• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

herion IV issues

sexymama82

Greenlighter
Ive been slamming heroin for a while now and have always had vein issues but now i cant seem to find a vein anywhere. I have tiny veins and rolling veins. Even before shooting heroin drs and nurses couldn't find veins to get an IV started.

well i had found a good vein on my left arm but i dont know if i blew my vein or what but from the crease of my elbow to midway down my arm where the vein is, is rock hard and quite painful. Im using a 31g needle and now cant seem to find a vein anywhere. Ive even tried my foot. Any help as to how long it what take for my vein to be useable again for something or anything else i can do...im getting on methadone in the next few weeks so hopefully with will ge over soon but until then im desperate to figure out what i need to do.

thanks.

p.s. please no negative feedback!

Stop shooting heroin. You now have no veins, what would the emt to if they were to narcnan you after you overdose? Sounds like you have reached the limit for now man.

If possible try to score enough suboxone for a 30day detox. Do not miss a single day.(and do not try and shoot dope at this time), and in the mean time doctor your wounds with Bio-Oil and I have found that a warm wash cloth thats soaked with espom salt. After 30 days you shouldn't even want to do anymore heroin.

if you cant find a vein then make sure youve been for a shit recently, snap the needle off the syringe and plug the heroin. your veins sound completely trashed, time to let them heal. digging around for other veins is just going to cause you more damage, might as well accept that this has went far enough and get yourself on methadone.

Not negative feedback, but IV heroin causes more issues than just fucked up veins. Try plugging, it's safer and comes closer to IV than any other ROA.

I wish you the best with getting off that shit. It's not easy of course but hopefully you'll have a good support network. If not, you always have bluelight :)

I too have very hard to find veins, so I know what it's like to have to dig... I second plugging or intranasal use. If those aren't an option or you're unwilling, I recommend the vein in the very back of the webbing between the thumb and forefinger, that's my emergency spot as I can find it just based on location alone and don't have to feel it as there is little room for it to roll. Also, if you don't know where it is, or you've burned it up, you can find other veins by really really really loading up on water over the course of 2-3 days, like 1 gallon of water per day at least, and your veins will be a lot more visible. If you find another vein, you can mark the location of it by gently scratching in the direction of the vein a few millimeters to the side of the vein so you can find it without seeing the vein. If the needle even has a trace amount of an opioid on it, the area will become slightly inflamed and stay red for about a week.

Again, I don't recommend IV use, but I can't stop you.

Also, If the vein is hard and messed up, it may never be usable again, but stop using it in order to prevent it from collapsing. It is important to rotate sites and never use the same many times in a row. You could also have a buildup of scar tissue making it feel hard, and if so, it'll never go away.