• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin taper?

Tacoma

Bluelighter
is it safe/semi comfortable too taper off heroin? I do want to try to stop using again but withdrawal will be too bad i want to get off of it and not feel like complete death. I don't want to go to a dr for sub or a methadone clinic and cold turkey is OUT of the question. Im currently using a gram a day.

been there... not very fun at all... you ever try clonidine patch or the pills? those shits help out soooo much for a solid 90% of WD symptoms... if you taper yourself down for a couple weeks and go to the ER and get one ya shuld be able to stop usin... anyways just what i would if i had to do it all again... good luck

Ive gotten clonidine for back when i was trying to get clean from pain pills i have a shit ton left because it wasn't helping enough so i started doing heroin. It does definitely take the edge off tho. Im so scared to get off this shit but my lifes just getting to hard because of it. Im not even sure i want out but i want to know my options a gram a day is a lot of heroin and definitely eats away at my money! My withdrawls are baaaad after 12 hours i can't get out of bed and am throwing up and shaking and cant even stand up i think a taper would be my olny option

yea man i know what ya mean... i was doin a shit ton of 30s and just said fuk payin 2-300 dollars a day and went to h... but IMO the WDs from pills were soo much worse for me then WDs from dope... not sayin its like that for everyone but IME that was def the case... but the first time i tried the clonidine i half assingly gave it a try and said fuk it n went back to usin... but when i gave it an honest shot and smoked a little weed it helped me finally get off of dope all together... and trust me i remember how shitty it is to wake up sick, get well and be fukin sick again before i went to bed... but once ya get off of it its crazy to look back and say damn havnt done shit in a month, n remeber when goin a whole day seemed like a death sentence...

Id love to be free from this. A gram a day is a lot considering ive olny been hooked on smack for about a year and a half. My last full withdrawal was from morphine it was really bad still to this day i have dreams about how bad it was especially because i was put on a 72 hour hold and was stuck at the fuckin detox

yea i was shootin dope for little over a year... bout 15 months... and i was doin half a g a day... and yea i went to two detox facilities... they fuckin suked so damn much... i basically stayed 4 days and was like ok fuk this im out this bitch n gona go get high... itd be alot easier in them places if they gave ya some shit to do other then sit around watch old ass movies and talk about drugs all day with other addicts... shit the first one i went too was super lax... we could walk out and smoke cigs when ever we wanted to and these girls had someone bring em some weed and we blazed up a little and it helped soo much... hell i guess their hopefully about to pass a medical marijuana bill in WVA that gives it to ppl for opiate addiction which kinda blew my mind having lived here my whole life and knowing how backwards some ppl think...

but for real tho, there were def some times i never thought id be able to stop and didnt see any reason too... but once your able to and you get your mind right for a little bit youll be amazed when you look back at yourself now... just hang in there, shit it took me a fuck load of attempts to finally get it right and had i not caught a pretty serious charge id prob still be fuckin up, guess everyone has that point where its just like enough is enough and your ready to do it... just dont give up, even if it takes ya 100 trys to get clean, eventully itll stick

mabe look into an IOP program... that shit also helped me out soooo fukin much

Sure it's safe, but good luck to you if you can pull it off. I used to tell myself all the time that I would be responsible since withdrawal was so bad, and make it last. Five minutes later, I had already rationalized to myself exactly why it was important to shoot everything I had all at once.

If you can do it more power to you, but it certainly wasn't easy for me in practice.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions I'll put them all into consideration. Maybe ill enter rehab again like i said last experience was not good i was too sick to eat or go to any of the meetings or programs the whole time i was there. Pretty strict on me probably because i was an complete asshole wouldn't even let me go out for a smoke the whole 72 hours i was there because they thought i was gonna run (i was)

Weening is always possible just with dope and it's varying potency it becomes harder. If you have sustained release morphine that could be a good choice to transfer to fit a day or so when you ween the h out to clear the out before going off completely. I recommend taking the final dose as a bedtime dose too. Oxy/hydro/regular codine probably would not be as good of a choice as they bind to a secondary area and could make dependany slightly more developed while relieving symptoms.

Good luck with it.... The truth is though the only way to get off in the end is to stop using and quit using.

I was thinking to just get a shit load of high potency china white so i can taper off. Cant switch to pain pills because i get no effect from them :(

Make sure it's actually heroin and not fentanyl. Fent would only make things worse and require dosing every 30-60 minutes. Careful on your choices.

Switch to morphine when you ween down as the last couple doses just to clear out the last of the dope.... Just so when you stop using you know what's clearing out of your system vs whatever dope blend you get.

Yes its heroin (at least that's what the piss tests say) hopefully i can score morphine for the end of the weening if i do it. Dealer doesn't sell morphine hope i can find it.

my friend is getting clean too hes not a heroin addict but i think it'll be easier too have somone too go through this with.

Community is definitely key to recover, but suboxone may be a good alternative to morphine of you find a clinic. Avoid methadone! It will be a b to get off

No methadone for me 2 people close to me cant get off of it i don't just want to trade my addiction for another addiction.

If you follow a proper taper with the done, you will avoid switching 1 for the other.

If i can get off of it and thats a big if im gonna stay clear of everything last time i got straight i became a alcoholic.