• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin delayed absorption?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
So, after a night of smoking/snorting some #3 heroin I finally went to sleep. The heroin being #3 it isn't water soluble, and therefore less effective when snorting (it definitely worked though :)). I woke up this morning and coughed up some of the mucous in the back of my throat (I have a cold), and I noticed that there was still brown powder in the mucous (It's now 7 hours after last using). I snorted some water and blew my nose to get it all out, and suddenly I'm feeling like I took a small dose of heroin and my pupils are super constricted. Is there any way the heroin somehow found its way into a spot where it wouldn't be absorbed, but me coughing it up or snorting the water to get it out caused it to finally get absorbed? I'm going out to eat with my family soon so this is weird, but now I'm curious. It's like my body's own little heroin storage.

^So how was dinner? Did you end up with your face in a bowl of soup?

^So how was dinner? Did you end up with your face in a bowl of soup?
Fortunately not, haha. I was just cozy and small-pupiled for the first half of it. And my hearing was a little off, but that always happens on opiates for me.

To answer the OP: yes.

I noticed exactly what you are saying happen to me many times when I was snorting. Some amount of the drug gets lodged up in sinus cavity somewhere where it isn't properly absorbed. Later, like the next morning, I would snort and get what I considered to be a freebie dose.

To answer the OP: yes.

I noticed exactly what you are saying happen to me many times when I was snorting. Some amount of the drug gets lodged up in sinus cavity somewhere where it isn't properly absorbed. Later, like the next morning, I would snort and get what I considered to be a freebie dose.
I like that idea of a freebie dose. I won't say i didn't enjoy the surprise dose, I was just...surprised.