• Bar GraphicOpen Late Graphic

🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Social Here's the Top 20 Most Painful Medical Conditions - have you had any? Can you tell us about your experience?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I'm just very curious.

Okay, I've read A LOT of top 20 lists and obviously they all somewhat vary. This is based on what is most commonly high on the list etc. Almost all lists have the same 20 and I'm not saying this is an exact order by any means.

1) Depression (also, Borderline Personality Disorder)
2) Cluster Headaches
3) Frozen Shoulder
4) Trigeminal Neuralgia
5) Complex Regional-Pain Syndrome
6) Acute Pancreatitis
7) Sickle Cells
8 ) Kidney Stones
9) Shingles
10) Heart Attack
11) Endometriosis
12) Broken Bones
13) Slipped Disk
14) Arthritis
15) Sciatica
16) Gout
17) Stomach Ulcer
18 ) Fibromyalgia
19) Appendicitis
20) Migraine

[runner-ups that are very painful but never seem to have the top 20 include:
Inter-muscular abscess
Post-Operative Pain
Gallstones
Childbirth
Burns
Spinal Headache
Dislocated Joints]

For me, I've experienced:

Borderline Personality Disorder (and Depression) - gotta agree this is the worst. My psych told me to describe having BPD to people who don't understand as "the emotional equivalent of being covered in severe burns; you feel agony at the slightest touch and movement" and I think that's very accurate.
Acute Pancreatitis - I barely remember to be honest. I do know it was extremely painful and that they had me on IV morphine and even IV Diamorphine at times. They guy in the bed next to me (on the ward) actually had to have an epidural because he couldn't handle the pain. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Like being repeatedly disemboweled by a razor blade made of acid.
Inter-muscular abscess - I had a very large (infected) one in my thigh and it was agony to walk. In hospital they told me it is worse than just breaking a bone and said they couldn't believe I wasn't using a wheelchair (I very happily accepted one when they offered). I had an extreme case of it, though. The thigh is the biggest muscle as long as one of the most used so it's the worst place to get it, and mine (the abscess, not my thigh lol) was HUGE to boot (400ml which is fucking gigantic).

schizopath

Bluelighter
Bpd, crps without meds, broken bones and migraines.

bpd -> horrible mood wings etc combined with other mental conditions like ptsd make it your fucking job just to survive through the day.
crps -> at first it was awful but the pain has lowered a little so I dont even think about it anymore. Also I can sleep so not bad.
broken bones -> not nearly as bad as crps but still fucking awful at the start.
migraines -> they are pain? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

madness00

Moderator: NMI, MH, CD
Staff member
Cluster headaches and migraines > childbirth and gallstones?

Never had the latters, but damn.

I think it's safe to say everyone experiences pain differently.

I'd also add getting your penis chopped off.

I guess i understand the BPD thing.. because it's a life-long condition, right?

Painful One

Bluelighter
Yup my dear friends Cluster Headaches are a cluster fuck of pain so severe that one cannot believe a human being can still remain conscious through that kind of pain. One just projectile vomits where one is and doesn’t worry about it because one cannot move due to skull cracking pain. One looses all control. No ability to even speak or see. These cluster fuck headaches knock out ones speech and eye sight. Loosing ones vision is one of the first signs so one had better get their ass home pronto or they are going to be on the side of the road blind, puking, and completely disabled wherever one might be.

I would rather give birth daily than have cluster headaches. There is no comparison in the pain level. Well, maybe in the way that it feels like your skull is going to blow itself open but that relief doesn’t come.

Number 1,5, 8, and 9 also suck unbelievably but none of the others have anything on cluster fuck headaches for ACUTE, INTENSE pain. In fact, most people commit suicide who have cluster headaches.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Cluster headaches and migraines > childbirth and gallstones?

Never had the latters, but damn.

I think it's safe to say everyone experiences pain differently.

I'd also add getting your penis chopped off.

I guess i understand the BPD thing.. because it's a life-long condition, right?
Cluster headaches are also known as suicide headaches are generally acknowledged as the worst physical pain a person can experience.
Oddly, child birth appears in almost none of the top 20 lists.

Soso78

Bluelighter
That list is nothing, last week I stubbed my little toe on the bed. I’d rather any of those off the list than to go through that again.

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
Have experienced numbers 1, 3, 8, 12, 13, 15, and 20 on that list, damn

The most painful one out of those by far for me was no.8, kidney stones.

So painful it took me 90 minutes to get down two flights of stairs to phone an ambulance as I kept losing consciousness due to the pain. I could not utter a single sound. At one point I became a purple single-cell organism that was pulsating with pure pain. Incredible experience really. Since then I've been quite the fan of drinking plenty of water!

Slipped discs,. broken bones and sciatica have also produced a very high pain level on occasions and have been horrific but nothing has come close to the kidney stone, that was pain out of normal comprehension

Tubbs

Bluelight Crew
Have had migraines quite alot, especially when younger..... totally sucked.

Broken bones...... you could almost call me evel knievel..... ribs and the shoulder are the absolute worst by far.....

Surprised to not see MS on there anywhere.

Pluggle

Bluelighter
Meningococcal does seem painful.

Tubbs, can you contract this after your broken bone study as your limbs will have to be amputated if we leave it long enough.

Try hitting your elbow it fucking hurts and people laugh at this pain, no one goes up to a meningococcal patient and laughs.