• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin and dry skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomber

Bluelighter
I used heroin after many months that I had stopped using. Feels great, but my face skin becomes rediculusly dry. Any sugestion to face it? Would aplying some oil on my face help?
Pls ask asap cause usually when that happens my face get's some scar-like signs that stay for about a week and I want to avoid that.

Last edited:
Have you tried lotion? I haven't heard of heroin WD causing dry skin, but I guess it might be possible?

It's not wd, I used heroin and that's what caused the dry skin. It doesn't happen always, but sometimes, and that's the case now. I don't have lotion sadly, but I hope there's an other way. Some yogurt maybe?

You need to get lotion... You can buy large bottles of the stuff for dirt cheap

So, basically any opiate causes dryness like this. It's the same reason why many opiate users experience constipation as well. The stuff just dries you up, from the inside out. I use lotion when things get bad, but the best thing you can do is get used to drinking LOTS of water. It will help, I guarantee, Good luck!

So you spent however much on dope for months, have money for yogurt, but can't buy some lotion, the thing most likely to help your skin issue? Heh.

Guys you got that wrong. It's not that I did heroin for months. I was clean for months and I used heroin only 2 days before. And it wasn't for money that I didn't have lostion, it was just to late to go buy and could only use things in my house.
Anyway, dryness is gone now, but if I ever do heroin again, Ill make sure I have the lotion first.

Last edited:
So, basically any opiate causes dryness like this. It's the same reason why many opiate users experience constipation as well. The stuff just dries you up, from the inside out. I use lotion when things get bad, but the best thing you can do is get used to drinking LOTS of water. It will help, I guarantee, Good luck!

Not really..... Opiates cause constipation by causing faecal matter to move more slowly through the large intestine. This causes MORE water from the faeces to get reabsorbed back into the body and makes your shit hard and dry. This would have the effect if increasing overall body hydration not decreasing it.

Not saying opiates don't lead to dry skin but it's not because being constipated "dries you up from the inside out" ....that's not how the body works.

I get dry skin on my face from using any opioid but I’m certain mine is from subconsciously rubbing/scratching throughout the day.

Yeah, was wondering if you were getting the itch, OP. Ooh it feels so nice but definitely not good for the skin.

^No I didn't even know that this thing exists until I made that post. Ill remember it next time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.