• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Help

Flowered

Greenlighter
I was wondering if anyone knew hot to get out of precipitated withdraw from soboxen bc this really sux I was on what I think was fentanyl waited 54 hrs and still when I took suboxen it made me worse. Any solutions?

Were you habituated to fentanyl before you took the suboxone? I don't know a whole lot about precip wd but still gonna bump your thread in the hopes that someone more knowledgeable stumbles through.

I think you'll unfortunately just have to ride this out. Trying to break through it is like playing russian roulette. Admittedly I don't know much about precipitated withdrawal

You will probably have to ride it out.

When you take it again, try taking smaller doses first. The bigger the dose of Suboxone you take, the worse the precip will feel if it happens again.

If you don't feel like the smaller dose makes things much worse after a few hours, you can take another small dose. Do this incrementally every so many hours until you feel a little better & hit about the 8-12mg spot. Then stay there for a day or so and then try again with taking 8+mg.

Not guaranteed to be painless, but I have done this with regular heroin & had success. Coming off fent might require doses of 8+ mg (possibly even 12-24mg) for a few days once you're stabilized and then you can taper from there and get off subs unless you're looking to be on maintenance.

Buprenorphine metabolizes into a full agonist called norbuprenorphine. It is theorized that at low doses this metabolite can attach and activate receptors as well. At high doses, buprenorphine blocks it's own metabolite from binding. So taking 2mg & less of subs is more likely to feel like an opioid than say, taking 8-24+mg. However, when coming off a full agonist (fent, heroin, methadone), high doses of bupe may be required. Although you'd be surprised how well 2mg of buprenorphine can work when your tolerance drops a bit.

Once you feel like the low doses aren't making your withdrawals worse, you're most likely safe to take a higher dose, but be warned that Subs are a beast of their own and the longer & higher the dose you're on, you will still have to face withdrawals (unless you're on maintenance for life), which will end up being longer & more drawn out than fentanyl withdrawals.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Sadly, despite being a partial agonist, Bupe has a very high binding affinity to the mu receptor. So you take a Sub, it rips the other Opiates off and won't let anything else on. So since nothing else can rip the Bupe off, that means you have no way to end the PWD. All you can do is wait. Alot of people say it lasts 30 minutes. But for me, the worst lasted two hours. I'm sorry that you had to experience PWD. It's pure agony to say the least.