• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Heroin and Oxy no longer make me nod, the opposite now days

mazda01

Bluelighter
When I first started using oxycodone i would nod all the time if i wanted to, just had to sit down and i would drift off into wonderland. For the last few years of my use it's more an energetic euphoria these days. Has this happened to anyone else? I started using heroin about 6 months ago where as previously i would only do pills cause i didn't know where to get heroin. well i finally ran into a connect and tried it out. I only would snort it and i wouldn't nod at all unless i was also on benzo's which i know is an easy way to the after life. Anyway, just last weekend i finally got shot up by another person cause i never did it before and I actually started nodding. I loved it but the person poked me like 6 different times and my arm was crazy bruising so i can't do that again. Still today my arm is stilll slightly bruised. ANyway, just curious why the ROA makes a different on weather or not i nod. Sniffing a lot still no nod, but when I shot up a tiny amount (way less than i would normally snort) i was nodding hard. Any answers are appreciated.

PS oh and I was sort of sad i didn't get the rush that everyone else mentions when shooting heroin. probably a good thing otherwise i'd be shooting more. lol

ROA can have,a influence on effects. When you snort, many drugs will not fully reach the blood to exert their actions and there can be a delay until peak effect. When you shoot stuff, it is by definition 100% bioavailable meaning you get all of it to the blood an immediately are at max effects (hence the rush). I am not sure why you didnt feel this but things like purity and tolerance are important, too.

6 times they poked you? lol what a noob. Either that or your veins are just naturally really difficult to hit for some reason...?

When I'd shoot/smoke tar, I would only smoke the drug if I was planning on going to sleep soon...because often when I'd shoot up I'd be "too high for sleep". It's kind of difficult to understand, as heroin is also sedating (substantially moreso than oxycodone, IME), but that was my experience. I would nod pretty hard often but "nodding" =/= sleep.

[MENTION=311014]Kittycat5[/MENTION] that makes sense. i'm also guessing that i didn't feel a rush because i didn't know what a rush feels like OR because it was such a small shot since i didn't want to OD my first shooting up. she said she had naloxone but i still insisted on a very small shot.

6 times they poked you? lol what a noob. Either that or your veins are just naturally really difficult to hit for some reason...?

When I'd shoot/smoke tar, I would only smoke the drug if I was planning on going to sleep soon...because often when I'd shoot up I'd be "too high for sleep". It's kind of difficult to understand, as heroin is also sedating (substantially moreso than oxycodone, IME), but that was my experience. I would nod pretty hard often but "nodding" =/= sleep.
she was an experienced IV user (her hands and arms proved it) but i guess she said that my vein was very close to the surface (must have been going all the way through it) cause it wouldn't register until it was almost pulled completely out. after i was tied off you could visually see the vein, we both could feel it plain as day as well, she was trying to hit the vein which was directly to the outside of the crook of my arm vein because my main crook arm vein has been used so much for donating plasma she didn't want to use that same spot in my left arm. that's another reason i can't be shooting because this week i couldn't go donate because they would've seen the bruising and not let me donate as they do a visual inspection of all sides of your arms and hands.
it just sucks i guess, using opiates has pretty much lost it's shine. i mean sure i get euphoria but it's nothing like it used to be. and despite knowing this i hadn't used for 2 days yet i still went out and bought a $20 bag tonight. and again i didn't nod, just slight itching and euphoria. oh well.....

I've known many experienced IV drug users that still can't shoot for shit. They'll run out of veins on their arms and immediately start begging people to hit them off in their jugular. It sounds like you had a missed shot, the BA for SC or IM injection of heroin is still much higher then insufflated. I'd say IM was about 90% as opposed to IV, 100%.