feed our habit, plus you get the added bonuses of unreliable product and the almost guaranteed turn to the needle if you keep using. Bad move. Don't do it. I wish I never had, and so does everyone else who has ever carried this habit. FWIW. Good luck.

For me pills and heroin cost the same ammount - every penny that I had and could come up with. Heroin keeps me high a lot better and more often though.. it got to where sniffing a whole opana 40 wouldn't really do anything when I was sniffing pills that's why I switched... it's the only way I could ever catch a nod

Any cost savings will be lost in the long run due to an increased tolerance.

Your best bet is to get on ORT and stop taking oxycodone. I would avoid heroin all together.

I didn't read all of this but I read what the OP said and my two cents ios this... DONT DO HEROIN! Like I aint
here tellin u what to do with ur life do it if thats what u want. I am on heroin years and been a IV heroin user
for 4 or 5 years... ITS NOT FUN! Yea the 1st few times it can be fun...after that its all downhill from there
chasing the high u got from the first few times u use. If I cud go back, id have never used it. Im a full blown
addict now so I cant stop...well if i did try with a lot of help I prob cud but Its not a nice thing trying to kick
H. As I said u do what u want its ur life but trust me ul more then likely end up a sorry soul for it!

Sorry its took me so long to reply back. I've yet to try the H but I'm still wanting to. I appreciate everyones advice. The dope I'll be getting is good tan H all my friends say its very good. Would be a bad idea to do one 20bag in a single shot? I can do one bag intranasally.

Yes bad idea my friend od'd shooting a <no prices> bag. Someone in an above post already said to start witih like 1/4 of a <no prices> bag and even noted that if u got a real good deal you could potebtially OD.

Or if you dont like my answer either just ask the same thing a 3rd time and hope for a 3rd different answer that is what you want to hear lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with pretty much everyone else who posted, getting into H is just not worth it. At least with pills you know what you're taking. The purity of the H you buy will be different every time. Not to mention here on the West Coast I've only ever been able to find tar which is FILTHY. Sadly when it's the end of the month and most of the dealers are out of oxy you'll do some lame things to avoid withdrawal. I've never IVed, the tar around here is just too nasty and I'm iffy about needles anyway, but I was always happy to return to oxy after a few days of smoking H. The euphoria isn't worth the nastiness of it, and it wears off very quickly. I always end up choosing to be functional on longer acting opiates than high.

Just my two cents. It's your choice to make, but it should be an informed choice. Be aware of the consequences and decide if the short term effects are worth the likely long term pain. And if you decide to do it anyway, be safe. IV correctly with new, clean needles and do a little at a time if you don't know your tolerance or the purity if the dope. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

opioid replacement therapy, like buprenorphine, morphine, methadone, and heroin maintenance.

Don't you have SITE with Vitamin C packets? Where do you get your gear? The place I get my shit always has these powdery vitamin C packets that you use for that. If not, use vinegar.

^Im assuming you're reffering to heroin freebase. There's a great section in the guide here with a link providing information on how much citric acid to use to make freebase soluble.

IV

As heroin freebase is insoluble, an additional step needs to be taken when prepping it for IV - you need to convert it to a soluble salt. This is an extra opportunity to contaminate your shot so be very careful. Citric or ascorbic acid is commonly used; it is important to use pure powder and not crushed Vitamin C tablets or other acids such as vinegar, as they can contain substances which can cause harm if IV’d and are not sterile. Needle exchanges often give out sachets of citric acid or they are available online.

The citric/ascorbic acid is added when the heroin is in the spoon or (ideally) sterile cooker/stericup and the water has been added. A common mistake is to use too much, leaving an acidic solution which can damage veins. You don’t need to use the whole sachet – just add a little, apply gentle heat and see if it has dissolved. There is an excellent video produced by ExchangeSupplies showing how to add the right amount of acid to your heroin available here.

Applying heat is not advised when prepping most things as it can lead to poorly soluble cuts dissolving into the shot, but it is usually necessary with heroin freebase to cause it to react with the acid. Try to keep it to a minimum however. Don't forget to take the usual precautions when IVing, use fresh equipment for each shot and keep everything as sterile as possible.

Sterile needles and other IV equipment is available from needle exchanges and many pharmacies across the UK, as well as online.

Insufflating

You are the first person I ever met or heard of who asked that question. Oxycodone has a half life of 4 hours and Heroin has a half life of <10 minutes. You have to be drunk or idiot to even consider the possibility of making such a switch. How the fuck is this harm reduction?

Rest of the guide is pro, except for the part I quoted that I don't agree with.

yes HEROIN has a half-life of <10 mins... but did you know heroin is a PRODRUG for morphine (and 6-MAM and the inactive 3-MAM)? and morphine's half-life is 2-3 HOURS..? so yeah... heroin IS more potent and cost-effective (at least at first...)