• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin-suboxone Mg dosage

Pineappleexpress42

Bluelighter
I know their is a lot of information out their about using heroin after suboxone and the best advice is wait 24-36-48-72 hours if you can to feel full effect. I realize this depends also on how long you have been using suboxone/ frequency and the mg used. I was winding if anybody had an idea for mg- hrs you should wait to feel most if not all effects of heroin assuming the person only uses subxone very occasionally.

How this goes into my situation, is I took about 3 mgs of suboxone leading up to my last dose of 1 mg or whatever to equal 3 mgs in total by noon today. It is now 10 o'clock and I'd like to know if tonight being 10 hrs later or by the time I wake up 18 hrs it would be ok to use and feel effects. I've only used subs the past 2 days and I know your advice will probably be 24-48 etc but I was just curious to if you guys knew a general mg-hr of suboxone. Perhaps how quickly naloxone starts to stop binding to the receptors per mg? I don't know. Any ideas feel free to add :)

Yo, it has to do more with the dose than with the time, though 72 hours is what i always recommend (half life being 36hours)....when I took blocking dose (~2mg) I had to wait or take hefty doses of opioids to get a slight buzz...but when I was wearing the Butrans patch (wearing just one, preferably a 10mg one).

I thought with patches it was all the same causse i've been scripted 4x20ug/hr 20mg Butrans at first...there were no pills and I needed it for manteinance, as I said I'm blessed with having doctors with empathy and knowledge about addiction.....

Well big mistake, once I was traveling thru South America with my later to be former wife.... I forgot.lost the patches and i got in a panic, called all my doc contacts and my int'l medical insurance, I was at the best hospital in the town 4 hours after getting of the plane...and well we looked like foreig drugged out drug geeks... They treated me like shit until I started calling my doctor/professor/connected people list and putting them on speakerphone...the nurse put me in a wheelchair and in 10 mins i was with a rotor who wanted to give me morphine, I explained about the precipitated wf's and I also explained how I had read that county's Vademecum and knew they had Buprenorphine patches (he had no idea what Bupe was and was the head of the polytoxicomany dept.)...well he couldn't believe I was articulate, let alone smart and leading a life being on all the drugs I was scripted, he was scared shitless about how much benzos I took....well I got the patches, didn't expect much, ended up wearing up to 5 35mcg/hr together a day (well3 days, that's how much they lasted) Transtec patches cause there were no bupe pills for manteinance on that country, and no opioid could break through, I nodded and was great for sex, eventually I weaned off the obscene amount, the docs were so dumb they thought there was just one patch in the box when there were 5 (I saved so much $) so I was getting 5 20mg 35ug/hr patches every 3 days, at a really conservative country with more conservative doctors...and they were more amazed at my benzo tolerance, my medical knowledge and contacts and the fact I didn't hide I was Jewish and wore more make up than my 10year younger Asian American Girlfriend that spoke no spanish, and the fact that we were obviously big time druggies but had all these academic knowledge, were Aesperger weirdos in such a Catholic country (the 2nd most Catholic country in the world, the country of Pinochet) scared them way much more and they ended up being much more script happy...I could always call an American Psychiatric Association asshole and put him on speakerphone and i ended up telling the Pinochet Loving 70 year old Doctor what and how to write and the local laws regarding the drugs he was gonna script me....can't complain, I heard a story about this guy that forgot to take Loperamide to Cuba....Shitty Trip literally), taking really low sublingual doses doesn't interfere with the high of other opioids.....but I'm talking 125mcg doses, I also felt great on the first days before withdrawal set in...I'm clean of bupe for 29days, think 30 today :) if you have access to both H and Bupe an dunno if you're gonna be using H that day try doing sub-blocking doses, that way you also get more of the norbuprenorphine which I found really anti-depressant!

A combo I liked doing but that you'll probably all hate is Buprenorphine and Tramadol, doesn't matter the dose bupe doesn't block Tramadol, and tramadol doesn't cause precipitated wd's...guess I lime more the antidepressant and really light opioid effect....but when 30mg hydrocodone don't break through 300mg tramadol did....sorry for the rant hope was hopeful....you scripted the bupe? for how long you've been taking them?

