• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin 3 day bender advice

phillycheese93

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

So to cut to the chase, as stated in my title, went 3 days of IV heroin use. Previous full-time user for a couple years. Only dab every weekend or so.

I get withdrawals after 3 days use. I use kratom everyday (Bali) which I use for when I have opiate withdrawals and as a medicine for mental health reasons.

Now the kratom is working fine to prevent the withdrawals, but I have to take more than my daily dose and also have to dose like every two hours to stay comfortable.

The opportunity to take some methadone came up, and my question is whether or not this would bring the withdrawals down and gradually ease me out, considering its only been three days.

Or should I just continue to use more kratom?

The thing is I only have a take home final as my last college assignment before I graduate due on Monday but I don't want to be uncomfortable and I want to be able to concentrate.

Benzos are out of the question because I'm already taking them and have upped my dose.

What route should I go?

Just keep using the kratom and taper back down to your maintence dose. Plan ahead and bring a extra kratom dose to your exam.

Obviously, if you are dosing every two hours with minimal relief, it's probably time to find something to last longer.

The methadone thread has a lot of info.

As I've stated, I keep methadone on hand to take medication breaks and to ease withdrawals.

I never stay on dones more than a week, never take over 30mg in a 24 hr period. One 10mg md pill eases my symptoms for up to 4 hrs.

For me, dones works great by relieving withdrawal symptoms, and lowering my tolerance during breaks so my pain medication actually relieves pain in lesser doses.

Yes, I had a bunch of 5-10 mg around for when I ran out of tar… I used those to taper off the H as well… The delirium still kicked in a bit, but I could work and wasn't over the toilet

If you are trying to maintain, I would go look for a Suboxone (Buprenorphine) doctor.

From what you said, it seems as if you are just continuing your opioid use because you do not want to be sick. That's why I'm saying you should get a Suboxone or Subutex prescription, because on those days that you just can't get any money, or can't get any of your rock-hard, full-on agonist opioid medications, you'll be a very happy man.

Oh, and I'm talking about getting onto a "maintenance" program, not just a heroin "withdrawal taper".

But if you do decide to take this route of opioid maintenance, here's a warning: opioid maintenance programs (which in the US your only two options are Bupreorphine or Methadone) really really really fuck up your opiate tolerance.

When ones µ-OR (Mu-Opioid Receptor, or the receptors in your brain that get you high) is constantly being saturated by opiate agonist drugs, that persons receptors are going to start "down-regulating". That means that your brain is basically saying, "Oh no, we don't need all of these endorphins (Heroin, Buprenorphine, Morphine, Oxycodone, etc.) floating around here, we have enough!" Or, more simply put, your µ-receptors start shutting down.

Basically, the longer you subject your μ-OR to μ-agonists, the more your brain starts down-regulating (shutting down) these exact μ-OR. But why Suboxone (and Methadone) really fucks ones tolerance up is because of the insanely long half-life of the drug. Due to μ-OR saturation over a long period of time, major down-regulation of μ-OR occurs.

But, if you honestly cannot picture your life without the aid of opioid drugs, I think that Suboxone maintenance would be a wonderful option for you.

(Hey man, I feel ya, it's fucking rough; I'm hooked on IV Herion, and IV Subutex when I do not have my black tar) Oh, and by the way, do not inject pills, I am just a fucking idiot; for reals. If you absolutely MUST inject oral-formulations, then practice your harm reduction. I use a micron filter, with a fresh needle and sterile water ampules with alcohol swabs for my injections, as I am trying to minimize the damage that I am causing myself at least.

I say just stay on the kratom at the normal dose and frequency you were using before your little heroin binge. You may feel MILD withdrawal. I know it may not feel mild to you but it definitely is for an opioid withdrawal if you only used heroin 3 days. It's gotta be mostly in your head dude, no offense, you're probably not feeling as good because the kratom isn't giving you a buzz anymore. I've gone cold turkey off of a 30-50 bag a day 6 month heroin binge when I was on my kingpin status lol, you can't imagine how bad it can get. If you choose to go on methadone or suboxone realise you're just going to be seriously hooked on a more powerful opioid if you take them more than a week.

Obviously, if you are dosing every two hours with minimal relief, it's probably time to find something to last longer.

The methadone thread has a lot of info.

As I've stated, I keep methadone on hand to take medication breaks and to ease withdrawals.

So taking maintanence opiods like methadone or subs won't prolong the H withdrawals? The way I see it is that your are replacing one opiod for another. Or is the idea to of these drugs to have a long half life so that it brings you down gradually and the withdrawals won't hit you as sharp?

^ They most definitely will prolong the opioid withdrawal. Even if you use them to taper, but the intensity of it will be reduced (if you taper I mean). It will be soo much worse if you use them for maintenance. Those medications are for hardcore opioid addicts. The withdrawal from those last 30+ days instead of a few days with heroin. Be responsible for your actions. I wish I never did methadone and just dealt with the withdrawal. It will bite you in the ass so much harder later if you don't fix this now.

^ They most definitely will prolong the opioid withdrawal. Even if you use them to taper, but the intensity of it will be reduced (if you taper I mean). It will be soo much worse if you use them for maintenance. Those medications are for hardcore opioid addicts. The withdrawal from those last 30+ days instead of a few days with heroin. Be responsible for your actions. I wish I never did methadone and just dealt with the withdrawal. It will bite you in the ass so much harder later if you don't fix this now.

I'm sorry to hear about that...I had a friend who was on methadone maintenance for 5 years and after getting off, for 6 months she wasn't able to sleep, aching bones, sweats, extreme depression, said it took a long time for her to feel normal again, and she actually still doesn't feel normal. Last time I heard she was taking subs

So taking maintanence opiods like methadone or subs won't prolong the H withdrawals? The way I see it is that your are replacing one opiod for another. Or is the idea to of these drugs to have a long half life so that it brings you down gradually and the withdrawals won't hit you as sharp?

I don't do H, I take Opana for pain.

Yes, it is replacing one for another ,but in my case, once I wean down a week of methadone, I don't take Opana for weeks. Suboxone causes major migraines, so I can't take that, nor do I want to stay on medications daily.

Depends on the person. For some, they need something daily. For me, I like periods of sobriety, to bring my body and brain back to semi normalcy, to be able to wake up and not need a "daily fix".

You're kinda using kratom as a maintenance opioid anyways. But I'd say methadone would prolly make the transition a little smoother.

Knees were really starting to hurt. Even after a 3 day bender I've had bad knee aches for a week after. I don't understand how that works lol