• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Comedown

I have seen some people with mild WD after about seven days of use, but never anything like WD after just one or two days in my 14 years, when they had not been addicted before. Of course, if they had been physically addicted it's a whole different story. But that's just my own experience. Might be I don't klnow so many opioid users who don't use daily o_O

EDIT: actually I'd like to remind people that almost everything on the internet is just subjective experience. This topic might be harmless, but some things some people say, especially about drugs, can put your life at risk! Don't just believe everything on the internet, people. Very important.

I have seen some people with mild WD after about seven days of use, but never anything like WD after just one or two days in my 14 years, when they had not been addicted before. Of course, if they had been physically addicted it's a whole different story. But that's just my own experience. Might be I don't klnow so many opioid users who don't use daily o_O

I'm not saying that one or two days use will result in withdrawal. What I'm saying is that one or two days use per week over a prolonged period of time can result in minor withdrawals that do not manifest until several days after your last use. At this stage you don't associate that 'off' feeling with the heroin, because of the time delay. But over time this delay becomes shorter and shorter. It only takes a slight increase in use for the delay for onset of physical symptoms to suddenly slap you in the face and make you realise that you need more heroin. This association is perceived as 'cravings'.

The psychological addiction has now become fused with physical withdrawals to create full on dependence.

Then you're fucked...

Last edited:
Reactions: DKs
Hm, interesting. I know,physical and psychological WD are very distinct, but no physical WD from psychological. I just can't really wrap my head around these rebound-effects, or whatever you might call this. As said: I've thus far never experienced or hear about them.

Its weird since its the same with drinking. Best way to cure a hangover at least for me to start drinking again. Goes right away. But was it a hangover, or physical dependence?

Physical and psychological are so intertwined with CNS depressants, they essentially go hand in hand. You can make yourself sick through fear. I remember once I was getting dope kinda sick. Hit a traffic jam. Looked out of my car and saw there was an accident and we will be gridlocked for a bit. The anxiety hit me so hard could barely sit still.

Or after you score you feel 10x better knowing you will be high in just a few.

Yes sure. Also whenever I did not have any opioids at all and I get dope sick, maybe due to a situation like you describe here, in my mind start to smell the Heroin dissolving on a spoon, my spoon, and I start o feel physical symptoms. Other opioids block it, though. So now that I'm on Methadone (50 mg) once more and because I take DHC sometimes as well, about 150 mg (plus-minus something), I don't feel this kind of craving any more. Cravings are now only purely psychological.

^Aren't hangovers essentially acute alcohol withdrawal?

AFAIK not exactly as a hangover is mainly induced by alcohols which are rather byproducts of the fermentation process. Not only, though. The entire truth is more complicated.

Hm, interesting. I know,physical and psychological WD are very distinct, but no physical WD from psychological. I just can't really wrap my head around these rebound-effects, or whatever you might call this. As said: I've thus far never experienced or hear about them.

I think that's because the descent into the abyss is commonly much quicker for most people. It took me 13 years from first taste to full blown addiction/dependence and it was a gradual process that snowballed as time went on. Although I had plenty of time to analyse the situation, it did absolutely fuck all to stop it.

Addiction is a foregone conclusion...

I think they are. Would make sense that starting to drink again takes it away.

I don't understand alcohol dependence. Its always a delayed onset, and delayed cure. Such a strange drug. Just know enough that I don't want to experience alcohol withdrawal ever again. And makes sense why my roommate comes home and literally chugs hard liquor out of the bottle until he levels off, then starts on the beer.

Now that I live with a drunk and Im not drinking. He is annoying as hell. Need ear plugs.

The only way to cheat the system is to quit before the negative effects become apparent, but the problem is you have so little motivation to quit before the negative effects become apparent. Usually when you first try opiates, you get a very good long lasting high with hardly any come down following. This makes you think opiates are awesome, so you continue using them but it's all down hill after that. Tolerance, dependence, addiction, withdrawal, come downs, diminished effects and the longer you use them for the worse it all gets. That's why I tell people, the key to drugs is quit while you're ahead. Of course hardly anyone listens.
I was actually thinking this many years ago lol! But who on earth would give up heaven after 4 days ;)

It can take as few as 3 days of usage for some people to start experiencing dependance.
That's only for someone who has previously been dependent on opiates 1 or more times in their life. Someone who's completely new or rarely uses opiates, NO way they could become physically dependent after only 3 days in a row using.

Yes sure. Also whenever I did not have any opioids at all and I get dope sick, maybe due to a situation like you describe here, in my mind start to smell the Heroin dissolving on a spoon, my spoon, and I start o feel physical symptoms. Other opioids block it, though. So now that I'm on Methadone (50 mg) once more and because I take DHC sometimes as well, about 150 mg (plus-minus something), I don't feel this kind of craving any more. Cravings are now only purely psychological.

AFAIK not exactly as a hangover is mainly induced by alcohols which are rather byproducts of the fermentation process. Not only, though. The entire truth is more complicated.

It's also dehydration, congeners, acetaldehyde and stomach upset. There isn't any single cause of hangovers, it's a combination of factors that lead to the after effects of alcohol.

I know a lot of people report differently, but for me personally more alcohol never cured hangovers. Yes, it can relieve some of the symptoms but if I was really hungover drinking more would just make me feel buzzed + hungover at the same time, not back to normal. The only time I can think of more alcohol curing a hangover is if I was just mildly hungover and then of course having a few more drinks would make me forget about the slight hangover I had before but then there is also the question how much of the effect was from alcohol relieving withdrawal and how much was simply the fact that alcohol has the general effect of making you forget painful feelings? It's definitely not instant relief in the way opiates almost instantly relieve opiate withdrawal. I remember drinking on days I was hungover and still feeling really bad and hungover after drinking several more beers.

Off real good heroin I rarely come down and if its been a while I sleep the entire next 24 or 48 hours. As if there's some severely sedating metabolite, super cozy and enjoyable in its own write