Naloxone has nothing to do with it....it's the way high dose bupe binds to your opiate receptors in your brain....since you've taken a blocking dose you're gonna have to wait :/ bupe is a bitch, but it's a lifesaving bitch!!! Now I hope to never need that Bad Bitch again, buit respect the bupe...maybe have some laying around for emergency but if you're gonna do full-on agonists maybe better save the bupe for rainy days and acknowledge it's blocking properties and long ass half life, or really try to use it to quit (lol it took me 13 years to quit opioids and almost 5 to quit bupe, and I'm still on drugs and enjoy them....I like opioids way too much and worked the system to always have them scripted for a really low price and it was really ruining my life...basically all I built with correct bupe use and leaving other opies I broke down prolonging the bupe use for it's antidepressant/social/IBS/sexual effects... I was this persona that was addicted but legally so all the shit I did in the past that was frowned upon now was validated and some people even saw me as inspiration...I have to admit though last time around in NJ/NY I copped all sorts of shitty and great drugs, lived in Souther Boulevard and 180 for a couple of months and knew the Puerto Ricans slanging and spoke in spanish with them and never bought an opie, except for some bupe pils...) so good luck, you are blessed to have access to bupe.....just know when it's time to jump, and try to not increase your dose, the people I one that took unnecessary high doses (16, even 32mg sometimes for a 400mg oxy habit) all relapsed, quit bupe treatment or are still on high doses and can't get high of anything fun.....IIRC Cap'n Heroin took/was taking 125mcg doses, and that's what I was taking before I went to zero and well after tapering for a good while I can tell that's where the sweet spot is at.....I snorted bupe back in 2005 when it came out with my homies and I didn't liked it at all, this friend from California came over and brought over about 4 8mg pills, we snorted one between, my homie (rip, old skool bler) who had a hefty opie tolerance and was an everyday user and had prepared for 5 days, he was puking non-stop and my old-skool homegirl (who was a chipper but could withstand all sort of chemicals though she was thinner,young female and even more caucassian and nerd looking than I am) was sick for 3 days...as in she couldn't move, she was nodding in and out but not in an enjoyable way, might have puked in one of those airplane sick baggies that we collected by the thousands from a friend that worked at an airline at that time of our opioid addiction, and damn they were/are fucking useful!!!

Next time I did bupe with my homie we did a really low dose IV'd (we ordered micron filters but came after), double barrel filtered and it still looked like tang and it had that metallic stain in the back of your tongue H shot feeling and was euphoric but chill, we chilled at my old place watching movies and shooting the shit, next time we micron filtered it (I kept my homegirl away from IV use, and she never wanted anything else to do with bupe after that first and only time) and did 2 spaced 0,5mg shots the second with 25mg ketamine a fter being opiate free (well tramadol and lope) for about 4days and it was a total different high, more 'uppity' no rush, but 5-10mins into it everything was amazing, and with the K it was crazy, there was a really nice synergy....I don't recommend IV bupe use at all, I enevr did again after that....but well there are ampoules for veterinary use, if I ever came across some of those I might give 0,25mg a try...basically if you filtered it well and was using the buses without all that tang filler crap it might be more practical/economical to IVbupoe rather than H and then taper to maintain with Bupe.....the guy I bought (well exchanged for some sublingual clonazepam) the bupes from last time in Bronx said he preferred the rush of IV bupe to the rush of IV H, I even told him that if he gave me his bupe I'd give him $/go and buy H for him but he really liked his IV bupe.....once you find the hot sop it's really nice, that's why I only did it a few times when i was younger and dumber....but I've read about people that have great filtration and conservation techniques and well...I know how it is, but well if you're already getting buses and using the needle I know after H it feels like nothing.....but it's rally a heaven sent....doesn't matter how you start taking it...mods please delta if you don't consider this Harm reduction....I really think it is, I just rant too much

I've posted this elsewhere, but my guidelines go like this:
2mg - 24 hours
4mg- 48 hours
8mg- 72 hours

That's for using regularly, so for a single dose take 12 hours off. That's just my experience though. I can usually tell if the subs will still block, and the best way to go is still to wait until you are feeling withdrawals coming on again. Keep in mind that since suboxone is very potent it can also increase tolerance depending on your habit, so for some people the blockage may be over but their tolerance may have gone up. That's more for people with habits of like 160mg of oxycodone or something, but once you get to above like 300mg of oxy (or the equivalent in dope) the subs shouldn't increase a tolerance like that, but rather just keep it there.

^I agree with those. I am on the shorter end of needing to wait, but still I would expect to wait those times if I wanted full effects, or pretty damn close to full effects. And as well, I also go by the simple fact that if I am feeling withdrawal I can get high.

I can say from personal experience that is mostly correct. To feel the "full" effects you do need to wait 24-72 hours. However I have from time to time decided to use during my 3 years on subs. What I found worked for me through trial and error was a speed ball. If you add a little bit of hard white it can help achieve better effects. I would take my 16mg of subs at 9am then 12 hours later I would be able to get high. I mixed the hard up with some vitamin C to break it down then I would add it to my shot after it was already cooked. Bam zam chazam there would be a rush not as intense and a high as well. Then the next day I would be able to take my sub as normal with no I'll effect. The trick is the 12hr Mark sooner and it won't work later and you risk precipitated withdrawal the next day. I am not saying this is a good idea or to try it just simply putting the information out on a question that's been asking thousands of times.

For me personally it seemed to be around 8 hours per mg taken once you get over 2mg.

2mg blocks for a day + 8 hours for any mg above 2

but that is in no way an exact science