• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Heroin back to sub help

Tixit93

Greenlighter
I have a question regarding getting back on subs.

This morning I took a smaller than normal sub dose (approx 1mg) and tonight I shot up a small amount of heroin but did catch a buzz.

Am I going to have to wait all the way until I start to feel withdrawal to use my next sub dose or will I be able to take it sooner since I was already on sub when I dosed dope.

Not quite the basic "how long do i have to wait after heroin question" I feel, so sorry if the answers the same.

I have a question regarding getting back on subs.

This morning I took a smaller than normal sub dose (approx 1mg) and tonight I shot up a small amount of heroin but did catch a buzz.

Am I going to have to wait all the way until I start to feel withdrawal to use my next sub dose or will I be able to take it sooner since I was already on sub when I dosed dope.

Not quite the basic "how long do i have to wait after heroin question" I feel, so sorry if the answers the same.

This question never seems to end...

Any way I usually add very tiny amounts of sub to my system leading up to switching (.25mg) after using doc(aka heroin) just try to wait till you feel sick. Really try for 24 hours to not use, and you should have success. Much luck!

And just FYI I took my sub dose plenty of times after 8-10 hrs(heroin), but it depends on how much you use, metabolism etc..

Wish I could say it better but I'm currently 8 days of methadone ct about to switch back to subs

Last edited:
It's different for everyone,
My mate has to wait 20hours before she can start the subs again,
For me it more like 14/15 hours,
Find it easier to smoke at night before going to sleep, by the time I wait up I only need to be in WD for a few hours before starting the subs,
Days I can't go through the WD I take some Xanax which do help a lot