• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Methadone

losangeles1993

Bluelighter
Quick post ....I REALLY NEED ADVICE

SOOOO.....i have been using Black Tar H for 6 years but have been off black completely because of Methadone ( the pink color one they add little water) Soo prett much sober since Nov 1 2019 so 18 months I have this month off and I'm Soo done with this lifestyle....I need to get off of Methadone I'm at 65MG and ALWAYS been at 65MMG my plan is pick up 5 days worth of H then go cold turkey off that since I have all of June off....Also have 5 Strips of 8MGSuboxone but IM SO OVER OPIATES I WANT TO GO COLD TURKEY .....Any Ideas ANYTHING PLEASE

Do you like weed?
I am asking this because I have found that weed helped my opiate withdrawals better than any other comfort drug, and with less withdrawals

CT off of 65 mgs of methadone will be extremely unpleasant. Unless you have an iron will and good mental health I'm not sure you can achieve this.

Take the month of June and start tapering instead. You will be glad you did. If you don't taper first before you try and CT I am afraid you will just go right back to heroin full time. And please don't leave the clinic on bad terms. You may need to go back and dose once you find out how difficult it is to jump off of that much.

Be safe and Good luck.

I don't see the point in quitting methadone maybe cutting down yeah but jumping off all together when you've been in the game long enough and the withdrawals are so bad

Why stop so quick anyway? What’s the problem with weaning off over a year or so?i think you should start taking 2.5 mg less every two weeks, if you really want to be clean, using heroin to get off of methadone won’t help you, your just going to end up strung out on heroin again.
Did you guys know we can report our own posts? Wierd

Yeah, I’m not gonna beat around the bush here, because your plan will, in no uncertain terms, fuck up your life and any gains you’ve made in the time you’ve been on methadone. The H will not ease this process or make quitting any easier.
Many years ago I was on methadone myself for a similar amount of time and ended up feeling much the same way. I took the time to taper down from over 200mg over the course of 9 months with no real discomfort, then jumped off at 12mg thinking it’d be just fine. And it was fucking MISERABLE for weeks. I had comfort meds, but they didn’t even put a dent in what I was going through. I started drinking heavily and ended up back on the street shit just so I could get a night of sleep, which of course was not sustainable or controllable. I cannot emphasize enough how rough a jump from 65mg would be.

My advice - take the time to taper down to low single digit milligram doses, definitely less than 5, 1 or 2mg if possible. Switch to very low doses of Suboxone, taper off that.
I’m quite serious here. Because if you end up in a rough spot, the clinic might not have you back quick enough to help and you may well end up strung out again on the dope.

Quick post ....I REALLY NEED ADVICE

SOOOO.....i have been using Black Tar H for 6 years but have been off black completely because of Methadone ( the pink color one they add little water) Soo prett much sober since Nov 1 2019 so 18 months I have this month off and I'm Soo done with this lifestyle....I need to get off of Methadone I'm at 65MG and ALWAYS been at 65MMG my plan is pick up 5 days worth of H then go cold turkey off that since I have all of June off....Also have 5 Strips of 8MGSuboxone but IM SO OVER OPIATES I WANT TO GO COLD TURKEY .....Any Ideas ANYTHING PLEASE
How could any of us possibly know what you need to do at this point in time? It's a tempting offer that would feed my ego and be of dubious value to you.

Feel free to message me. Happy to share lessons learned from 14 years of mostly high-dose (120mg) MMT, ill-advised attempts to kick, tapering, hospitals, sober living beginning the longest period free from drugs & alcohol of my adult life, & my current modest use of kratom to manage cravings.

My two cents: your actions don't match your stated intentions... probably because you're stabilized and failing to see the virtues of that, trying to control the outcome which none of us can do. So
for now:
Give Yourself a Break

(And hold on to the Suboxone. In my opinion it's underutilised for what it does best: rapidly reducing dependency on pure agonists without heroic levels of suffering; depending on which dose you jump off at it could wind up being little more than garden-variety suffering.)

