• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Help with purifying/washing up. What is that taste/smell lately?

dizzyrascal

Greenlighter
Hi all %)
Newb here so hope I follow all rules ok.

Have been lurking for a month or so trying to find the answer in existing but nothing yet...
I prefer my Coke in base form (aka: smoking rocks) as I just don’t like messing up my nose these days. I like making my own, preferring ammonia method, and consider myself a pro at this task. (Another story for another time I’m sure!)

Went do like this:

[Cue drum beat]

so this is a story, all about how my life got twisted upside down... (ok, jokes. Not really gonna rap my predicament, though I probably could...)

Recently had a beaut supply of fish scale perfection, but the last I got from that supplier (and of course 3.5 g worth!) was just... off!

Powder in bag smelled ok. When I added ammonia, all ok.

And there the ok-ness ended.

Suddenly the stench was overpowering!

Putrid fumes as soon as the reaction occurred. Even when I then tried to wash the remaining rock (as it formed fine) through water, the smell was there.

Needless to say it tastes shit. Kinda like very strong fertiliser is the best descriptor I can think of. The smell is awful, and there is a horrible hard yukky taste. And that taste is the reason I enjoy the occasional dabble in ‘base.

I have tried everything I know, as well as bicarb method for the first time. (Part of me wondered if It might better neutralise the smell....)

Impressed to say I mastered it, but again? Whatever is in that stuff is ‘sticking’ to the product. It’s such a shitter because the product part itself looks awesome. Get a decent looking oil on top and dries hard and fast. Just can’t shake the horrible smell and taste!

I’m surely not the only person who has experienced this in our supply lately? So biggest question to you guys is, do we know what has been adulterating our Charlie lately?
I am getting prepared to do a purification using anhydrous acetone, and if that doesn’t work, it’s 2.8 g in the bin.

Help please!

Acetone wash should help immensely. That's what it does best. I use it to wash any meth I get that just tastes or smells "off" and it hasnt let me down yet.

Acetone wash should help immensely. That's what it does best. I use it to wash any meth I get that just tastes or smells "off" and it hasnt let me down yet.

cheers, will give that a try later. Just hate being defeated! Any ideas what’s been so different lately?

Yeh nahhh still that fucked up taste. What is it, does anyone know? Was in a few batches the last few weeks here.

I’m surely not the only person who has experienced this in our supply lately?

Definitely not, being a cocaine addict during this pandemic has been misery. I've been recooking mine with a tiny, tiny bit of Motrin table salt and that improves some of the nastier tasting garbage out there. Everything has been off for months, there was a period of time where the res changed from brown to white. I never envisioned it could have got as bad as it did in my city.

Also, I've found some great success with hot water washes, although they do take a bit of time investment.

I know exactly what you mean about the taste being the reason, it's one of my favorite parts of it, and when it tastes bad it just ruins my whole experience with it.

Definitely not, being a cocaine addict during this pandemic has been misery. I've been recooking mine with a tiny, tiny bit of Motrin table salt and that improves some of the nastier tasting garbage out there. Everything has been off for months, there was a period of time where the res changed from brown to white. I never envisioned it could have got as bad as it did in my city.

Also, I've found some great success with hot water washes, although they do take a bit of time investment.

I know exactly what you mean about the taste being the reason, it's one of my favorite parts of it, and when it tastes bad it just ruins my whole experience with it.

Indeed - it’s been the most trying time to catch our old mate Charlie on a good day lately! I think it was all pretty decent up until around mid-July here - now it’s more hit and miss, though starting to get better qual through. But this coke-vid lottery has defo taken the enjoyment completely away. [stamps feet] No fair! :cry::cautious:

What does the table salt do and where/when do you add it, are you talking ammonia or bicarb method? I’ve never heard of salt being used? Is it more for the taste difference than a chemical thing? Any links for HW washes too? Patience I can do.

Sorry for all the questions! This particular baggy has been so close to the bin on multiple occasions - I just keep hoping for some miracle answer that may enable me to salvage at least something from it... I’m pretty sure whatever it’s tainted with is somehow bound with the raw product. But there’s still 2.5g left and even if I could get only 10% out of it, I’d take it! ⛷:cool:

Other recent stuff (not so bad, but also not the best shit ever) has also been leaving more of a plastic-y resin that I’ve noticed. Lately it’s got to the point where I’d rather not have it at all than forego that beautiful taste we know and appreciate! And hey, safety first and all that: I’m not comfortable putting some unknown in my body, depraved as I may be at times.

What does the table salt do and where/when do you add it, are you talking ammonia or bicarb method? I’ve never heard of salt being used? Is it more for the taste difference than a chemical thing? Any links for HW washes too? Patience I can do.

From a chemistry point of view, I'm still not quite sure exactly what's happening with the recook with Motrin (don't use iodized salt) salt. With that said, it's undeniable that it can make the most awful tasting crack cocaine and make it taste good again. As far as increasing purity or something like that happen, I've heard people claim it does, but I've never noticed it in a significant manner. Now, be careful though, because too much salt will taste about just as bad and cause all types of charring issues on the chore. It took me a couple tries to get the amount down, but it's easy enough to do.

For the hot water washes, I can't link to the dark net, but I'll copy over instructions when I get a chance. It's mainly just soaking crack cocaine, chopped up incredibly fine, in a large amount of warm water to hot water which allows some of the nasty base cuts to dissolve into the water.