• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Comedown

Dimebag16

Greenlighter
Hi guys, hope you're all well. I use Heroin once or twice a week (Friday/Saturday). Sundays I'm usually exhausted and in a terrible mood - this can follow on through Mon/Tue sometimes. I'm wondering if you veterans know of anything you can do/take on the come down to make it a little easier. I tried a small bump of H once and it did seem to make the comedown a bit easier. Does anybody do that, or do/take anything else that makes it a bit easier?
I know it's a horrible drug so no lectures please - just if you have any ideas on easing the comedown that would be great - thank you!

What do you mean comedown? Heroin doesn't have any comedown or hangover that I am aware of, and if you're only using two days per week I don't really understand what you speak of.

What are the symptoms of your comedown?

Possibly withdrawals then... but I had the symptoms after the very first time I took it (one line) which made me think it's a comedown/hangover. Say I take it over the course of Saturday night, Sunday I would be a OK during the day, then pretty fatigued Sunday night and also pretty grumpy (prolly from feeling so tired). I'm very tired Monday too and it starts to get better after Tuesday. Mon/Tue night in bed I can have crap sleeps and my joints feel like I need to work them or they get the restless sore feeling.

Sounds like withdrawals (or a rebound effect) to me. Especially if taking more opioids makes them better, The timeframe lines up good with what I'd expect - with heroin/morphine the rule of thumb seemed to be the witdrawals kick in about 24 hours since the last dose.

Just because you use infrequently doesn't mean it can't be withdrawals.

Try taking a few weeks off and see if you feel better.

I agree with the others on here sounds like mild withdrawals. You are lucky brother this a little warning that opium beginning to take hold the withdrawals still mild try not overdoing it or leave more days before doing it . How long have you been using H have you been addicted to brown before then doing it two days in a row will give me mild wd but if you only been doing it two days then leaving it a week you should be ok

I’ve gotten a comedown/ hangover feeling after smoking black tar before. I would only do it a couple times a week just like you. It would be like a lethargic depressed feeling sometimes with a headache similar to an alcohol hangover. Doing more H always makes it go away but if you are all out you can smoke some weed or sometimes drinking a beer or glass of wine can help.

If you're getting a hangover effect from opiates then you've used too much too quickly. The only times i've gotten an opiate hangover that lasts multiple days is when I was staying up all night pushing the limits of my tolerance.

There isn't any way to counter this effect that i've heard of and the grumpiness sounds like a textbook case of opiate rage from lingering effects. The opiate rage is only going to get worse the more you use and there's not much you can do to control that.

What do you mean comedown? Heroin doesn't have any comedown or hangover that I am aware of, and if you're only using two days per week I don't really understand what you speak of.

What are the symptoms of your comedown?

Heroin does have a come down. Symptoms include headache, lethargy,depressed mood and irritability and thirst.

I haven't found anything that relieves it.

Could be a cut this batch I like sometimes you can tell it's cut with something gives me headaches in my experience their nothing that can't be solved with enough promethazine weed and music

I guess I was using more for a while - sometimes Thu, Fri and Sat. I did take a few weeks off as I was getting to a stage where I was either high or on a comedown (probably withdrawals). After a few weeks off the comedown was less, but I attributed this to changing from buying pure Double UO Globe uncut stuff to a cut/mixed standard product. I assumed it was weaker so the comedown was less.
I guess I'll have to admit this is withdrawals and watch what and when I take it. So nothing really makes the withdrawals easier - buy the ticket take the ride?

Opiates make you feel like crap and there's no way to cheat the system. I remember this youtube comment: "Opiates steal happiness from the future." The best quotes in life are always youtube comments. Regardless I have to say your infrequent use in a way (specifically because of heroin's variability) might go wrong at some point. If it were dealing with a measurable item like oxycodone with a milligram count it would be one thing... but you might get whooped at any moment with a bad batch. Be careful is all :)

Opiates make you feel like crap and there's no way to cheat the system. I remember this youtube comment: "Opiates steal happiness from the future." The best quotes in life are always youtube comments. Regardless I have to say your infrequent use in a way (specifically because of heroin's variability) might go wrong at some point. If it were dealing with a measurable item like oxycodone with a milligram count it would be one thing... but you might get whooped at any moment with a bad batch. Be careful is all :)

The only way to cheat the system is to quit before the negative effects become apparent, but the problem is you have so little motivation to quit before the negative effects become apparent. Usually when you first try opiates, you get a very good long lasting high with hardly any come down following. This makes you think opiates are awesome, so you continue using them but it's all down hill after that. Tolerance, dependence, addiction, withdrawal, come downs, diminished effects and the longer you use them for the worse it all gets. That's why I tell people, the key to drugs is quit while you're ahead. Of course hardly anyone listens.

Regular, yet infrequent use can result in minor withdrawal symptoms that you do not recognise as withdrawal because there are no associated cravings.

However, this is like skating on thin ice as all it takes is slightly more frequent use to fall into the abyss.

Get out now while you still can...

I would get something like this too at times. Especially good dope done late at night. Would wake up still high.

Most likely as descrbed its a rebound is all. You are just about dependent. When getting dependent the day after using is so-so, then the next day (or later at night) is when the withdrawal would start to really be noticed.

Regular, yet infrequent use can result in minor withdrawal symptoms that you do not recognise as withdrawal because there are no associated cravings.

I belief this is only true if you consume on a daily basis for several days or weeks and then take a break of several days/weeks.
I guess comedown or mini-withdrawals after just one day use are most certainly nothing but placebo.

It can take as few as 3 days of usage for some people to start experiencing dependance.

I belief this is only true if you consume on a daily basis for several days or weeks and then take a break of several days/weeks.
I guess comedown or mini-withdrawals after just one day use are most certainly nothing but placebo.

Sorry, but you believe wrong. It can creep up on you with only one or two days use per week. Regularity and infrequent, but prolonged use can be as bad as daily use. It takes a bit longer to bite, but it gets you in the end.

Sorry, but you believe wrong. It can creep up on you with only one or two days use per week. Regularity and infrequent, but prolonged use can be as bad as daily use. It takes a bit longer to bite, but it gets you in the end.

I think that's spot on to what I'm experiencing. I will be very careful thanks all!

Also consider other CNS depressants like alcohol and benzos. I believe even 1 use can hook the wrong person. His body will find a withdrawal the next day.