• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

heroin powder

kabaka

Greenlighter
Tried h for the first time a few years ago smoking tar, loved the blissed out feeling.

Three years later, thought I'd give it another go. This time could only get hold of the beige type powder.

Wanting to play it safe, i did a matchstick size line, waited 20 mins, did same again. After an hour i was in a nice place but nothing still compared to whem i smoked it. So i did another line, this time double the size of the previous two. Felt good but still not quite that blissful nod feeling i remember from smoking. Soon after i passed out.

When i woke up i had a pretty bad histamine reaction, puffy eyes, lumpy throat and had to spend the day in bed to get over the 'hangover'.

my questions are:

1) is the histamine reaction/hangover i had normal or did i do something wrong? would taking an anti-histamine simply solve the issue?

2) why did the lines i was snorting not get me to that blissful place i know h can? is it because i snorted it? Snorted too little? ppor quality product?

bit of background I'm not completely opite naive, have dabbled with 300mg of codeine and same amount of dhc but not all that regularly.

Maybe it was the cut? I don't know. That's never happened to me.
I started out snorting, then smoking, then iv. Smoking seemed more intense because it hit me quicker but after the rush, it felt the same. Of course nothing beats iv.
That's my experience.
Also, I've never done anything but powder (being in Florida) I've never seen tar.

Sorry if this is a basic question, what do you mean by 'the cut'? the stuff it was cut with?

Oh, yeah, sorry. Maybe something it was cut with is causing a histimine reaction. I think, I'm not sure, I read somewhere that H can cause a histimine reaction hence the itchiness.

Is it normal to have a hangover the next day? With codeine i get basically no hangover but this h laid me out for the day. If so, any tips for minimising the hangover?

It does happen. It would happen to me when I first started.
Basically, besides doing more opiates (kind of like the hair of the dog kind of thing)
Treat it like you would an alchohol hangover. Stay hydrated, eat if you can and I used to try to sleep it off.
I don't know that there is much you can do before hand to minimize them.