• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin "drip" Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagel5673

Greenlighter
I snort heroin sometimes, I know a lot of people believe anything except for banging is a waste but I... just will never do that. But I remember once I did it and then went and snorted some water after to make sure it all got down and some guy was like "dude, you don't want heroin to drip. You want it all to get absorbed 'up here' because once it drips down it's useless." Does this statement have any merit? wouldn't you get really stuffed and it would still get too clogged to be absorbed if it stayed "up there"? Basically I am asking the most effective technique to snort H, or if anyone else has a technique besides banging that works better than snorting, instructions on that.

It is true that anything that drips down the back of the throat will have very little effect, but id imagine that sniffing water would only dislodge a small amount of material that was ever going to be absorbed. When you sniff stuff a good bit of stuff just stays in the nostrils, and like you says clogs the system up, so personally I think its a good idea to sniff a little water once in a while. Just leave a reasonable enough time after taking the line and it should be fine.

For most drugs that are commonly snorted, the intranasal BA is higher than the oral and this is true for heroin... Its not a total waste to swallow the heroin, but its less efficient.

Basically any drug you snort you're going to get a drip from. I would advise that you snort it trying to not let much drip and if you're worried about clogging, use some oxymetazoline (afrin, etc) sparingly to decongest and saline to clean out and moisturize but only a little while after you snort... 15-20 min I'd say.

This is very basic and there are lots of threads on snorting technique around so I'm going to close this. Search around for those threads and PM me if you have any questions.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.