• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin, last time IVing

stonedsam

Greenlighter
So I wanted to try heroin and experience the rush at least once. I got some tips about the proper dosage on this forum and tested that dose by snorting first. Very helpful.

So I did experience a good rush this time, but I also felt incredibly dizzy and had to puke a few times. Soon after, I fell asleep. When I woke up I felt sick, I was thirsty but all the water I drank would come right out again. I thought it might need some food, but the peach didn't last very long in my stomach either.

I am glad to have "experienced" heroin. But if It is up to the me of now. I will never IV heroin again. Although the first trips were milder, they also made me much less sick than I am now. I guess that makes me lucky.

Anyways, I was wondering how to start feeling better. What can I possibly eat and any other solutions? Some vitamins? At least vitamin C shouldn't be a problem ;)

Last edited:
Heroin is much of an acquired taste. Most people don't love it the first time (unless of course they have alot of experience with other opioids), but learn to love it. It's not like amphetamine or MDMA with a crazy euphoria. It's more subtle, and more about dulling pain and anxiety rather than inducing happiness. And to that, most people - like you - feel sick and puke alot when they start opioids.

And to really get the most out of heroin, you have to be severely addicted to it. You won't get that complete blissful rush unless you're in withdrawal and then go from sick to the seventh heaven within 15 seconds.

On how to get better: if you aren't physically dependent on heroin, you won't crash nearly as hard as on amphetamine or MDMA. It will just pass. You don't have to do anything particular unless you've been close to death (which you haven't). Don't go hard on benso or alcohol or other GABA-drugs as they are depressants too and might lead to an OD. I'm not saying that you'll die if you take a glass of wine, but be careful.

Yes, most people don't realize that the majority of opioid naive individuals do no enjoy the heroin experience. I would be surprised if as many as even 50% of such individuals continue to experiment with heroin to the point of developing a full blown habit.

The rush was quite nice and the previous time I had shot heroin, it was very nice. I am a person that worries quite a lot and the first time i ived that was something I could let go of. But I also believe it is an acquired taste.

I didn't feel like I would be t addicted, as I pretty much skipped straight to IVing before I had a habit (I had only smoked it three times).

But I'm very glad with this experience, because it has pushed me far way from IV'ing again.

Consider yourself lucky and resist the urge to try again.

Most people I hear swear up and down they only want to try it once, everyone else enjoys it they just want to know. "But I'm really scared of needles so you hit me". Then it's "ok, one more time tonight". Then it's ok just this weekend. Then they're over twice a day asking you to hit them. Then they just start doing it themselves. You can actually see the fear the prejudice about needles leave their body the moment the rush hits.
I've seen it happen a good dozen times now, exactly the same pattern every time. The only person I've even ever seen not follow the pattern is myself, who just always injected drugs because I worked for years in hospitals and never thought administering drugs that way was unacceptable.

That's a great thing to say StonedSam, & I'm glad that it has pushed you in the opposite direction. I only hope that it sticks now. :)