• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Heroin eh??

OpenGtuning

Bluelighter
I would just like to preface my statements by saying everyone is different so these are only my views personally on Heroin

After much internal debate i decided to give Heroin a tentative go.
Its pretty fucking underwhelming. To get anywhere decent on it the nausea becomes too much even with taking something to counteract it.
It gave me the munchies so much i ate sugar until i puked. The only respite was the coveted nod but even then i only relaxed into it to get away from feeling sick
Fuck that!!!

Now 2CB just tried today now that is a fucking drug!!

Feel free to scoff though if i'm on here at some point in future looking for advice as to how to kick a smack Habit lol

People usually get addicted to painkillers when they have actual pain, mental or physical

That's happened to EVERY opiate addict I know, and I personally know 100s of them.
Even with tolerance to pain pills, every person who I know that tried Heroin the first time, puked a couple hours or days after ingestion, including myself.

Only a handful of those people (10 or less) didn't get addicted to it.

Heroin is definitely on top of the list on love/hate drugs.

As for me, I've been a junky for over 10 years now, lol.

There are also the ones where the puking basically deterred them from continuing to use and possibly saved them from going down that road. After I'd started to sniff some lines daily for 2 or 3 months, sometimes with young adults or students from my school, just a group who hang out together, but when not using alone mostly with my best buddy back then (still wasn't physically addicted and ignored some warnings others who removed themselves from the group had given me) I used to come across one of my best friends in school before from time to time. He was a total pothead but had dabbled in Cocaine, LSD, Benzos and such but not H yet. He used 3 or 4 times with me and my buddy and since he asked us to prepare his line we did but tended to make them too big I guess. He puked each time and I believe after the second time he got so sick later on that he swore to never touch the stuff again. Nonetheless he wanted another go and used once or twice more with us and again puked on all fours till he dropped. He later told me it was the reason he didn't use again because the mere thought of the smell and the stuff running down your throat made him sick.

Then there's the drug of choice thing. I met people who tried H and granted they had high expectations because of all the media hype and stigma back then and after they'd tried it a couple times they were totally disappointed, like "that's it??, all that hype around that lousy high?! What a letdown!" and walked away from it forever. It just doesn't appeal to them at all.

This is extremely harmful as far as a post. Heroin seems like nothing at first, which is why people continue, but after getting past the nausea that's when it becomes a bad habit and physical dependany. I hope no one sees your part and thinks they should try heroin only to end up with a life long addiction that destroys their life. I can see you're already on the path to such an addiction.

First time I tried it is broke out in huge sweats and puked many times, how I wish this would have been enough to deter me or that I wish I never even tried it....

I have always thought why, if that had only been enough to make me hate it, but it's just warming you up to the biggest love hate relationship you ever could possibly know... fast forward to the last page of this book and is pure utter misery in the end, a saga you wouldn't wish on you worst enemy.... who by the way for this book turns out to be ones own self...

Heroin seems like nothing at first, which is why people continue, but after getting past the nausea that's when it becomes a bad habit and physical dependany. I hope no one sees your part and thinks they should try heroin only to end up with a life long addiction that destroys their life. I can see you're already on the path to such an addiction.

True, a lot of people addicted to heroin went through this very same experience and now they are trying to get off. Almost the same with cigarettes. The first ones are terrible but you go on and on, and later quitting is so annoyingly difficult. Not to mention alcohol, nobody I know, including alcoholics loved Vodka or Wisky at their first time.

First time I tried it is broke out in huge sweats and puked many times, how I wish this would have been enough to deter me or that I wish I never even tried it....

I have always thought why, if that had only been enough to make me hate it, but it's just warming you up to the biggest love hate relationship you ever could possibly know... fast forward to the last page of this book and is pure utter misery in the end, a saga you wouldn't wish on you worst enemy.... who by the way for this book turns out to be ones own self...

True. And the process can be very subtle in the beginning, esp. when one has no supply trouble or financial problems to continue to use regularly plus no one who drastically intervenes on your behalf so to speak. Even when one may be conscious somehow early on already that one is self-medicating for example and during these clear moments intuitively knows that it's just a matter of time till the perceived benefits will be outweighed by the downsides of drug abuse (known to you not only in theory but now you see the effects of longtime H addiction daily through all the hardcore longtime addicts you encounter in various ways) you'll rationalize your drug use or make up excuses why now is not the right time to undergo a drastic change or even seek help (yet) god forbid. H has a way to lull you in slowly but steadily and the addiction creeps up on you while you cross that invisible line and only later on, maybe after one of these reality checks, some incident, it slowly dawns on you what you're up against. But to grasp the real extent of the struggle you face takes still way longer to sink in, it's hard to put in words really.

Then there's the drug of choice thing. I met people who tried H and granted they had high expectations because of all the media hype and stigma back then and after they'd tried it a couple times they were totally disappointed, like "that's it??, all that hype around that lousy high?! What a letdown!" and walked away from it forever. It just doesn't appeal to them at all.

This

True, a lot of people addicted to heroin went through this very same experience and now they are trying to get off. Almost the same with cigarettes. The first ones are terrible but you go on and on, and later quitting is so annoyingly difficult. Not to mention alcohol, nobody I know, including alcoholics loved Vodka or Wisky at their first time.

Well first time I tried Whisky it tasted horrible but the feeling it imparted was Good.
Cigarettes are horrible and I nearly puked. The old cliche behind the bike sheds at school with the big boys smokin'
I got addicted to nicotine via smoking hash and I'm nicotine free now thank fuck.