Link to post re SUBOXONE perils and potential:

Why stop so quick anyway? What’s the problem with weaning off over a year or so?i think you should start taking 2.5 mg less every two weeks, if you really want to be clean, using heroin to get off of methadone won’t help you, your just going to end up strung out on heroin again.
indeed this is the other pet peeve that I didn't mention people in the game always seem to want to just go superman style and just 'quit' and I'm not saying it's impossible but a little willpower and a lot of planning can go a long way and make the experience a lot more bearable none the less op remember no matter what I say or anyone else says only you know what's going on, on the inside know what I mean? If you think your ready to quit or if that's how you wanna do it who are we to tell you otherwise either way I wish you luck and hope you manage to pop your chest back out the ground.

I've heard of people doing that switching over to heroin, letting their brain adjust for a few weeks to become dependent on the opioid with the shorter half life, then only having the traditional 3 says of suffering rather than 30+...

This should never be attempted by anyone, it will result in misery, I know first hand.

I jumped off 110 mg of methadone with a 10 day subutex and temazepam taper.

It was bad. But I survived. You just need to want out enough.

I remember day 4 no subs I called my methadone clinic at 5 am talked to my therapist and was gonna go get my 30 mg start over and leave the halfway house I was in.

I was literally too weak to even call an Uber to get there and it was raining and I just sat there and cried.

Honestly coming off subs and Oxys was almost as bad.

I had a cold sweat drenched in sweat for about 3 weeks and my sleep took at least a month to come back but I survived

how did it go for you?
I graduated 9 years ago, haven't been back except once to say hi to my counselor. He's an old school junkie from the 60s may be retired now. Black guy always had the Bible but never once thumped it.

At the time I was completely clean and sober which was an incredible time of real Joy which I got to own it was mine. More recently I started taking kratom in moderate amounts. What caused me to relapse was I started gambling

I'm a 15yr methadone addict much better than grade 3 afghani.hoewever kashmir white grade 4 is worth using but caution n less is more is the key

I remember day 4 no subs I called my methadone clinic at 5 am talked to my therapist and was gonna go get my 30 mg start over and leave the halfway house I was in.

I was literally too weak to even call an Uber to get there and it was raining and I just sat there and cried.

I had a cold sweat drenched in sweat for about 3 weeks and my sleep took at least a month to come back but I survived
I'm astonished as to how many people put themselves through that. I mean it doesn't HAVE to be horrendous. There's places where you can get weaned off opiates under medical supervision, and you'll be medicated as needed with painkillers, sedatives, anti-diarrheals etc to take the edge off the worst of the physical & mental symptoms. Still not a funfair ride but makes things a lot easier. And most countries if you're experiencing acute withdrawal from opiates, tranx or alcohol, and you go to emergency, they're legally obliged to help you out.

fuck that think I would be dead by day 2

I'm astonished as to how many people put themselves through that. I mean it doesn't HAVE to be horrendous. There's places where you can get weaned off opiates under medical supervision, and you'll be medicated as needed with painkillers, sedatives, anti-diarrheals etc to take the edge off the worst of the physical & mental symptoms. Still not a funfair ride but makes things a lot easier. And most countries if you're experiencing acute withdrawal from opiates, tranx or alcohol, and you go to emergency, they're legally obliged to help you out.
I'd be willing to bet money that in most countries they don't give you anything if you show up to the ER with opioid abstinence syndrome, which is not to diminish the amount of suffering involved. I had another counselor who was on methadone for a long time maybe 20 years and then decided after short taper that he was through. Done.

What happened? I asked

I didn't sleep for 6 months he answered. I had major respect for that guy which made it hard to manipulate him. So I decided to go to a different Clinic 😂

I'd be willing to bet money that in most countries they don't give you anything if you show up to the ER with opioid abstinence syndrome, which is not to diminish the amount of suffering involved. I had another counselor who was on methadone for a long time maybe 20 years and then decided after short taper that he was through. Done.

What happened? I asked

I didn't sleep for 6 months he answered. I had major respect for that guy which made it hard to manipulate him. So I decided to go to a different Clinic 😂
buggeration. I am spoiled Xd