• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin. Potential Absess, worried. ;/

infoseeka

Greenlighter
Hi, i am new to the site.

It has been approximately one week since i injected both black tar and cocaine. I injected approx 5 units (.1g of tar and ab .1 of cocaine) into my left arm.

I did more as the night went on but into the other arm, as almost immediately my left arm started to appear blotchy. As if i had missed a bit i guess? It nummed up and i felt the rush though. Perhaps not as much as usual im not sure?

As i said this was a week ago, my right arm is fine...and my left arm has maintained a constant soreness. At first there was mild redness and i thought a bit of swelling, that seems to have gone away. However i felt above the mainline vain left arm and it seems to have gotten a tad "harder" and i feel what seems like a slight bump in the arm. perhaps a centimeter in diameter. I read some of the sites previous posts and applied heat to it (hot rag soaked in hot water inside a plastic bag) for about 30 min.
After doing so the redness is now very clear and splotchy on the left arm. Wondering if that was perhaps the infection rearing its visible head i applied a hot rag to my right arm for about 10 min. There is very mild redness that seems to be subsiding, while the left is still very much red and splotchy.

Also a side note, i have a pull up bar in my door...and it hurts very much after doing 30 or so pullups throughout the day.

Any suggestions, thoughts, or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been reading about amputations and blood clots and have worked myself into angst.

Cheers.

EDIT : Also, i self administered 500mg of Amox/Clav (substitute for Augmentin) in case of infection. I only have 3 (2 left) of these pills laying around the house...but would prefer to not go to a doctor if can be avoided.

Last edited:
if it is a missed shot i had same experience my arm swelled up bad i went to er room they gave me augmentin 650mg every 6 hours flucanzole 1000mg every 4 hours for a week but does take a few weeks for it to totally get better

if it is a missed shot i had same experience my arm swelled up bad i went to er room they gave me augmentin 650mg every 6 hours flucanzole 1000mg every 4 hours for a week but does take a few weeks for it to totally get better

How long did your arm take to start truly swelling up bad?

Because it appears as if the swelling has gone down (the large swelling) now there is a small lump as i said...which i believe is a new development.

How long before you finally went to the ER?

I have several of those little bumps that you've described, all up and down my arm; none were ever abscesses. My mainlines are also 'hard', as you've described. Wish I had more info. to help you with, just throwin' down my $0.02

I have several of those little bumps that you've described, all up and down my arm; none were ever abscesses. My mainlines are also 'hard', as you've described. Wish I had more info. to help you with, just throwin' down my $0.02

Did they just clear up in time? What did you do?

it took about 24 hours to swell up bad a big lump very red round it and cellulitice like i say went down a lot after 5 days but took 2 weeks to look normal again but if i put my finger at the injection site it feel hard right the vein still-

Its often worse to take part of an antibiotic regimen than nothing at all, you really gotta take the whole thing to kill the infection or else you just end up making it stronger.

What if i start with that and then followup with another? Still pennicillin right?

you should go see a doctor.
and not every infection is cured with pennicillin, there are tones of anti biotics for different things