In my first post I stated this was my personal experience on Heroin... Everyone is different and someone may love this drug. Even when I think of that sweet taste i feel ill. Maybe if I work at it I would enjoy it but I don't have the inclination. If people want to get pissy with me for stating my thoughts or think my post isn't in the spirit of Harm Reduction then the mods can feel free to close the thread.

To be clear I personally don't get the appeal. Where as I need to restrict alcohol and benzos and abstain from stimulants or my life turns to shit sooner or later.

Nausea in my experience is a very common side effect for many people who try heroin for the first time too (generally this is a common side effect of opioids given as painkillers as well). However, I myself have never experienced nausea from any opioid until the first day of buprenorphine maintenance when I suppose I was given too much, after 9 years of addiction. The first opioid I took was codeine, I took 100mg of codeine phosphate in 10 pills with some herbal extracts, washed it down with some beer and boy, was it a very nice, chilled out ride lasting for like 6 hours, I had never felt such a pronounced surge of inner peace, all worries and anxiety gone in a matter of 20-30 minutes and instead of that shitty feelings glorious serenity. I chatted to a guy I knew from a forum for a couple of hours, didn't like the guy at first, but with codeine I was free of prejudice caused by fear and anxiety. I managed to keep squeezing this joy of the codeine fruit for 1 year or so, then morphine and heroin followed. The first time I took heroin, I shot it up on the train back home, it was 1/3 of a 0.25g, again I felt the surge of inner peace but I was taken up in the heroin cocoon almost instantly, much deeper than first few times of codeine to the point of being slightly psychedelic when I found myself on the edge of nodding, felt barely any itching unlike with morphine but other than that what follows minutes after the injection is very similar for both opioids. The world around me felt so "organic" and at the same time I was so distant from it feeling my body thoroughly anaesthetized and with my head up in the clouds swept by warm wind. The relief you feel when you take an opioid for the first time after suffering for months from depression, anxiety, and all the shit that eats you from the inside is indescribable, granted you perceive the high differently then, on top of that personal reaction to a drug can be very different. Many people I knew who started taking opioids didn't feel much during the first few times no matter whether it was codeine or heroin, with codeine often at the beginning all you feel is just itching and slight sedation, heroin is an opioid of a different calibre, so the side effects are stronger. One girl who used heroin for the first time in my presence continuously reported feeling very little although she was nodding out hard and puked like a cat, hard to believe it could feel so subtle being so strong at the same time.

That is not to glorify heroin or other opioids though, the anxiety stronger than that you felt in the beginning, pain in all of your body with your mind and heart cracking while moving around restlessly bedridden smelling your vegetating shit for a week or more, all that start presenting a different image of opioids to you when you feel withdrawal for the nth time. An even deeper understanding of heroin doings comes when you realize how disabled you are mentally, physically, and socially after years on an elusive journey for eternal peace.

Well first time I tried Whisky it tasted horrible but the feeling it imparted was Good.
Cigarettes are horrible and I nearly puked. The old cliche behind the bike sheds at school with the big boys smokin'
I got addicted to nicotine via smoking hash and I'm nicotine free now thank fuck.

In my first post I stated this was my personal experience on Heroin... Everyone is different and someone may love this drug. Even when I think of that sweet taste i feel ill. Maybe if I work at it I would enjoy it but I don't have the inclination. If people want to get pissy with me for stating my thoughts or think my post isn't in the spirit of Harm Reduction then the mods can feel free to close the thread.

To be clear I personally don't get the appeal. Where as I need to restrict alcohol and benzos and abstain from stimulants or my life turns to shit sooner or later.
You're lucky you don't feel the appeal and I hope you never think back to the warm fuzzy nod in the future leading you to return. Also cannabis and hash has nothing to do with nicotine and tobacco.... I don't know why you see a relation in one and the other.

Also cannabis and hash has nothing to do with nicotine and tobacco.... I don't know why you see a relation in one and the other.

You"re right they have no relation apart from building a joint with tobacco and whats the other thing....
Oh aye hash.
Hence as a by product of smoking hash you also inhale nicotine.

No as a byproduct of smoking tobacco you get nicotine..... Just because it's your base for hash does not mean hash is the cause of ingesting nicotine. Being careless enough to roll hash with tobacco rather than nicotine or just buying a hash pipe is why nicotine is ingested. It's like saying weed led to nicotine ingestion because you smoked blunts. Again the nicotine comes from the tobacco the cannabis is rolled with not the cannabis itself.

Saying stupid things like hash leading to nicotine leaving out the obvious about mixing it with tobacco leads to the fear mongering anti drug propaganda that a weed cigarette has 10x more tar and nicotine than tobacco. Of course we are passed the days of such ignorance, but returning to that ignorance would be extremely bad and can happen even if it's beyond unlikely.

Okay I see the confusion I never stated explicitly that I got addicted to nicotine by using tobacco in joints.
I assumed it would be obvious in what I wrote but that's what assusimg does for ya.

Next time I will try to be more mindful of such things.
My apologies. Take it easy

Yeah I probably shouldn't have started the thread.
I was tripping like fuck and it seemed like a good idea.
The vibe I was trying to give off was about 60% relief I didn't like heroin and 40 of smugness as in.... Get it up you Heroin you ain't for me.

But it may come across as... Get it up all of you who do like it.

Of course why did I make the irrational decision to try it if I was so relieved not to like it.

I didn't intend to belittle anyone. For me im like a starving Polar bear in a seal colony when it comes to stimulants.
Once started its a fucking frenzy.

As said before it sneaks up on you with regards to H so I will keep this in mind.

I reckon tripping is the middle ground lol