• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Addiction and Codeine Based Opiate Replacement Therapy

I've heard it's a myth about methadone and I've NEVER heard it concerning suboxone. Most junkies have bad teeth because they neglect physical hygiene, jack.

We have CODEINE CONTIN here (I used/have seen the 150 mg ones), I was actually thinking about it as opposed to buprenorphine or methadone.
I'm not a pharmacologist nor do I have a extremely large knowledge of it, so aye.

This would be ideal for me (CodiContin) but the thing that worries me is that it inhibits the very enzyme that metabolizes it.
I'm thinking more MSContin maybe...
When I decide to try kick again I'll ask about these things and post about what happened.

I've heard it's a myth about methadone and I've NEVER heard it concerning suboxone. Most junkies have bad teeth because they neglect physical hygiene, jack.

I also think its likely affected by the fact that opiates make a lot of people crave sweets and coming off any drug generally produces a similar effect... so people transitioning off their DOC and those who use higher doses of maintenance meds (especially methadone), probably crave sugar more and naturally some also neglect hygiene.

This is the problem when people have a little information but don't see the whole picture, they use ridiculously fallacious inductive reasoning and tout unsubstantiated bullshit as truth. (such as "I've seen some MMT users have bad teeth so methadone must cause tooth decay")

Last edited:
Why are people referring to Tramadol/Ultram as Tramal? Or are they talking about a different drug altogether?

Clonodine is only available by prescription in the US isn't it? If not how can one stumble across it?

^Because the proprietary (brand name) is Tramal in the following countries: Netherlands, Finland, Croatia, Morocco, Slovenia, Brazil, Chile, Romania, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and Switzerland. The generic name is usually universal but brand names vary from country to country.

Clonidine IS Rx only but since its not controlled its pretty easy to obtain through doctors, the internet and a lot of times dealers and other opiate users may have some leftover and lying around.

I also think its likely affected by the fact that opiates make a lot of people crave sweets and coming off any drug generally produces a similar effect... so people transitioning off their DOC and those who use higher doses of maintenance meds (especially methadone), probably crave sugar more and naturally some also neglect hygiene.

This is the problem when people have a little information but don't see the whole picture, they use ridiculously fallacious inductive reasoning and tout unsubstantiated bullshit as truth. (such as "I've seen some MMT users have bad teeth so methadone must cause tooth decay")

I've seen many antimethadone people use the argument concerning tooth decay and methadone but I haven't heard it with suboxone. I really hate rumors to be spread on this harm reduction site, esp. with valuable tools that help people get their lives together. And yes, I can see that craving sweets would def. cause more decay (I get this moreso with Xanax or any benzo). Remember folks, just because it happens to you doesn't make it a universal truth!
Cheers,
SW

I've seen many antimethadone people use the argument concerning tooth decay and methadone but I haven't heard it with suboxone. I really hate rumors to be spread on this harm reduction site, esp. with valuable tools that help people get their lives together. And yes, I can see that craving sweets would def. cause more decay (I get this moreso with Xanax or any benzo). Remember folks, just because it happens to you doesn't make it a universal truth!
Cheers,
SW

Universal TOOTH surely?