• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin, Speed

meggsie1970

Greenlighter
I was addicted to IV heroin and speed. I have been clean for 18 yrs now but I nearly lost my kids and family.
The worst thing is that I have taken to ICE. I only do it on a Friday night.But if anyone would like to talk im here. By the way I'm 48 so I was 30 when I gave up
Cheers

Welp ill post, ive been taking more and more amphetamines recently to substitute my crack use and ive been worrying about Dopamine depletion, have you any experience with dopamine depletion? ( i also take heavy opiates daily for pain) and i kinda hate that the opiates enable me to both smoke more crack and or take more speed during binges

Hi, Meggsie, thank you lots for creating this thread and congratulations on the 18 years off the smack! I've been reading these forums for years, but finally registered just a few minutes ago. Anyway, I've been using speed since I was 14-15yo and heroin since I was 25-26yo. (I have quit heroin twice but never more than a few months at a time. The speed is just something I do cause it's always around, I have stayed away from it for years at a time without any problem. It usually just makes me feel far less of the opiate and basically I feel Hi, Meggsie, thank you lots for creating this thread. I've been reading these forums for years, but finally registered just a few minutes ago. Anyway, I've been using speed since I was 14-15yo and heroin since I was 25-26yo (I have quit heroin twice but never more than a few months at a time. The speed is just something I do cause it's always around, I have stayed away from it for years at a time without any problem. It usually just makes me feel far less of the opiate and basically I feel like I'm wasting my H if I use speed with it. I'm 36 now and actually want to quit now, for myself. Every other time I tried, it was always for someone else (girlfriend, cops, family, etc.) I'm wasting my H if I use speed with it.) I started using speed because my mom has always used since before I was born. I started using heroin a couple years after a rollover car accident (when the pills stopped working). I smoked it for a few months before I realized I was wasting it and quickly began banging it. I feel sometimes like (Mentally) the needle addiction is nearly as strong as the addiction to H. I know whenever I do finally get the courage to try to break this addiction it's going to be as hard as ever. Sorry for the long ass story lol. I mostly wanted to ask you if the cravings for H ever diminish or go away? Also, how did you overcome not only the withdrawls, but the cravings to relapse? Thank you, keep it up!

Mikey P

Welp ill post, ive been taking more and more amphetamines recently to substitute my crack use and ive been worrying about Dopamine depletion, have you any experience with dopamine depletion? ( i also take heavy opiates daily for pain) and i kinda hate that the opiates enable me to both smoke more crack and or take more speed during binges

Strange that Opiates and Crack wouldn't make you vomit right away. That combo is known to do that. Puking non-stop and uncontrollably -moments after the blast.

Strange that Opiates and Crack wouldn't make you vomit right away. That combo is known to do that. Puking non-stop and uncontrollably -moments after the blast.
Well, ive taken heavy opis daily for 3 years now and ive been known to have an iron stomach, last time i puked was about 6-7 years ago when i had a baaad case of the flu ^^ i genuinely have ZERO problems taking opiates and crack together infact once in awhile if ive been going at the pipe for too long ill pop half my dose of oxy and that tends to stop the fiending and somehow allows me to space my hits out extremely well, talkin 10-40+ min apart from eachother ^^

Well, ive taken heavy opis daily for 3 years now and ive been known to have an iron stomach, last time i puked was about 6-7 years ago when i had a baaad case of the flu ^^ i genuinely have ZERO problems taking opiates and crack together infact once in awhile if ive been going at the pipe for too long ill pop half my dose of oxy and that tends to stop the fiending and somehow allows me to space my hits out extremely well, talkin 10-40+ min apart from eachother ^^
Interesting.

Interesting.
just bear in mind, everyone reacts differently, and i'm a chronic pain sufferer on heavy opiate pain managment i USED to experience nausea from my morphine, but that stopped after the first month, 3 years down the road and i don't get ANY naursea or negative effects other than the positives from any opiate i take, including heroin occasionally if i triple my dose i'll be subjected to minor to moderate respiratory depression, but thats a given

The depletion is part of the problem, is my guess. You could increase your dopamine precursor's in your diet. And still be faced with tolerance to it.

And you are right, Amphetamine's are very good at masking the lesser desired effect's of other drugs. And visa versa. It enable's me to smoke weed and boost it's productive capacity in full gear. Balances nicely with Alcohol. Some add a downer here and there.

The slippery part of stimulants is they almost beg for combination's.

Meggsie1970, welcome on here btw. You seem like you could have some personal take on the subject Amphetamine's.

With or without other drugs? I can't imagine without, but it could be possible.

The depletion is part of the problem, is my guess. You could increase your dopamine precursor's in your diet. And still be faced with tolerance to it.

And you are right, Amphetamine's are very good at masking the lesser desired effect's of other drugs. And visa versa. It enable's me to smoke weed and boost it's productive capacity in full gear. Balances nicely with Alcohol. Some add a downer here and there.

The slippery part of stimulants is they almost beg for combination's.
yep, i dont usually give in unless i feel moderate to severe uncomfort from the negatives however ONCE IN AWHILE with my crack if i wana take a big ass blast, i'll take half a dose of either my morphine or my reg dose of oxy (to lower bp and heart rate) and then take my blast and go to heaven oddly, ive attempted crack + benzo at same time, benzo cancels out my crack high whereas it synergises with the amps reducing most of the negatives

I fell into deep depression after a month long 30-day speed binge/bender; hey I was on holiday. Anxiety came along with it. Eventually went back to baseline or back to DOC opiate baseline.

I fell into deep depression after a month long 30-day speed binge/bender; hey I was on holiday. Anxiety came along with it. Eventually went back to baseline or back to DOC opiate baseline.
How longd that take ( ill take into consideration that my heavier amp use is only a few days long and try to get a rough estimate from your answer) because i know the brains amazing at healing and restoring itself ( thankgod) what ive never found an answer to is whether when dopamine transmitters close off if they ever reactivate, scary thought

How longd that take ( ill take into consideration that my heavier amp use is only a few days long and try to get a rough estimate from your answer) because i know the brains amazing at healing and restoring itself ( thankgod) what ive never found an answer to is whether when dopamine transmitters close off if they ever reactivate, scary thought
Hi Zonxx,

After daily use for 30 days doing about 2-4 regular sized lines a day, anxiety and depression kicked in once I stopped due to what you said sudden major drop in dopamine levels. I was so afraid of the future, so afraid of tomorrow and the week after. Questions like what if I could never work a job again in my life and I have this payment and that payment to make etc... totally irrational thinking. Took clonaz only 1mg per day for 5 days then stopped with Clonaz. 2 weeks or more for my specific genetic disposition and natural attraction to Opioids to "snap out of it" and work jobs. Havn't touched amps for 3.5 months. It was fun though while I was completing massive projects that would have taken months to accomplish in a day or two on amps.